PDA

View Full Version : wiring diagram help

kiesta00
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
hey guys, i'm tryin to re-wire my bike from the crap that used to be on it before...check it out
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/kiesta00/CDI%20pics/102_2106.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/kiesta00/CDI%20pics/102_2107.jpg

Now all I have are the 4 wires coming out of the stator. Is this the correct wiring for the stock harness if i cut out the lights alltogether?
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/kiesta00/resize.jpg

methyman
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
You need a stock harness. Make it easier on you to get a stock harness off ebay.

wilkin250r
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
You don't NEED a stock harness, it just makes things easier.

Yes, that wiring diagram will work. If I were you, I would at least try to find a working 250r to get a general idea of routing and connections.

The wires you cut off are very odd. I wonder what that white canister is, I certainly don't have anything like that on my wiring harness.

kiesta00
06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
It seems to be an old roost boost cdi or lrd cdi. Not sure but i'm taking it off and rewiring everything so that I know its right. I have a dyna fs cdi now, all I need are the damn harness plugs for the cdi lol.

So wilkins I just short out the ac regulator and then ground the white wire from the stator?

Saint18z
06-27-2007, 07:23 PM
i have a dynatek cdi and my bike wont run without the ac regulator...so just make sure if you are using an after market cdi that it doesnt require the ac regulator

mineralgrey01gt
06-27-2007, 07:27 PM
whew man lol, that makes me happy i picked up a stock harness for mine lol

kiesta00
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Is yours the non programmable version?

wilkin250r
06-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by kiesta00
It seems to be an old roost boost cdi or lrd cdi. Not sure but i'm taking it off and rewiring everything so that I know its right. I have a dyna fs cdi now, all I need are the damn harness plugs for the cdi lol.

So wilkins I just short out the ac regulator and then ground the white wire from the stator?

Do NOT ground the white wire from the stator. This is the stator's power wire, grounding it will create a direct path to ground with no resistance. Bad bad bad, it will overheat your stator. Commonly known as a short circuit.

Instead, get a little electrical tape and heat-shrink tubing and cap it off, and tie it somewhere out of the way. Without the lights, that white wire won't be connected to anything at all, but you don't want to leave it exposed.

If the white wire isn't connected, you can actually remove the AC regulator completely. It doesn't affect the ignition, only the lights, and you're getting rid of those.

Saint18z
06-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Is yours the non programmable version?

non programable

look here it is in BOLD

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/instruct/DFS1-11P.pdf

deathman53
06-28-2007, 02:18 PM
thats a lrd cdi, I had one of those. I didn't bother to try to figure it out, why don't you call up lrd?? its one of their products.

kiesta00
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Saint18z
non programable

look here it is in BOLD

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/instruct/DFS1-11P.pdf

If you look closely at your link, thats for the DFS1-11P ...and the P at the end stands for programmable. Has anyone else ran the non programmable cdi without an ac regulator?

Originally posted by deathman53
thats a lrd cdi, I had one of those. I didn't bother to try to figure it out, why don't you call up lrd?? its one of their products.

I'm taking that CDI off and installing a dyna fs cdi now.

Originally posted by wilkin250r
Do NOT ground the white wire from the stator. This is the stator's power wire, grounding it will create a direct path to ground with no resistance. Bad bad bad, it will overheat your stator. Commonly known as a short circuit.

Ok I just thought I had to complete the circuit in order for the stator to work properly, but the lighting coil and ignition coil are two different circuits going to ground, didn't catch that :eek2:

kiesta00
06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what color wires from the above diagram connect to pins 1 through 6 on my cdi diagram below? thanks for the help!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/kiesta00/CDI%20pics/CDI.jpg

:D alcohol's right around the corner!!

Saint18z
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
If you look closely at your link, thats for the DFS1-11P ...and the P at the end stands for programmable. Has anyone else ran the non programmable cdi without an ac regulator?

like I said I run the nonprogrammable and it came with those same instructions....furthermore while i was riding the other day the yellow/white wire that goes from the stator to the ac regulator broke on me and my quad stopped dead in its tracks....i went crazy trying to figure out why it just died and wouldnt start....lucky for me the electrical system was one of the first things i always check and being in the middle of the woods i was able to strip the wires back with my keys and twist them together....this got me home

anyway you can always send dynatek an email if you are still unsure they are always fast to respond

methyman
06-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Can anyone tell me what color wires from the above diagram connect to pins 1 through 6 on my cdi diagram below? thanks for the help!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/kiesta00/CDI%20pics/CDI.jpg

:D alcohol's right around the corner!!

Going by stock harness and cdi
1 Blue wire yellow stripe (stator main)
2 Black with yellow stripe(coil)
3 Green with white stripe (stator main)
4 Green (ground) & (coil)
5 Black with white stripe (engine kill when grounded)
6 Black with red(stator)

kiesta00
06-28-2007, 09:41 PM
thanks methy man!! I'm hoping I can find just the cdi plugs but I doubt that, i'll have to buy the whole harness.

kiesta00
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
well today I got ansy and decided to hook up some wires myself, followed methyman's wires to the T. I got my carburetor converted to alcohol so I decided to take it for a test run today.

when I fired it up, it revved to about 5k rpm and stayed there, pressed the kill switch and even pulled all the cdi wires out, and it still revved that high until about 10 seconds later. I didn't think to put it in gear and stall the engine.

Anything I should check for before hooking up the real harness and giving it another try?? Cant really see how it would get that hot and lean out that quick.

wilkin250r
07-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Cant really see how it would get that hot and lean out that quick.

There's no other options.

If you pulled the CDI wires, and the motor was still running, it MUST have been lean and hot. There's no other way it could have stayed running without the CDI hooked up.

86 Quad R
07-12-2007, 06:45 AM
wilkin is right.

you gettin in too big a hurry. slow down lil grass hoppa lol

btw who set ya carb up for alkee?

kiesta00
07-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Damion at black label racing (aka quick16). He and Luke Benoit have a shop together not far from my house.

86 Quad R
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
i may have met them at the rayville track b4 cant remember tho but, anyways. what jetting did ya start out with on alkee?

kiesta00
07-12-2007, 06:35 PM
well I found out my pilot jet was clogged (50 pilot). I went ahead and put a 60 in there and it idles ok now, just leaves some oil on the plug. I think the main is drilled out to .120 and I have a .100 in the power jet right now. Still haven't touched the needle/pj for top end tuning yet, i'm waiting on the wiring harness before I start the real madness!