PDA

View Full Version : Is a ground a ground?

mrusk
10-21-2002, 06:53 PM
I am still trying to get my pos running. For the cr ignition you need to fab a braket to mount the coil to that. I did that and also mounted my ground to the braket. The braket mounts to the frame. I did not scrape the powdercoating off the frame there. I did a contiueous test and it showed i had a ground. But is it possible i have to weak of a ground because i still do not have a spark.

matt

Pappy
10-21-2002, 06:56 PM
yes....you must have a bare metal ground ...especially for a cdi or any ignition set up. even if it will show a ground....it could cause intermitten problems down the road.

10-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Yea kenny's right I had the same prob. Mine wouldnt start cuz i took everything off the ground and never put it back on and I lookedd and put it on and it started right up.

mrusk
10-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Even though the ground touches the metal braket which touches the bolt that goes into the frame?

matt

10-21-2002, 07:20 PM
I guess so.. maybe it's becuase they are all touching each other so they all have ground out connection together??? I dunno just do it. lol

Zuki
10-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
Even though the ground touches the metal braket which touches the bolt that goes into the frame?

matt

The more metal to metal contact, the more "true" the ground. This is why its called earth ground. Grind that paint off bro.

Woodsrider
10-21-2002, 07:26 PM
You can have continuity to ground, but the resistance is so high that the ground is almost non exsistant. The lower the resistance the better the ground. ;)

mrusk
10-21-2002, 08:02 PM
PC is coming off.

matt

Pappy
10-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
You can have continuity to ground, but the resistance is so high that the ground is almost non exsistant. The lower the resistance the better the ground. ;)

haha..you beat me too it soggy!!!:D

go easy on the powder mursk...no need for a bare spot the size of teh one on the back of rico's head:eek: :D

Guy400
10-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127

haha..you beat me too it soggy!!!:D

go easy on the powder mursk...no need for a bare spot the size of teh one on the back of rico's head:eek: :D Oh no, you didn't just go there!!

Pappy
10-21-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Oh no, you didn't just go there!!

haha.....oh yeah .....i went there...and beyond!!!! i cant talk tho:(
im seein alil more scalp every month i think:mad: