PDA

View Full Version : esr 350 p/v porting

redrooster310r
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
ive seen posts of not so happy owners of an esr ported cylinder. whats the story ? too generic of a job? my bros 310 rips!!! what about reliability? is it worth it to have some one clean his work up or does that make it a time bomb?

wilkin250r
06-28-2007, 01:11 AM
ESR had an excellent reputation for a long time, but things haven't been so good recently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ALL of their products are junk. It's just a gamble.

Like most businesses, ESR wanted to grow, expand. But Eddie Sanders can't do all the work himself, so they hire extra help. Unfortunately, it seems like some of their help wasn't the best, and their quality control wasn't the best.

While ESR still sent out great products, they had a few bad eggs slip out. Mis-matched ports, bores that weren't center or straight, stuff like that. Unfortunately, the old saying kinda sticks, a few bad apples ruin the bunch.

ESR did great work for a long time. However, when they started growing, I think they just grew a little too big, a little too fast.

If your bro has an ESR310 that rips, congrats. You probably got one of the good ones, I wouldn't change a thing.

deathman53
06-28-2007, 07:58 AM
I had a esr 330, I then put the ported cyinder back on, and bought a lrd 310pv. The 310pv kills the 330 in everyway possible. Yes, my 330 didn't have good porting at all, the two sides weren't even the same!!!!!

sandspanker
06-28-2007, 12:46 PM
My wifes 330 rippes. I got it a few years ago though. got the lowend port on it. with a lrd 350B pipe.