PDA

View Full Version : fcr carb for sale

06-29-2007, 06:53 AM
i am considering selling the fcr carb off of my 2006 450r...mind you, i am just in the considering stages and it is NOT actually for sale yet...

what would you guys be willing to pay for a slightly used 40mm fcr carb with an extra leak jet and and aftermarket air fuel adjustment screw?

pro-rider46
07-01-2007, 06:05 PM
250 to 300? the fcr is one of the carbs you can get, if your thinking of upgrading, the best thing you can do is get it bored to 43mm. the only thing better than a fcr is efi. so you might as well keep it

07-02-2007, 06:42 AM
i am thinking on "downgrading" to an/04 05 carb because i feel my problems with starting the bike when hot is with the carb. i can deal with a loss of performance if it means that my riding group won;t be 10 minutes up the trail before i get started...

400exrider707
07-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Trade you for an 04/05 carb.

07-02-2007, 11:24 AM
i won't do an even up t5rade...i know the fcr is worth more than the 04/05 plus i would really like to keep ahold of the fcr until after i have done some testing with the new carb...

basically, i am just trying to find an rough price to tell my wife what i could possibly get from my carb to justify the purchase of a different carb...

OutlawBill
07-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Lean out the slow air jet or richen the pilot and adjust the accelerator pump for a shorter squirt, all so check out JD jet kit.

Dill
07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
the FCR is the best 4 stroke carb made. Rather than switching carbs and possibly causing another problem, I'd fix the problem you have.

07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
i wish i had time to do things like that...as it is, my company is so busy that i am working 7 days a week and when i get that one day off a month, i want to ride, not spend it trying to tune in this damn carb...the bike runs well, it is just a ***** to start.

my dealer only has main and pilot jets for it...so it is not like i can just go buy some jets...i have to order them from somewhere...i was told it would take the dealer 2 weeks to get some in...anything else they order, i have in less than a week. a general lack of time is my problem.

i changed the pilot last week and will be trying it out on the 4th. it took me 4 days just to do that because of time constraints. i think the stock pilot jet is too rich for hot starting, so i went down one. i also put the stock leak jet back in. i would have like to try one thing at a time, but like i said, i just don't have time to do all this stuff, and give my family the time that they deserve from me.

chad502ex
07-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Dill
the FCR is the best 4 stroke carb made. Rather than switching carbs and possibly causing another problem, I'd fix the problem you have.

Dill, your crazy- you dont know a single thing!!! LOL!!! just kidd'n bro, good to see ya round,... :cool: