PDA

View Full Version : confused clutch

ncsmash
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Ok my clutch worked perfect until i installed a new perch and lever today i pulled in the lever and shifted to first and i released the clutch but it started engaging before halfway. there is no slack in the line and the adjuster by the lever is as far out as it can go. Took it fo a ride and if i got on it the clutch would slip so do i need to adjust by the arm now and if i do what way do i adjust to the front or back. and yes its got new bel ray thumper oil and my clutch worked perfect before the new perch and lever thats why i am so confused

quad97
06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
there should be another adjustment somewhere in the cable itself.

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Well try putting the adjuster farther in

There needs to be slack on the line, your clutch is probably partially engaged while you have the lever all the way in, you might have fried it already.

Did you soak the new fibers in oil for a while before putting them in, they might be slipping if you did that too.

blasterandy
06-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Down by the head pipe there is an adjustment for the cable the screw on the right needs to be tightened so turn in clockwise and this will give you more slack in you clutch cable. If you need better instruction on how to do this i can prolly get a picture.

ncsmash
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
i figured out the adjustment thing and adjusted to where there was about 1/8 - 1/4 inch slack and it still slipped pretty bad so i just went down and picked up some plates and fibers and started rebuild today hope this solves my problem