PDA

View Full Version : Hard to sleep!

Lowcountrydave
06-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Anybody else work weird hours? I work 3 sets of 12's 5pm-5:30am during the weekend. I find it hard to go to sleep on my days off. My body is use to being up during those late hours. Any ideas on how to trick myself into getting a decent nights sleep?

Sleepless Dave

HondaEXrider22
06-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Benadryl is a non addictive sleep medicine. Its whats in Nyquil only without the cold stuff.

ATV Chic
06-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Any over the counter meds that have Diphenhydramine as an ingredient will work. Benadryl being the main one and Tylenol PM or Unisom. Hope that helps! (I am a recent pharmcy school grad;) )

u_want_some
06-29-2007, 07:20 AM
WEll I can definatly speak on the weired hours....I work from 6:30am - 3:30pm, and then go from 4:00 pm to midnight, Thats monday through Friday and have Sat. evening off and all day Sunday. I personally use tyenol Pm. They work great and dont make me feel bad the next day.

06-29-2007, 07:33 AM
i used to work 7 pm to 7 am, 3 days on 4 days off...i miss those hours...

on the last day when you get home, do not go to sleep...stay up until you can no longer stay awake...that was usually 9 pm or so for me...if i made it to 11 pm, i was surprised...

the rest of the days, make sure you are up early, no later than 7 am and do not nap during the day...of course for that first day back, i would stay up until about 2 am the night before and then get up around 8 am and then take a nap from 10:30/11:00 until about 1:00/2:00...

my problem with sleeping was when i got home after work...i could never fall asleep until 10 at the earliest and would have to get up to get my daughter from day care by one...now that she is in school(except for summer months of course), i can sleep until about 2:45

REDRIDDER
06-29-2007, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lowcountrydave
[B]Anybody else work weird hours? I work 3 sets of 12's 5pm-5:30am during the weekend. I find it hard to go to sleep on my days off. My body is use to being up during those late hours. Any ideas on how to trick myself into getting a decent nights sleep?
Hey do you work at the walmart distribution center cause those are my hours saturday-monday every week.i cant seem to sleep either,oh that and i just switched my hours to 5am to 530pm it sucks when you cant sleep i get about 3-4 hours of sleep when i work im tired all 3 days.but the pay is excellent.

csimp3
06-29-2007, 10:00 PM
i used to work 7 pm to 7 am 3 days a week, but i never had a normal sleep scheldule, on my off days i would go to bed around 3-4 am and wake up around noon, i havent worked that job for almost 2 years, and im still on the same sleep schedule, bu ti bartend, so it makes sense for me. but what did help keep a somewhat normal sleep patern, was like someone else said, on the last day of your work week, stay up until you would normally go to bed that night, that should help

Lowcountrydave
06-30-2007, 06:14 AM
No, I don't work at Walmart, I think I will try and stay up all day and take Tylenol PM, hehe Just curious what kinda of money are we talking about? I'm thinking of a second job part time of course. Thanks for all the replys.

Dave zzZZZzzzz <--not really should be sleeping as I type this..