PDA

View Full Version : shock upgrade 1st timer

drr wizard
06-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I have never run the aftermarket shocks before , I just could not justify the money , but my dealer convinced me to try a set of Elka's, he had them custom built for my DRX and my driver, and
WOW , now I am a believer! my driver says well worth the money, of course it didn't come out of his pocket. He has increased his speed over the whoops , and in the turns , takes alot less punishment when he lands a big jump . Well I guess i'm man enough to admit I was wrong , I guess they are worth the money ( which for you guys that have not priced em they aint cheap) thought this might help someone else justify the cost.
drr wizard

riding4fun
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Wizard,

Could you tell me how old the rider is? How long has he been racing? I don't know how the old DRR stock shocks were but I was told the new stock shocks (which I have) are much better.

Well, Zachary hit a jump overshot the landing and landed on flat land. The shocks were not that forgiving. The only thing is if I do change shocks it moves him into a different class.

Decisions, decisions.

drr wizard
07-02-2007, 06:50 AM
my rider is 6 years old and 60 lbs, I agree the stock shocks are the best factory shocks I've seen , but I did not know how much they could be improved upon .
drr wizard