PDA

View Full Version : is changing tanks simple?

450raider
06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
i just got my kfx back from the shop from the gas tank recall and it wasnt even their for a full day (about 22 hrs) and i was just for future reference wondering what all goes into switching tanks? is it like changing any other one or is there electrical matters involved like programming switching pumps and stuff like that.

SET THE STAGE
06-29-2007, 03:46 PM
i would imagine almost like any other tank plus or minus a few things

but i could be wrong

pudamac12
06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
it is really easy. You just have to disconnect the wire harness that goes to the switch to tell the pump to purge and also the low fuel light setup. It took me about fifteen minutes in total to get it off when I put in my cam

topdollr
06-29-2007, 09:54 PM
my copy of the work order showed .8 hours so that is what Kawi is paying for. Like others stated just take the front plastic off, a few bolts and plugs and your done

feature05
06-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Dude I took mine off in like 15 minutes. Disconnect the fuel line, the wires to the harness, and unscrew the back two bolts of the gas tank and pop it off. I did this when I had changed the spark plug. I personally really like how the fuel tank has the fuel quick disconnetc, it reminded me of when I had my ninja 636. The cool thing is when I disconnected it, I though fuel would just poor out but it didn't.

Yee-Haw_400EX
07-01-2007, 02:01 AM
It took them about a 10 days to:

Order a new tank
Get it shipped there
And install it

Consider yourself lucky!

pudamac12
07-01-2007, 03:11 PM
my dealer took three days to get it and dropped it off wednesday night and picked it back up on thursday. They did my gas tank and subframe all at one time with no problems.