PDA

View Full Version : Keihin Now available on DRX50,70 and 90- Stock

bulldogfallon
06-28-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.drrinc.com/drx2_50.htm

They are not WPSA and ATVA legal, but "should" be considered stock for most local tracks (since it is a stock option)

Please check with your local track for approval prior to purchasing the upgrade.

kenjolly
06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I take back anything i said about you,,you are the DRRNation.

bulldogfallon
06-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Your prices just went up Jolly!!!

I have a feww dozens carbs on their way to FL :) :)

Who wants one?

Nichols Atvs
06-28-2007, 07:06 PM
This is awesome new carbs ,wheels and nerf bars on the way cant wait to here more good DRR news . Any one want to buy a new OKO 21 never used still in its box let me know free shipping if ya buy it.

bulldogfallon
06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Everyone needs to check with their local tracks first

DRR will not be responsible for purchases and tracks not allowing them to be used

They did it to help us, let's not make it a headache for DRR.

I suggest printing th page and bringing it to the track

dblacks
06-28-2007, 08:37 PM
As much as I like it it is crazy........

will the kehin fit in the intake that we have also purchased?

I asked around a few weeks ago, Kehin wasn't legal, many of us then purchased oko's since Kehin wasn't an option now it is, is DRR going to buy them back from the 4 or 5 guys I know that bought them and at least 2 of them took it off and put the 16mm back on. I would have bought the Kehin 2 weeks ago in stead of this oko I have on Drew's machine.

Don't get me wrong I love the quality of the DRX but changing options more than a newborns diaper is just crazy and it is costing owners a lot to keep adding options.

kenjolly
06-28-2007, 08:41 PM
What did you take of your 50 to put a OKO on,i hope it wasnt a makuni.

bulldogfallon
06-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by dblacks
As much as I like it it is crazy........

will the kehin fit in the intake that we have also purchased?

I asked around a few weeks ago, Kehin wasn't legal, many of us then purchased oko's since Kehin wasn't an option now it is, is DRR going to buy them back from the 4 or 5 guys I know that bought them and at least 2 of them took it off and put the 16mm back on. I would have bought the Kehin 2 weeks ago in stead of this oko I have on Drew's machine.

Don't get me wrong I love the quality of the DRX but changing options more than a newborns diaper is just crazy and it is costing owners a lot to keep adding options.

Legal?? What does that mean? National or local?

The Keihins are NOT legal for the ATVA or WPSA......

Who did you ask?

I have not seen a performance advantage from the OKO over the Mikuni, so if you would have asked me I would have told you to save your money and keep the Mikuni.

Make sure you ask the right people.....

DRR has made this change to help the local riders in the stock class and the parents that don't have the experience to make the OKOs run as good as they can..

The guys that run nationals usually have experience and can tune the OKOs pretty good.

They are not buying anything back....This is an "upgrade" and something that was done per many requests, not their idea.

The carb will fit...just clamp them on tight.....

The OKO will run good with proper jetting, but the Keihin is just a better carb.....

We can stop making changes for the better if you guys don't want to have faster quads.....

It's up to you..............

kenjolly
06-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Dont do that, i will have to get my scuba tank out walk to the end of the pier jump off and try to find my OKO.

Andyman17dad
06-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Oh Boy, this will have everyone all wound up next weekend at MX-207 in Maine!

jetmedic
06-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Bob, Cant wait its goin to be fun. we should be done with the carb issue and let everyone use whatever carb and filter. It really doesnt matter. You know what i talking about.

dblacks
06-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
Oh Boy, this will have everyone all wound up next weekend at MX-207 in Maine!

How many of the guys that took that oko off will have Kehins on their kids 50, .....lol

I wont be surprised if I order one too just incase.

dblacks
06-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Legal?? What does that mean? National or local?

The Keihins are NOT legal for the ATVA or WPSA......

Who did you ask?

I have not seen a performance advantage from the OKO over the Mikuni, so if you would have asked me I would have told you to save your money and keep the Mikuni.

Make sure you ask the right people.....

DRR has made this change to help the local riders in the stock class and the parents that don't have the experience to make the OKOs run as good as they can..

The guys that run nationals usually have experience and can tune the OKOs pretty good.

They are not buying anything back....This is an "upgrade" and something that was done per many requests, not their idea.

The OKO will run good with proper jetting, but the Keihin is just a better carb.....

We can stop making changes for the better if you guys don't want to have faster quads.....

It's up to you..............

relax guy, I did post something about it and you were very stand up enough to offer to take one off from a bike you had in stock and ship if they didnt come in that week. You never said don't put it on cause it wont work, actually no one was complaining about how they ran until later that next week after many had committed to putting them on.

No need to get defensive, the problem as stated before if the options keep changing and if your series rules allow the "upgrades" then next thing you know you have spent lots of $ on upgrades.

Thanks to help, I have the OKO tuned in perfect. there is a reason it works on some and not on others, I think Billy Holt has it figured out too or he wouldn't post on the forums to send all the junk "oko" carbs his way.

Many parents in the 50 classes are just frustrated due to continual upgrades in one model year, Like I said don't get me wrong they are all great upgrades and DRR stands out above the rest especially with the 50's. The last NEATV race had 12 kids in the 50 class, 100% of them were DRX 50's, gotta be a reason for that right.

Like Jet Medic said a few weeks ago, "I'll be glad when I am out of this 50 class" and he is right. If NEATV had a mini Quad tech inspector he would have hung himslef by now.

I gonna pull one out of chickenman's book, 14 moto's to go.:D

dblacks
06-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by jetmedic
Bob, Cant wait its goin to be fun. we should be done with the carb issue and let everyone use whatever carb and filter. It really doesnt matter. You know what i talking about.

At this point you are 100%correct, get it tuned and it will run if the kid riding it is willing to hold it wide open.

Gonna be fun,, that must mean you guys are camping this time around.

dblacks
06-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon

the Kehin is smaller going to the intake than the oko, be very careful just clamping it on tighter, it will work thou

Andyman17dad
06-29-2007, 07:38 AM
"Mental tuning" is the only real (and LEGAL) upgrade that you can do to the 50's. If you can get your rider in the right frame of mind, it don't matter what carb, air filter, whatever you have, the kid will get it done!

I have found that since I switched to telling him at the gate to "go do what you do and HAVE FUN!!" His riding has improved dramatically, he doesn't have to think about "dad said to go into the turn this way and come out of the turns that way, hit this jump here".....blah, blah, blah They are the ones in control and they know what feels best for them and if they want it they will get it!!! All the upgrades in the world won't help if the rider isn't "in the mood"!!

kenjolly
06-29-2007, 07:47 AM
You are so right, i started doing this a few months ago and he is lerning and running even faster. they will ask for more quad when THEY are ready for it. my son started crying last race because he thought i was disappointed in him for not getting past someone,which will never be the case.I was trying to tell him what he could have done different instead of letting him learn it on his own. instead of him allways saying i know that dad he now ask for help.

dblacks
06-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
"Mental tuning" is the only real (and LEGAL) upgrade that you can do to the 50's. If you can get your rider in the right frame of mind, it don't matter what carb, air filter, whatever you have, the kid will get it done!

I have found that since I switched to telling him at the gate to "go do what you do and HAVE FUN!!" His riding has improved dramatically, he doesn't have to think about "dad said to go into the turn this way and come out of the turns that way, hit this jump here".....blah, blah, blah They are the ones in control and they know what feels best for them and if they want it they will get it!!! All the upgrades in the world won't help if the rider isn't "in the mood"!!

well said

Drew's performance on Sunday was mostly due to the light switch getting turned on and he realized he could do it.

We can tell them how to race all we want but they won't do it until they decide to do it.

ecmini1
06-29-2007, 08:22 AM
80% RIDER 20% MACHINE

bulldogfallon
06-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by dblacks
relax guy, I did post something about it and you were very stand up enough to offer to take one off from a bike you had in stock and ship if they didnt come in that week. You never said don't put it on cause it wont work, actually no one was complaining about how they ran until later that next week after many had committed to putting them on.

No need to get defensive, the problem as stated before if the options keep changing and if your series rules allow the "upgrades" then next thing you know you have spent lots of $ on upgrades.

Thanks to help, I have the OKO tuned in perfect. there is a reason it works on some and not on others, I think Billy Holt has it figured out too or he wouldn't post on the forums to send all the junk "oko" carbs his way.

Many parents in the 50 classes are just frustrated due to continual upgrades in one model year, Like I said don't get me wrong they are all great upgrades and DRR stands out above the rest especially with the 50's. The last NEATV race had 12 kids in the 50 class, 100% of them were DRX 50's, gotta be a reason for that right.

Like Jet Medic said a few weeks ago, "I'll be glad when I am out of this 50 class" and he is right. If NEATV had a mini Quad tech inspector he would have hung himslef by now.

I gonna pull one out of chickenman's book, 14 moto's to go.:D

I was also never asked if there was an improvement in performance over the Mikuni.....To me on a stock 50 they run overall just about the same....On a fully modded 50 I bet the OKO could be made to run better...

Relax?

Maybe I did take your post too personal, but I spend pretty much every waking minute of the day trying to do the right thing for this sport.....Just hit me the wrong way with the way your post was worded....

I get complaints from many parents about the OKO and then I get grief when the change is made....

The change wasn't made until yesterday and wasn't something that had been planned.....it was to satisfy the masses that were looking for help with there carb issues (their request, not DRRs)

Stock 50cc with OKO carb will run fairly well.... 90MJ and 38 Pilot with air screw out 1/2-3/4 turn. (in Florida...stock OKO)

The Keihin carb improvement can be seen the most easily on the DRX70.....It just pulls a lot stronger.....

The OKO is not terrible on the 50, but the Keihin allows us to not have to tune between every ride..

I guess you can't make everyone happy all of the time??

dirttrack86
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Talk about having a moody rider. Try having a daughter for a racer. Talk about moods. LOL:) :) :p :)

jetski_dawg
06-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by dirttrack86
Talk about having a moody rider. Try having a daughter for a racer. Talk about moods. LOL:) :) :p :) amen

wrhracing
06-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey Gary...... Your Tired , take a break, enjoy the weekend, we all appreciate your help. Including myself.
Let the tracks sort it out now.
Take it from someone whos been pulling double duty for 7 years . Take a little time for yourself and find a way to relax, even if it's only a couple of hours, Or maybe just a swim in that ocean.:D

Have a happy 4TH of July, 2007
Billy " I had BBQ Ribs Today" Holt
and I'm takin Riley fishing tommorrow!