PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder link question???????

ryanowarrior
06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
just wantin to know if you have to set up or rebuild your rear shock if you get a gt link?? or can you run it without rebuilding it?? just wondering, got a gt link on the way, just didnt want to send off the shock til winter time?? let me know!!

06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
you need to, but i would suggest not running the link without the revalve. i know if it were me, there is no way i would use the link until the shock is set up for it.

ryanowarrior
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
aight thanks for the info?? i just wanted to make sure!! goin to do a motor rebuild and add stuff this winter, but i've already started getting things and that was one thing i got!! and didnt know much about it with the stock shock!! thanks for ya help

Flynbryan19
06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Laz says you can run the link without having the shock reworked, but you won't see as much of an improvement without the extra shock work. I did this for a short time on my Z. If your concerned just email him. He's pretty good about checking emails.

Glocked2
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I have an '07 ER with a new MX link and have been running it with the stock suspension for a week or two now with no problems at all and much improvements! Quad settles better, hooks up better, and still does not bottom. As good of an improvement as this has been, I can't imagine how much better it will be once I get new arms and axle with revalve according to what some people are saying on here.

quad janern
06-30-2007, 02:33 PM
is the gt thunder linkage the best linkage for mx riding ?

and "Glocked2" , are you running with stock rear shock and stock swingarm?, with gt thunder linkage ?

im looking to get the linkage to my 05 too, stock shocks and swingarm but im getting some better shocks afterwards, does the linkage fit all shocks? im mostly thinking on elka shocks cause thats what im probably getting, or would it be better with the elka link ?

Glocked2
07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm running stock swingarm and shocks all the way around. The GT link has been a great improvement over stock. I'm not sure how the elka link stacks up. I'm sure that it is just as good however, it costs about 1/3 more which is a big reason why I went with the GT.
With the link in the rear now "squats" more with rider and is much more plush. I would recommend a link hands-down! What an improvement! On a stock quad, I would have to bet it is the most cost effective improvement on handling you could buy.
I would imagine that the GT link will fit the elka shocks. I wouldn't know why they wouldn't.

Get the link, feel the improvement!