PDA

View Full Version : Name my company $$?

nakomis0
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm starting an electric company and I need a name. The name I was originaly going to use is taken.

If someone comes up with a good name I will Paypal (or mail) them $25.

The company is an electrical company serving Michigan. Its mainly residential homes, specializing in custom homes and multi-family dwellings. We do all electrical work , commerical, industrial etc.

I would like a name that does not limit what work I do. I would love more commerical work.... so I don't want a name like 'Custom home electric' for example...

So if you have any ideas let them rip!

.... one small techinicality... it has to be a name availible in MI.
Heres the website to check avalibility in my area.
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/sr_corp.asp

If this works out maybe I will do a logo contest?, who knows. If theres a problem with this post in any way with EXriders moderators, I'm sorry and will delete.

Thanks guys.

Pappy
06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
not sure if i can offer anything, except good luck stepping out on your own!!!

nakomis0
06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks Pappy I appreciate the support.

I havent been on Exriders a whole lot, but I was struggling and I know we have alot of smart guys on here.

... heck If things go right I might be able to replace the old 440ex one day. :)

Pappy
06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
im sure youll do well. a buddy of mine went to school for this type of work, worked for 2 years under a master electrician, and then said one day he wanted to start his own business. he looked all over the country and settled in NC in a beach front area and never looked back. he sends me pics and invites to come visit. boy is doing very well for himself!!!

check your local phone book and try to be way different so it will catch peoples eye as well.

mx428
06-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Something cool like Flow Connections would be sick. Like the flow of electricity and whatnot.

<DRS>GPF
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
how does "MI Cu-stom Wiring" or "MI-Wire" sound?

and you could send the $25 to a good cause (http://www.atvriders.com/donations/index.html):D

ATV Chic
06-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Amp Pro's.... I dunno just throwin out the first thing that came to mind lol Good luck to you! :macho

skatrdude20
06-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Top Dog Electrical Services

"No more Hectic Electric" hehe.

Idk it was just a thought

Ghost-Rider
06-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Amp Pro's.... I dunno just throwin out the first thing that came to mind lol Good luck to you! :macho

Pro Amp's?

gncc025
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL :confused:

oops already taken

GPracer2500
06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
What was the name you wanted but couldn't use? That might help us with the type of name you prefer.

I like simple, timeless names like: ASR Electrical Services. I just picked three letters randomly--you could use initials or whichever letters you like. In my view, it's easy to get too "cute" when picking a business name. Especially for an electrical company I'd think you'd want something kind of traditional. If you're selling candles or teddybears then you'd want to get creative. Heck, one of the largest, longest lasting, most respected electrical/technology companies ever is name General Electric for goodness sake.

$0.02

quad2xtreme
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
What was the name you wanted but couldn't use? That might help us with the type of name you prefer.

I like simple, timeless names like: ASR Electrical Services. I just picked three letters randomly--you could use initials or whichever letters you like. In my view, it's easy to get too "cute" when picking a business name. Especially for an electrical company I'd think you'd want something kind of traditional. If you're selling candles or teddybears then you'd want to get creative. Heck, one of the largest, longest lasting, most respected electrical/technology companies ever is name General Electric for goodness sake.

$0.02

This was going to be mine too so I agree with this guy...anything Electrical Services.

gncc025
06-27-2007, 04:58 PM
EXCEPTIONAL ELECTRICAL

nakomis0
06-27-2007, 05:11 PM
I think I prefer simple names. You guys have listed some good ones.

Heres a few I had thought up myself

LiveWire (taken).. this was the one I really wanted.
EastSide (taken)
Fusion (taken)
Flash (taken)

Iwire (not taken and I do kinda like this one but can't put my finger on why.)

So we have a closing date, I'm gonna pick the one I like best from you guys this Sunday night. Thanks again

Quad18star
06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Northern Electrical Contracting

Surge Electrical

Gauge Electrical Services ( or contracting)

JOEX
06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Zapps:p

07250ex
06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Zapps:p
=p

Zappy's Electrical services-partial credit to joex

ZeroLogic
06-27-2007, 07:02 PM
(Your last name) Electrical.

Rootar
06-27-2007, 07:26 PM
my dad has owned his own electrical contracing business mostly commercial some resdiential lots of sports lighting, and plain and simple works just use your last name and then Electric or Electrical

my pop's is Pilgreen Electrical based in gurdon, Arkansas

ZeroLogic
06-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
my dad has owned his own electrical contracing business mostly commercial some resdiential lots of sports lighting, and plain and simple works just use your last name and then Electric or Electrical

my pop's is Pilgreen Electrical based in gurdon, Arkansas

No stealing ideas!:p

chuck50
06-27-2007, 08:08 PM
"CURRENT" ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.

troyleepred719
06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Voltz-n-Stuff

440bigborekit
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
light it up electrical comany. lmao idk good luck finding a name bro

or " the electric guy or man lol"

TRUE
06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Electric Force

watts16
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Shocking Electrical Services

tar
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Lots O Volts

DF400ex
06-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Electritech or Electri-tech

derekhonda
06-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't use "Iwire", gives me the impression its online stuff; Like the I-pod, I-mac, Etc.

I think putting an animal along with electric would make it memorable. "Rhino Electric", something along those lines,
Plus it would give you a headstart on the logo.

Other ideas.

"lights on! electric"
"powers back, electric"
"let there be light! electric"
I think a quick slogan associated with electric would also be funny and easily remembered.

"electric electric" <- hey it worked for the "pizza pizza company"

"on time electric" <- unless you aren't planning on it. Flipping through a phone book thats the one i would call...

Anyways good luck man, keep us updated on how the company is doing, love following start ups. (entrepreneurship major)

trx450rbaja
06-27-2007, 10:22 PM
One Volt :)

SGA
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Keep it simple and short if you want people to remember your name.
Some names out of the phone book of some well known electric contractors from around here.

Island Electric Co (We live in a coastal area, so we have lots of businesses that start with "Island")

Malone Electric

Certified Electric Inc ( this one is huge, started with a man and his wife out of the garage, now they have 60 employees and do alot of commercial, residential and also Goverment contract work at the surrounding military bases and post offices, fed buildings, etc.)

South Georgia Electrical Inc

Leggett Electric Service

I have had my own successful service business (Osborne Appliance Service) for 13 years. The phone rings off the hook everyday and im usually booked up about 3 days out.

Heres some tips for starting a service business.
Do good work at a reasonable (not cheap) price. You have to charge enough to pay your business bills, keep your trucks in good working order, stocked with fast moving parts and supplies ( 2nd or 3rd return trips kill profits) and also pay your salary or you wont be in business long. (When money is tight, it puts a huge strain on you)

Always keep your word and be straight up with up with cutomers. If you say you will call them back the next morning with a estimate, then do it. If you say you will be at thier house at 2 oclock, be there or call and let them know you are running behind.(You get the idea)

Clean up after yourself.

Do these things and your phone will ring off the hook.

Good luck!

NPelletier
06-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Metric Electric

firefighterjosh
06-27-2007, 11:27 PM
ME = Michigan Electric

" We put the spark back in your life!"

TRUE
06-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm guessing your name is Tice so...

TriTice Electric (Try Tice)

chris46250r
06-28-2007, 05:40 AM
ABC Electric. Plain and simple and will be the first one they see in the phone book.

bwamos
06-28-2007, 07:38 AM
I like simple.

Waterford Electric

54warrior
06-28-2007, 08:04 AM
I'd go with a name completely unrelated to you, unless your name is JIM??

Jim's Electric, when someone ask's how you arrived at that name, just tell them that all the good names were taken, so you chose a name at random and used it

BTW, John, Joe, Dan, Mike, etc.. are taken

Also, if you need a logo, I'm getting pretty good with photoshop, so a logo contest sounds great to me whenever you pick a name. I can provide the correct filetypes that a sign shop can use too.

06-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Express Electric...

coolex
06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
south michigan electric
or
north michigan electric
or
east michigan electric
or
west michigan electric
or
central michigan electric

dependin on were u live

u could even add contractors at the end like

south michigan electrical contractor

416exfreak
06-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Lightnin' Quick Electrical Service?

Idk...sounds snazzy...and sort of like a Pun...:p

blasterandy
06-28-2007, 12:02 PM
nakomis electrics inc.
nakomis wiring
:) if nakomis is your last name use it. That sounds pretty cool.
if not use it anyways. :D

derekhonda
06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Name it "hot lady in a bikini electric services." Youll have lots of one timers, but not a lot of repeat customers.

54warrior
06-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Name it "hot lady in a bikini electric services." Youll have lots of one timers, but not a lot of repeat customers.

That made me laugh. Thanks!

ORA
06-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Technical Electrical

Home Tech Electrical

ORA
06-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Technical Electrical

Home Tech Electrical

ORA
06-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Technical Electrical

Home Tech Electrical

Quad18star
06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
What about Power's Out Electrical?? :p

Or Blackout Electrical Contractors.

ECATV Raptor
06-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Nako Electric,
Nako Electrical Services, NES
NakoWire

NPelletier
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Dependable, Expendable, Flexable Electric Servicers

Officer Electric

Bad Connections Electritions

Kenetic Electric

Underwear Wiring

Gold Electric

Go Getters ELectric

Rent an Electrician

FedElectric

Wire Cutters

Kenetic Connections

We Wire for Cheap

"Now Wiring"

NoMo Bad Connections

JJs450r
06-28-2007, 10:48 PM
i was gonna go to school to be an electrician, but i started working with my parents plumbing company, this would probably be the smart way to go

A+ Electrical service, one being if your not a big name you want our name to be first in the yellow page, 2 it kinda sounds good
it was gonna be mine when i started up

but good luck with everything

JJs450r
06-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
ABC Electric. Plain and simple and will be the first one they see in the phone book.

haha just went through and read that after i posted

06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Awesome electrical

gncc025
06-29-2007, 12:00 AM
POWER HOUSE ELECTRIC or wiring

2 wire electric

nakomis0
06-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Awesome awesome suggestions. Thanks guys.

'Underwear Wiring Company'
... the slogan could be....
"We Can Fix Your Shorts"

lol..... funny.... but no.:D

Its gonna be a tough decision. Seriously great suggestions from all.

nakomis0
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
We have made the cuts. Top of this list, in no particular order....

ElectricForce
Pro Amp
Iwire
Rhino

Still time to make suggestions. This will go till Sunday. If I can't make a decision I might have to make a poll with the top 5 picks, run that till tuesday then have a winner.

07250ex
06-29-2007, 04:04 PM
i still like zappys =p

TRUE
06-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0
We have made the cuts. Top of this list, in no particular order....

ElectricForce
Pro Amp
Iwire
Rhino

Still time to make suggestions. This will go till Sunday. If I can't make a decision I might have to make a poll with the top 5 picks, run that till tuesday then have a winner.
Yeah I made it :macho
Whats your first name?

TRUE
06-29-2007, 05:33 PM
A few more:

Electric Amp
Electrical Amp
South Electric
North Electric
East electric
West Electric
Electric Rite
Elektric

chuck50
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT IS GET ONE THAT STARTS WITH (A) BECAUSE WHEN PEOPLE LOOK IN YELLOW PAGES SOMETIMES THEY CALL THE FIRST ONES THEY COME TO. A FIVE STAR ELECTRIC COMPANY

06-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Copper Runners
High Output Electricity (HOE) haha
Lit Up Electric

TRUE
06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by chuck50
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT IS GET ONE THAT STARTS WITH (A) BECAUSE WHEN PEOPLE LOOK IN YELLOW PAGES SOMETIMES THEY CALL THE FIRST ONES THEY COME TO. A FIVE STAR ELECTRIC COMPANY
Actually when your looking for an electrician in a phone book your most likely going to look at the E's...
Electrician
Electric etc...

wolfie
06-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
Actually when your looking for an electrician in a phone book your most likely going to look at the E's...
Electrician
Electric etc...

Gotta disagree with the E's. In our yellow pages, you go to the "electric" section, and then it starts in alphabetical order. Unless that is you pay to have a big ad and get bumped up. That imo is a very good idea. What ever name you decide, get up front in the phone book. Alot of people will dial the first name they come to.

TRUE
06-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Ace Electric
Ace Electrical
AAA Electric (Triple A Electric)
AAA Electrical (Triple A Electrical)

NPelletier
06-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Wired Electric

FREE ELECTRICAL SERVICES
Prices May Vary

chris46250r
06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
AC/DC Electrical "If you have become Thunderstruck call us. We do Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap because Money Talks".

300exPat
06-29-2007, 11:35 PM
In Power Electrical

The Current Circuit

idk just two of my ideas

nakomis0
07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Ok I picked a winner. It was hard.

The last few days it was all Pro Amp.... but after thinking about it. It sounds too much like bad car audio. I also think it will just blend in with all the names out there.

Rhino has nothing to do with electric, which is bad. But I do not see any other electric companies with an animal name. I also think it leads to alot of possiblilties for logos. With that going for it I think it will be a much more memorable name.

The Winner is ... Rhino Electrical Contractors
(Rhino Electric):devil:

Congratulations to derekhonda. He gets $25 and my thanks.
(sending PM)

Everyone else that made suggestions, thanks alot. We had alot of good ideas.

Stay tuned! In a few weeks (maybe less) I will be having a logo contest. I hope to see everyone that helped here, help on that one too.