PDA

View Full Version : Want to by 350x motor

jay80
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Looking to pick up a 350x motor for hybrid project.

Also interested in a 250x/300ex gas tank. I like the over size plastic ones but if price is right will take stock metal.

YTZ250#1
06-28-2007, 05:21 AM
I have a project 350x motor.2 lower ends.1 85 &1 86.also have a good crank,cylinder that needs cleaned up,good head,& new complete gasket kit.you will need to get a piston and finish the rebuild that I couldn't find time for.$550 oro for all of it.

jay80
06-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Can you get some pics? Are the two lower ends still together? Where abouts in NY are you? I live 30mins south of Buffalo area.

YTZ250#1
06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
in Frewsburg.1 hour south of buff.no pics as of yet. feel free to make offer.85 is all together 86 I started to take apart for rebuild.no time to finish & I sold my frame & stuff.

ltl666devil
07-02-2007, 03:19 PM
how much for a good bottomend looking to get one asap

jay80
08-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Back to the top

YZ400EX
08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I have 1 with a big bore kit and a cam. Have everything needed to make it fit in a 250x also if you are interested in that.. Make me a reasonable offer. Thanks

jay80
08-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Can you give details on which big bore kit and cam? Roughly how many hours are on the build? Was the head changed at all (ported/polished, stock size valves, rocker arms hardened, valve springs)

YZ400EX
08-02-2007, 07:29 AM
To be honest with you I am not sure which size big bore or which cam is in it. I think he said it was a 393 or something like that. I dont have all the details of what all has been done.. I bought it from a member of this site so I will ask him what the details are.. I know it does have a mild port/polish also. I know it is alot more powerful with tons more torque than a stock 350x engine. The engine was built for bottom end power which it has tons of. I got the motor from him just after he had it rebuilt. I broke it in nicely and then probably put another 20 hours on it max. Got a new quad and this one has been sitting. I will try and find out more info from who I bought it from. Let me know what your looking to spend if you are interested.

jay80
08-02-2007, 07:59 AM
See if you can find out what was done to it and what size it is now. Shipping is gonna be killer since were about 2k miles apart. I know what stockers go for on e-bay. I wasn't looking to spend more than 5-600 with shipping.

YZ400EX
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Well I paid $850 about a year ago and like I said it hasnt been used much. I dont think I am going to take the loss and sell it for $600 shipped.. sorry.. I will find out more details for you if you want, but cant go $600 shipped. If really interested and have money I am sure we can work out a good price that both of us can agree on.. Let me know.

jay80
08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Get info on the work that was done with some kind of proof. I wont pay that kind of money just on someone saying it was done that lives 2k miles away.

YZ400EX
08-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Sorry, but I am not going to be able to provide any type of proof the work was done. Again I didnt have the work done. I bought it from a good friend here on the site from PA which told me what was done. I have no reason to doubt him and after feeling the power of the engine I knew he wasnt exaderating on the work that was done. Again I am not able to provide proof and am not about to tear into the motor to measure anything or find out brand names. When I talk to him again I will ask him the specs. If your not interested thats OK.. I can get you the specs from him, but thats going to be the best thing I can do.. sorry.

08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jay80
Get info on the work that was done with some kind of proof. I wont pay that kind of money just on someone saying it was done that lives 2k miles away.

he bought the motor from me....it is a 390 with a web cam in it...i'll have to see if i still have the box to tell you what the duration is...but it was definitely a "low end torque" cam...the guy who built it is the owner hreatv.com...use to be john natalie's mechanic a few years ago when he was sponsored by burgard...so he knows his stuff...he had whole motor apart when he rebuilt it...so crank, head everything was in tip top shape...i only put about 5-10 hours on it when i sold it....but one thing is for sure if nick/yz400ex says it runs in perfect...then thats how it runs...you will not find a more trustworthy person on this site...that's for sure!!

jay80
08-03-2007, 06:45 AM
OK, thanks for the info guys. I didn't mean for you to take it apart. I was just looking for details on the build, maybe a build sheet, some pics of the intake. Anyone can say this or that about a motor so im just trying to cover my butt. YZ400 lets take this to PM's to see if we can work something out.