PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Chris Earlywine

popo
06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
The ATV industry is saddened to hear that Chris Earlywine passed away today.

Chris apparently had a heart attack and passed away on the track at the WPSA in VA.

Chris and Nikki Earlywine have each ridden 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers and dirtbikes since they were about 6 years old. They have raced quads locally for about 10 years and raced nationally for the last 5 years. They are the only married couple in AMA history to both have been National Champions. Nikki was the 1999 Womens Class Champion and Chris was the 2000 250B 2-stroke Class Champion and the 2006 Vet A 30+ Class Champion in the Grand National Cross Country ATV Series. The Earlywine's own a trackside shop, Earlywine's ATV and Cycle. They carry new and used dirtbikes and quads, parts, accessories, and race fuel. They specialize in repairs and motor & suspension mods for performance ATVs and dirtbikes. Chris, Nikki, and their son Caleb reside next to their indoor motocross building and shop just outside of Maysville, Kentucky.

http://www.earlywineracing.com/ChrisXCquad_op_368x245.jpg

Scro
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear that - I always loved his quad:(

diangelo#67
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
O.M.G
me and chase c were just talking about there place the indoor track and how I should try to go this winter for training man this is devistating

JRP
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
wow i cannot believe this...:( Ive talked to him before through email before about his indoor track, i cannot believe he passed away. :(

RIP Chris Earlywine. you, your family, and friends are all in my prayers.

Pappy
06-29-2007, 04:29 PM
unbelievable:(

my prayers go to his family and may he rest in peace:(

cop292
06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Prayers to the family. R.I.P.

ZeroLogic
06-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
unbelievable:(

my prayers go to his family and may he rest in peace:(

:ermm:

06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
:( this is horrible.....rip Chris. He was an awesome guy! I bought my z450 from him

06-29-2007, 06:55 PM
did it happen while he was riding?

JRP
06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/wpsaatvtour200706chrisearlywinedies.html

:( :( :(

yellow400ex05
06-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Damn thats such a tragic loss, RIP he'll be in my prayers, at least he was doing something he loved to do.

wvspeedfreak
06-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Very sorry to hear this.His family will be in our prayers :(

JRP
06-29-2007, 08:53 PM
my friend mike is there racing and he said there have been many ppl flown out today...:ermm:

TWISTED DINLI
06-29-2007, 08:56 PM
yea my friend called me today as soon as it happen. i cant believe this happened to him. :(

jb500ex
06-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by JRP
my friend mike is there racing and he said there have been many ppl flown out today...:ermm:

yeah my brother said the same thing. i was on the phone with him and he said here comes the helicopter again. it's supposed to be fun, all of this is very sad. chris was a very nice fun guy r.i.p.

jcv400ex
06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I can't believe this. At only 39 and he was in great shape. RIP Chris, his family is in our prayers....:(

06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
unbelievable!! i talked to him for about an hour at the unadilla gncc last year...super great guy...terrible loss for the sport!! way to young to be taken away....:( ...

QuadJunkies
06-30-2007, 12:41 AM
There has been WAY too much tragedy this year . :(
Our heart and prayers go out to the family.
God less.

rYan01400EX
06-30-2007, 02:32 AM
This is extremely devistating... Chris was a GREAT friend of the family. I had never raced in my life but I had always went out just set down and talk to Chris. He worked on my quad plenty of times and I've stood by his side just to learn it all. He truly was a great man. He was someone for me to look up too and maybe others aswell. Everytime I went, he would ask "Hey dude, when ya gonna come out and race?" Unfortunately, I never got to. I had just fixed a hole in Chris' truck too at my boss' body shop not 2 weeks ago. Nonetheless, Chris was an awesome guy. You needed anything, he'd help. He was as nice as could be. I'm sure going to miss him and my condolences go to his family.

Rest in peace.

gncc025
06-30-2007, 05:03 AM
i didnt know the man personally or anything but it still saddens me every time the atv community loses another rider. it seems to me the atv community has the most overwhelming support of fellow riders that ive ever seen. makes me proud to be a part of it.
RIP

trict_out
06-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Wow...I'm upset. Last winter I spent a couple late nights at earlywines with chris and my friends. He would keep the place open late for us so we could practice. He helped me out a ton getting my 450r dialed in and was always urging me to get out there and race. MY prayers to the family. I just dont feel good right now at all.

underpowered
06-30-2007, 09:46 AM
very sad to hear. i have talked to chris personally many times, great guy. His wife, Nikki, personally called our shop yesterday to inform us of the news. RIP, they are all in my prayers. he was much to young, especially for a heart attack.

scaryflowers
07-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it is really sad. I did not believe it at first. He was a really good person. Always there to make you laugh or feel better.

Ride in Peace, buddy.

firefighterjosh
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I have never met the guy but from what I hear he was one good guy.

My prayers go out to his family and friends

mxprincess
07-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Billy Maddix, Chris Earlywine's mechanic and myself sat up all night last night and made a myspace page in memory of Chris. Please check it out. If you have any pictures or just want to post a comment please do so.

This way Nikki and Caleb can go to this site any time they want and read all the good things people have to say about this wonderful man.

scaryflowers
07-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I believe I tryed to add that myspace. Thank you so much.

mxprincess
07-17-2007, 10:55 AM
please get the word out:

Caleb and Nikki Earlywine Benefit Auction

On June 29th 2007 the racing world lost a great competitor and pioneer of the racing industry. Chris Earlywine, owner and operator of the nation’s largest indoor MX facility, was taken from his family and friends while practicing at the WPSA event in Virginia. Chris suffered non-specific heart failure and passed quickly.

As with any tragedy such as this, there are other victims that cannot be avoided, in this case Chris left behind his wife Nikki and young son Caleb. Caleb is under five years old and his future education needs were only recently being reviewed and planned for. With the passing of his father the need for educational funds are now more important than ever.

So, to help provide a jumpstart on his future there will be a charity auction on Saturday July 21st after the races commence at the Rossville, IN race that is part of the WPSA series of racing. The auction will be held Saturday night after the races end. Many vendors and friends have already donated items to help this cause bring in the much-needed help that Caleb and his mother Nikki will need to assist in a shot at a great future.

If you plan on attending this event please make a point to stop by the auction and see what items are up for grabs and help a great cause. Many of the items are one of a kind and will not be available any place else – ever, such as a plane ride with Doug Gust in his own plane, one of a kind autographed photos, signed jerseys, Jeremiah Jones helmet and gear. Plus other great items from great people who graciously donated some fantastic items.
Throughout the day the track announcers will notify everyone of the actual location and time of the auction. And you can also stop by the Mark and Shannon Miller pit area that will be displaying the Kenda Tire awning near vendor row for more details.

If you have prior questions please contact:

Carrie Auchter
Earlywine Racing
4248 Walton Pike
Dover, KY 41034
606-883-3098

ATV Chic
07-17-2007, 02:02 PM
My bf and i will be in rossville and will def stop by. the family are in our prayers.

quadracer707
07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
We went to the one in kentucky that Chris was helping with, what a good time and a lot of laughs, you wont belive what people pay for somethings, $1500 for doug gusts rear fender he won in the wpsa, Gust was there & donated lots of items, his mom was even bidding on a picture she did not have of him. You can also get great deals as we did it is a win win situation, wish we could be there but along way to go racing. Anyone who can go & any sponsers & Pros that can show up you wont believe how much the common folk appreciate seeing you mix & mingle. GOOD luck & hope to race lots of money for something worth while. Rest in peace Chris & family

WADES DAD