PDA

View Full Version : my internet sucks need suggestions

JJs450r
06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
well i posted a while ago about my microsoft internet going to crap sending errors with the do no send button and i got firefox and it did alright but now its doing the same thing it mostly does it on myspace space and once in awhile on here just aggravating any help would be great as to wehre ot get a new internet browser or something lol thanks

sonof_perdition
06-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Hows your connection? Are you cable, DSL, dial-up, ect? How long has it been since you had a virus scan? How long has it been since you did your last defrag? Do you have a bunch of freeware running in the background? Im no computer genius by any means. I have had this ame kind of problem but I usually run an extra virus scan and then restart my PC. It also helps to clean up your hard drive at least once a week. Also, (im not saying you do or don't) stay away from those adult oriented sites or any other site that might seem shady or suspect. You might also do a search for a PC problem forum. Hope these ideas help sorry i dont know more that would definetely help.

JJs450r
06-28-2007, 10:28 PM
haha, nah but i do run limewire a pretty good amount wish i knew more about computers, i tried to dl the new internet explorer but it never wants to open up for some reason all pretty crappy

<DRS>GPF
06-29-2007, 06:25 AM
if it were mine, id buy a second harddrive, copy off the things i want (and is 'clean'..) , then reformat the 'boot' drive.

henceforth use both drives, keeping things you truly want on the new drive(games, videos and music) and all Windows OS related or required programs on the boot drive.

that system has worked for me and mine for years..

also diligence with pop-up blockers and other anti-spam software. (12ghosts, MS Defender, built in SP2 firewall and Adaware.. all free)

oh.. and stay off the pr0n sites..;)

JJs450r
06-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
if it were mine, id buy a second harddrive, copy off the things i want (and is 'clean'..) , then reformat the 'boot' drive.

henceforth use both drives, keeping things you truly want on the new drive(games, videos and music) and all Windows OS related or required programs on the boot drive.

that system has worked for me and mine for years..

also diligence with pop-up blockers and other anti-spam software. (12ghosts, MS Defender, built in SP2 firewall and Adaware.. all free)

oh.. and stay off the pr0n sites..;)

lol it started happening before i started going to those haha joking, but nah i think its limewire, i was hoping there would be something easy to do like getting a new net browser, dont wanan go through all the troubles seeing how im not really on it im on the laptop more but justaggravating when i need to get on it

SGA
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
With out you having a good knowledge of computers, its very hard for you to fix it from advice over the net.

Id say pay or bribe a computer savvy friend to go over there and let them look at it.

REDRIDDER
06-29-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah get rid of limewire its crashed my cpu before.