PDA

View Full Version : Big KFX problem!!!

08kfxrider
06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I just bought a new KFX 450 about a month ago, ridden it maybe half a dozen times and already the transmission took a dump!!! This thing has not been raced just rode around on local trails. I went to shift to third and it just made a nasty crunch! This is not my first problem with it. Right after I bought it, It just decided to quit running about 5 miles back in the woods. It just cranked and cranked with no good results. Then the fuel tank leaked. I bought this thing thinking that I was going to have good luck with it but it has really disapointed me so far. About the best part of it is that it looks really good cleaned up sitting in my garage. Now I find out most of the parts I need are on backorder. I do know one thing, once this bike is back from the dealership it is GONE. Sorry to ramble just a little frustrated! It has been at the dealership way more than I have ridden it!:grr:

QuadRder
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Sorry for the luck man. It's just one of the risk you take when you buy a first year model. It takes time to work out the bugs. Personally i see problems as a way to improve the quad even more.

06-27-2007, 05:00 PM
do you take good care of yours? like regular oil changes clean the air filter after every ride, wash it real good ect.? because i dont know whats up with everybodys but we havnt had a single problem out of mine. :huh :confused:

QuadRder
06-27-2007, 05:13 PM
I was and wax mine every weekend, along with regular checkups. The only problem i'm having with mine is getting it started, which i'm hoping will better itself after some more riding time with it.

feature05
06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow, that really sucks dude. This is crazy because I got like over a hundred hours on mine now and I haven't had one problem. The only problem I've had was when I jumped a 40 foot double, my foot slipped off the peg, then I came off the quad and it kept on going into a bush and flipped over, resulting in a broken steering stem. Easy fix. Other than that; I haven't had any problems mechanical wise except for the recal Kawi is doing right now.

T2RACING
06-27-2007, 05:50 PM
That sucks.. I hope that is just an isolated problem....

08kfxrider
06-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Well......Just got back from the dealership. No parts for atleast 3 weeks. :ermm: Lets hope this doesnt happen to any of your atvs!

bossman525
07-01-2007, 11:05 AM
that sucks to hear. it's a first year model so there will be problems just like my outlaw 525 but i think when there are problems i think there isolated. dont get frustrated, they will get the problem fixed. BTW.... i'm only posting on your guys site because my friend bought a new kawi 450 and that thing rocks. we are dead even in the sand when we race. but the seat is rock hard. other than that, its a real fun machine, real flickable in the sand

woodse
07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
that really sucks to hear that you are having problems. I have had nothing but good things to say about mine. I had mine in the shop for the break-in service & they changed the fuel tank for me. But no problems, nock on wood

z400quad
07-19-2007, 01:08 PM
if it stops turn it off for a few seconds then back on and start it up.

mod440ex
07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
i have read that if you adjust the idle screw that helps alot

coryatver
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
you must not be the only one I see a lot of them on ebay with low hours people are dumping them

Originally posted by 08kfxrider
I just bought a new KFX 450 about a month ago, ridden it maybe half a dozen times and already the transmission took a dump!!! This thing has not been raced just rode around on local trails. I went to shift to third and it just made a nasty crunch! This is not my first problem with it. Right after I bought it, It just decided to quit running about 5 miles back in the woods. It just cranked and cranked with no good results. Then the fuel tank leaked. I bought this thing thinking that I was going to have good luck with it but it has really disapointed me so far. About the best part of it is that it looks really good cleaned up sitting in my garage. Now I find out most of the parts I need are on backorder. I do know one thing, once this bike is back from the dealership it is GONE. Sorry to ramble just a little frustrated! It has been at the dealership way more than I have ridden it!:grr:

mod440ex
07-20-2007, 04:12 AM
i would think you would hear more about it than what you do if they had crappy trannies. thats a pretty big problem, so i dont think it would be swept under the rug

RaptorLover
07-20-2007, 11:47 AM
A kfx fully race quad , at the first enduro with one here in SA , when starded it just died and didn't want to start ..... That is just bad for the KFX to start that way hê ?

kfxrules
07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
i have had great luck with mine so far i have ran bel ray oil through mine and serviced every 5 tanks of gas and other than the fuel tank and battery bein a piece... but another thing on the battery if you will cycle your key twice instead of just turnin it off it should fix the battery drainin problem