PDA

View Full Version : GT thunder anyone????

sinzbrosracing4
06-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Has anyone sent there shocks out to gt thunder to get them redone?

I might send my stock rear shock to them. They put a new spring on, revalve, put new linkage on, and adjust for my rider weight all fo $345.00. Is it worth it?

TRX450RACER174
06-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes it is, I have there stuff and it works good. I am getting them redone by DERISI racing right now will let you know how that works out.

nicker71
06-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I dont know about the 450R but I have his rear shock and link on my yfz and its great. Feels as good as if not better than most aftermarket shocks out there.

Flynbryan19
06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Had GT Thunder do my rear shock and it works great! When winter comes I'm going to have him redo my front elka's. ;) Have also ridden a 450R with his rebuilds all around and it worked great also.

happyboy
06-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Laz was all nice on the phone and all and the final work on the shocks was good. But he didn't put them at the correct length the first time then charged me again to fix the mistake. I won't send my stuff back to him again.

speedracer450r
06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
HAD MY FRONTS REDONE AND I LOVE THEM WHEN I GET SOME CASH TOGETHER I'LL HAVE THEM DO MY REAR AND THE LINK. TURN AROUND TIME WAS EXCELLENT ALSO

Flynbryan19
06-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by happyboy
Laz was all nice on the phone and all and the final work on the shocks was good. But he didn't put them at the correct length the first time then charged me again to fix the mistake. I won't send my stuff back to him again.

Really? Did you explain to him that you felt it was his error? One of the specifics that he asks of you is your extended and compressed lengths when he sets your shocks up for you. I'm surprised by that. Sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

TRX450RACER174
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Well thats kinda the same boat i was in they didn't set them up right i called them and wanted to charge me again, i'm not paying someone twice to do the work that should of been done right the first time so now they are at Santo's.

Sjorge450R
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Derisi has mine as we speak. I should have them back sometime next week. As soon as i get them, i will let you guys know how they are.

450R22
06-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I am running complete revalve and spring plus mx link.
the set-up is perfect. Be sure to be very specific with info that Laz needs, and you will be happy

happyboy
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, what do you think??

I did the original measurements and sent them to him..19 3/4" was the length i sent him. When I got them back they measured 19" so I called him up and said they were really soft and too short. He asked me what the measurement was and what it should have been so went and took a quick measurement (i didn't have the sheet with the correct measurement on it with me) and I said just over 19.5" and he said ok, just send them back to me. He gets them back and after fixing them said oh, you originally told me 19 3/4" and now you are saying 19.5" so you changed the measurement so you owe me money. Pay and then I will send the shocks.

So, while the shocks are fine the above is BS and shouldn't be tolerated. But, what could i do, he had my shocks. :grr:

Oh, these were TT shocks before and the length then was 19". So, he just didn't change the length at all on the first go around.

450R22
07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I am not trying to defend him because i do not know both sides of the story, however maybe he was setting them up to what he felt was not exceeding the limits of the shock body.
Just my opinion. Hopefully you will have better luck next time.