PDA

View Full Version : no power to predator

Stevie-D
06-27-2007, 06:27 PM
i had my predator out last night for about a half hour. i shut it down for a few minutes, then went to start it up again. so i threw the key to the on position, and my lights came on for a split second then i lost all power.
i started tracing wires where i can see them and im in the process of taking off the fenders to check the rest of the wiring. i arced the starter solenoid, and my motor will turn over, but i have no power. im not that familiar with the ignition systems on them, but i see several small black boxes and such. can anyone point me in the right direction as to what could be the problem????

browng31
06-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I had a relay go bad, inside one of those little black bags in the wiring harness, but mine shut off when it got hot and ran the fan... There are 2 of them that I saw, one under the side cover on the left side by your leg, and one up by the stem on the frame, migh not be them, but something to look at...

Stevie-D
06-28-2007, 11:45 AM
i checked them both. im getting power out of both ends of each. i'm going to order a new on/off switch and an ignition switch. if that doesnt help, it's going to the shop. i can't stand electrical work:mad:

i've also got power to the cdi box on the red wire. no power to the coil though, so i'm assuming its something cutting out in the ignition

OutlawBill
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Check all brown and black wires if the touch any were the quad will not start. (Fan, tail light, clutch safety)