PDA

View Full Version : jetting how to

Jake250ex
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I was wondering if you guys think itd be useful to do a step by step write up of how to re jet with pictures. let me know what ya think. i just finished mine up but ill take it back apart if you guys think itd be helpful

gpd005
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I think this would be a great idea! A lot of new commers to our sport think that rejetting is a major modification. When actually it can be done in a short time with very few tools! I say go for it!

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I've thought of doing this myself, but it seems every time I have the carb off to do rejetting Im short on time and need to get testing for a race the next day or something... yeah definitely do it, make sure to do everything! Main obviously but dont forget to add in how to adjust needle, change pilot, and adjust fuel/air screw depending on 2 or 4 stroke. Also keep in mind there are a few different carbs out there, and maybe explain some of the symptoms of how the motor acts and what might be the cause of the jetting problem. It would also be cool to show plug readings and such as well. Just some suggestions if you do decide to go through with it.