PDA

View Full Version : Lost my mother today...

Titanium
06-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Well i just needed to vent a little. This morning around 11:30 i found my mother dead on my couch. I knew there was something wrong because she hadnt woken me up for work at 8 like she normally does. I woke up at 11:30 because the phone was ringing and her hair dresser was on the phone so i took the phone in to the living room where she was and she was dead. I immediately hung up the phone and started to try and "wake up" my mom. She wouldnt budge. Her eyes were froze wide open. I called 911. AFter i got off the phone with the dispatch i started compressions on my mom. Then as timing has it my dad walks in the front door for lunch break. I ran up the stairs and told him mom was dieing. He said shut up in disbelief. Then he ran down the stairs and we did CPR on her until the ambulance showed up. They tried to get her to wake back up for nearly an hour. Im glad they didnt bring her back because if they would have she would have been a vegitable and i think i would have been harder for me to see her suffer. She had a severe heart attack. I just wanted to say that my mom was the greatest mom in the world. She took care of me and spoiled me. She did more than enough for me. I just cant believe that she's gone. Hard thing to believe is that my grandmother who is 87 out lived my 55 year old mother. If anybody has any suggestions on how to get to sleep it would be great. Im on here venting because i cant get to sleep. I cant stop thinking about all the things she did for me and how good she treated me.

gncc025
06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
i wish i could say something to help ease the pain but it will take more than words. the pain will get better with time but will never truly go away. the only advice that i think will help is turn to god and just prey. thats what i always do when i feel like nothing matters anymore and could care less about the world. think of all the good times you and your mom had and i guarntee you will find a smile on your face.

you and your family will definitely be in my prayers :(

Pappy
06-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by gncc025
i wish i could say something to help ease the pain but it will take more than words. the pain will get better with time but will never truly go away. the only advice that i think will help is turn to god and just prey. thats what i always do when i feel like nothing matters anymore and could care less about the world. think of all the good times you and your mom had and i guarntee you will find a smile on your face.

you and your family will definitely be in my prayers :(

my words exactly.

hang tuff bud, and vent all you like. were here for ya. as far as the sleep thing, dont worry its normal. i lost my dad at 58 a little over 2 years ago and i think i cried myself to sleep the first month or so afterwards.

firefighterjosh
06-27-2007, 03:31 AM
You and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there. Its going to be really tuff but it will get better with time.

mxdad
06-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss. We will keep your family in our prayers. Hang in there!!!

cop292
06-27-2007, 05:11 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mom when I was 14. No way to candy coat it, it sucks. I can tell you this. Over time the sadness will turn to good memories and talking about the great times with those that knew her will help more than anything. Know that she is in a better place and pray for the strength to help you get through this time. As far as the sleeping thing, it will work out. More than anything...DO NOT use self destructive behavior (drugs, drinking to excess, etc.) to "help" yourself cope with the loss of your mother.

wvspeedfreak
06-27-2007, 05:22 AM
I am very sorry to hear this.We will keep your family in our prayers.

Quad18star
06-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Hang tough though , things will get better. I don't really know what to tell you to make things easier , because I've never been in the situation of losing a parent, but maybe just talk with your dad a lot or with a brother or sister , even other family members. Talking to someone will usually help ease some of the pain. Try and remember all the good things and good times you guys had , and remember that you didn't lose your mother , you just gained another angel in Heaven to watch over you.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

<DRS>GPF
06-27-2007, 06:06 AM
i cant begin to imagine how you must feel..

my heart goes out to you. i am truly sorry for your loss.

quads14589
06-27-2007, 06:07 AM
im very sorry to hear that man

things will be ok, just take it easy for a few days and everything will calm down.

Raptor68
06-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through. God Bless.

Ghost-Rider
06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Sorry For Your Loss. R.I.P

Its gonna be hard probly till the funeral is over.

duke416ex
06-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
i cant begin to imagine how you must feel..

my heart goes out to you. i am truly sorry for your loss.

That is about the best way to put it, prayers will go out.

WhiteYFZ
06-27-2007, 08:23 AM
im very sorry to hear this man. your family will be in my prayers:(

Mean250r
06-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Titanium
Well i just needed to vent a little. This morning around 11:30 i found my mother dead on my couch. I knew there was something wrong because she hadnt woken me up for work at 8 like she normally does. I woke up at 11:30 because the phone was ringing and her hair dresser was on the phone so i took the phone in to the living room where she was and she was dead. I immediately hung up the phone and started to try and "wake up" my mom. She wouldnt budge. Her eyes were froze wide open. I called 911. AFter i got off the phone with the dispatch i started compressions on my mom. Then as timing has it my dad walks in the front door for lunch break. I ran up the stairs and told him mom was dieing. He said shut up in disbelief. Then he ran down the stairs and we did CPR on her until the ambulance showed up. They tried to get her to wake back up for nearly an hour. Im glad they didnt bring her back because if they would have she would have been a vegitable and i think i would have been harder for me to see her suffer. She had a severe heart attack. I just wanted to say that my mom was the greatest mom in the world. She took care of me and spoiled me. She did more than enough for me. I just cant believe that she's gone. Hard thing to believe is that my grandmother who is 87 out lived my 55 year old mother. If anybody has any suggestions on how to get to sleep it would be great. Im on here venting because i cant get to sleep. I cant stop thinking about all the things she did for me and how good she treated me.

Im very sorry to hear man, you will be in my prayers. My cousin Overdosed on drugs two years ago and he dies for 12 minits, they brought him back and like you said hes a vegetable, shes in a better place. RIP

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 08:38 AM
It's always hard to lose someone close, especially someone as close as your mother. We all experience loss at some point in our lives, and its a part of life, you live, learn, and experience loss. There's no easy way to it no matter what anyone says, it just takes time. The pain never really goes away, it just gets less and less. Experiencing something like this can never be explained, but once you do experience it, it will make you a stronger person. Like others said you will eventually just talk about all the good times you have had and the good qualities of that person. Sorry for your loss, keep your head up, and dont be afraid to let the emotions out.;)

Colby@C&DRacing
06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there eventually things will get easier, your family will be in our prayers.

mikeB
06-27-2007, 08:52 AM
IM soo sorryy.. i kno what its like to loose someone but i havnt lost anyone that close. Just keep a positive thought in your head.. and think about the good she brought to you.

Gray33
06-27-2007, 08:52 AM
hey man i am deeply sorry that you lost your mom...But i will be the first to say. Why are you on the interent when your mom diead this morning. if my mom diead i would be crying to death and wouldnt even think about being on a computer. just my 2 cents

Ruby Soho
06-27-2007, 08:55 AM
i'm so sorry to hear that man. hang in there itll get better;)

416exfreak
06-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Damn bro....that sucks....

Ill be prayin for your family man...IDK what id do if I lost my mom...
Best of luck and R.I.P for your mom bro...

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Gray33
hey man i am deeply sorry that you lost your mom...But i will be the first to say. Why are you on the interent when your mom diead this morning. if my mom diead i would be crying to death and wouldnt even think about being on a computer. just my 2 cents

Why not, some people show their emotions differently, maybe he just wanted to come here to get some support. A lot of people that experience loss find it eaiser to deal with if they talk about the person, and thats all he's doing, show some respect.

jrspawn
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I can even begin to say how sorry i am to hear about loosing your mother. Your family will be in our prayers.

Justin

MX MaNiAc 06
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Stay strong man. You should go riding to take ur mind off things for awhile.

Doober
06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Hang it there man, i know what it is like to lose a parent. I lost my dad a little over 3 years ago to cancer. The first month is the hardest or atleast was the hardest for me. Ill keep you and your family in my prayers

TRX_450
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
sorry to hear man...if ya wanna get out and go riding to take ur mind off of it this weekend lemme know and well meet up somewhere and ride

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I am really sorry to hear this man, your family is in my prayers!

coolex
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
your family is in my prayers

suzukigirl
06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
i'm so sorry to hear that....i can't even imagine what you are going through...your family is in my prayers

06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
im very sorry to hear that....stay tuf man....i can only imagine what you are going through.

NPelletier
06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
thats terrible, idk what i would do without either of my parents and im very sorry for whats happening to you:( hope you the best of luck, and its awsome how you felt it ebtter for her to pass than to have to suffer.....i hope you can get past this and move on and i know you dont wish this pain on anybody

RIP:(

TWISTED DINLI
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
u and your family are definatly in my prayers. i am VERY sorry to hear this man just hang in there.:(

ATV Chic
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
You are definately in my prayers. I wish you the best and keep remembering those great things that she did. God bless you and your family

xtullyx16
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
im sooo sooo sorry to hear this man.. i lost my grandparents within a year difference and i still am very upset when i think about them.. i cant even imagine the sorrow and depression u r feeling right now.. all my prayers and the prayers of my family are with urs.. in time the pain will go away.. but talking about the good times with ur family or others who knew ur mother will help.. maybe not right away but it will.. im sorry

ZeroLogic
06-27-2007, 03:53 PM
The only thing that heals pain is time. I am sorry for your loss bro. Hang tight keep your head up and things will start to look up. Shes gone to a better place and you have an Angel looking over you now. Stay strong bro. God works in mysterious ways and have a reason for everything. Rest In Peace.:(

orca0294
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
hang in there and R.I.P.
I'll be praying.

440bigborekit
06-27-2007, 07:44 PM
my condolances to you and your family, your be in my prayers hang in there man, couldent imagine what your going through.

clutch22
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
hang in there buddy... hopefully i can come by again tomorrow..
Love you man

culichi
06-27-2007, 08:24 PM
i kinda know how it feels becausee a friend of mine fliped over on the highway and his little sister and grandmother died

but i could never knowww im sorryy:(

trick450r
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
i know exactly how you feel, i lost my mother on good friday of this year, hang tough dude, if you want to talk about it with someone who knows whats happening im me at rmotox83r on aim

Honda TRX250ex
06-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Im very sorry, my prayers go out to you. Stay strong man. We are all here for you.
:(

poogi
06-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I am sorry to hear you lost your Mom ,I lost my dad in 1997 and decided to drink the pain away but seemed to make it worse every time .Just remember the good times and how much you love her and want to make her proud .I am sure she would want you to live a happy life and succeed to your fullest potential !! All moms want their sons to be happy .Try to take care of your Dad he really needs you now .I will pray for you and your family .take care Steve

pats2007450er
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
i am so sorry for your lost.i lost my mom when i was 16 and that was 7 years ago.i never tought i would make it with out her.my dad was a failure and still is and to this day i still have not herd from him.its been a whopping 13 years sense i'v herd from him.it's very hard but i know you can hang in there.i learned to make her proud.try to stay active.hope you get to feeling better.my prayers go out to you and your family.

ugottabayou
06-27-2007, 11:19 PM
You know I'm always here for you man... Your mom was a mother figure to a lot of your friends too. Love you buddy

infantry317
06-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure its going to be tough to get through but remember she's in a better place. My prayers for you & your family.

bwamos
06-28-2007, 07:29 AM
I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

I can't fathom what you experienced.

My only advice would be to focus on the good times. Share stories with family and friends. Ingrain the positive into your memories.

insaneracin2003
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Sorry for your loss man. My prayers are sent for you and your family.

blasterandy
06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Your, in my prayers man. Just hang in there, things will get better. Its hard losing a loved one... really hard. I promise thing will get better, just keep remembering the good things and times. Don't ever be afraid to talk about it, or remember. If anyone ever says different, you have my personally permission to kick there scrawny ***. :) Just remember to keep faith in God he's what helped me get through the deaths of 2 of my friends this year. Both related to drunk driving. Everything happens for a reason we may not know why but God works in mysterious ways.

Keep in faith,
Drew

05Z400rdr
06-28-2007, 02:55 PM
wow sumhow i missed this thread yesterday..

im so sry to here that. You and your father are in my prayers. just hang in there. im so sorry. just remember that she is in a much better place right now and as happy as can be, but also sad because she misses you and your father. you will someday see her again, so dont think its the end.

God bless

Landon

Titanium
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM
I am not glad that my mom is gone but i am glad she did not live through it. AFter the otopsy(sp) we found out that she had a very abnormally small heart. The average heart weighs 550 grams. My moms weighed a little under 350 grams. The average size for the vesel in a persons heart averages around 3mm to 5mm. My moms was was around 1mm. And there is no cure for it. Doctors said that there should have been no way for her to live past 21. They also said that they dont know how she went through labor with me without having any trouble. They also said that she died in her sleep and that she didnt feel anything. They also explained to me why she died in her sleep. They said that when you go to sleep your heart rate lowers to a very slow rate. Well she had ate breakfast just before she fell asleep so what happend was while her heart was at a slow pace it was under a load to digest food at the same time. The doctor compared it to a car with a low idle. Saying that if a car has a low idle and has a load put on it how it will just die. Thanks for the advice too guys. I REALLY appreciate it.

mx428
06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I'd make an appointment with a good psychologist in your area. You'd be surprised just how much it will help you. Just try it, trust me.

juanki
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
i feel for your loss.

i lost my dad about 9 months ago, so i kinda feel this. just stay active and always remeber with a smile when they ask for your mom.

f3rr3t
06-28-2007, 11:30 PM
i lost my girlfriend similar fashion its rough just hang in there. in my prayers man. you got a big family here thats behind ya remember that

QuadJunkies
06-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Its hard enough to lose a loved one, but to witneess it is even harder....things tend to stick in your mind and will for life..

I cant say much of anything else that everyone else hasnt except I hope your heart heals DEF. get counseling, and you and Dad need to be there for each other more now than ever..
Theres nothing that heals you more than just time.
God Bless..

07250ex
06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
My condolences to you, hang in there my friend, when times are rough all you can do is hang in there just stay stong, i'm sure she's in heaven right now

CBRSLIDER
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your lose. I wanted to pass along some of the things that helped me when I lost my mom when I was 15.

First off, don't let anyone say that you shouldn't cry or show the pain that you are feeling. My younger brother held in his pain and it ended up causing him severe problems coping with life in general as he got older. By dealing with the pain and speaking to people about how you feel, you begin to heal. DON'T turn to alcohol or drugs. Again a problem my younger brother eventually went to and ruined his life. Always remember the good things and good times with your mom. By remembering these times you will be able to cope with the pain. Don't dwell on anything you may consider shortcomings that you may have shown your mom, like when you said you were spoiled. She gave you what she could because she loved you, not because you were spoiled. Talk to your mom. I used to lay in bed at night and talk to my mom. It helped me. Find a friend or co worker or teacher that can help you talk about your problems. I found help in a priest that worked at my high school. I leaned on him when I was really having a bad day and it helped me pull thru those really tough times. Some people don't like talking about God, but sometimes these are the times when talking to God really helps a person cope with the pain. And please don't distance yourself from your family. Eventhough a very precious part of your family is missing, the rest of your family will need your support as you will need theirs. God bless you and your family. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

I unfortunatley didn't get to read all the wonderful posts that everyone has left you so far, so what I have typed is probably just a repeat but I figured I would share it.

Ray

FoxRacing81
07-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I feel your pain man. I lost my mom 2 days before my 10th birthday...You'll make it through this...just never forget the times with her and always talk to her because she is listening...

RIP.