PDA

View Full Version : Im Gettin A Predator.. I Think

nyle13
10-21-2002, 06:05 PM
WOW.. This is sudden. I have 2 300ex's. Both are 1997's. One is completely stock. The other one had a full Aftermarket MegaMaxx III exhaust, a k&n air filter, full skids, works shocks, and a jet kit. I bought both with my own money and i ride with all 400 ex's. I decided i wanted to sell both of them and maybe get a 400 or something better. I talked to my mom today and she said that if i sell both my quads, make honor rol all 4 semesters and keep my room clean:rolleyes: that she would give me 1,00 toward a new polaris predator!! Thats awesome.

How much do u think i could sell each of my quads for?

Do u think id be able to find a used polaris predator at the end of this year? If so, how much do you think it'll be?

Should i get the predator or something else? I dont want a 250r cause the maintanience:confused:

flyin#5
10-21-2002, 06:08 PM
the preditor looks good but my friend rode one and he said it feels like there should be a 6th or 7th gear and he rides a z400. thats what ive heard but otherwise if you race or ride trails it should be good for you

Striker49
10-21-2002, 06:11 PM
$100 or $1000? Anyways, check your area....local papers, trader papers, etc...to see how much 300s are goin for then go from there.

You are not gonna find a used Predator...the pre-productions are the only ones out right now if Im not mistaken and they are few in number...well, Dayrl Rath Ive heard has a few. :p

The Predator doesnt look like a bad bike and seems to have held up in the field (pre-production testing) and they have taken the bike all across the country. I would highly recommend getting more info on the bike, etc etc...before purchasing it that way you know more or less what exactly you are getting and if it is the right bike for you.

Just some info for ya. :cool:

Castor-426ex
10-21-2002, 06:13 PM
be careful me and striker have seen Polaris at its finest!! lol

luvmyex
10-21-2002, 06:43 PM
It looks good on paper and the write ups,but...so did the scrambler500.It will have to really prove itself in reliabilty before i would even think about getting one.There's no way i would buy one in the first two years.But i want to ride one pretty badly to see what this no bumpsteer is all about.Should be pretty fast too.I will say i never had any trouble from the motor on my scrammy.

10-21-2002, 07:04 PM
PREDATOR
- Axles Suck
- Overfull Anti freeze tank shows (rock comes, wamm then crack)
- Airbox Doesn't stay in place sometimes fall out
- Something like plastic Air box hose to carburetor
- Plastic aint the greatest
- I dunno if this is true but the hub suck?
- Shocks are gas buyt still are good
- A Arms are pretty strong
- Tires are nice
- Motor's arent bad but arent toor eliable (according to a test rider for gncc)
- And some mroe flaw's dont get another for anytoher eyar or 2 until they come out with a better and foxed predator this one sucks. Alot of flaws. Get a z400 or a 400ex you can afford it. Or get a used z400 or 400ex on here. CHEAP

Butters
10-21-2002, 07:06 PM
sell both of the 300exs and save alittle more and get you a cannondale cannibal. those things are awesome.

10-21-2002, 07:22 PM
He'd e saving for a while.. 6500 bucks dude. he get prolly 2,000 - 2,500 for each 300ex.. thats 1500

FoxRacing400EX
10-21-2002, 07:28 PM
I say get what YOU want bro. Not what everyone else would rather have. Nothing is perfect for everyone. Some people like the new z-400, and other don't think it's so special...Some think the banshee is the best quad ever made and others prefer the 300ex. You should evaluate what your needs are first, such as where you'll be riding, your riding style, even if you can transport the machine ( my 400 just barely fits in the bed of my truck, gotta coax it in there with a whip and a gun). For example why spend 12 grand on a Cannondale Moto if you like to just lug around on the trails. The Preadator dosen't look too bad, and if that's what you want go for it... :macho

10-21-2002, 07:38 PM
Yea so itty quad even though he likes it by dumping tons of money into it every week so he can have fun on it which it isnt fun cuz it breaks???????:huh

TravEX
10-21-2002, 08:29 PM
go for it man,,,:macho