PDA

View Full Version : So whats the REAL story

pdxbigfoot
06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
On running stock 450R front shocks on a 86 250R frame with stock arms.Is there modifications?Ive heard that they are very stiff and bouncy,but im not really a lightweight (235lb) and i am building a MXer.Ive just heard alot of conflicting reports so once again any info is greatly appreciated.....the truth is out there!!!

deathman53
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I seen them on +2 a-arms, they raise the front end too high and make it kinda stiff also. I wouldn't do it, get shocks for your a-arms.

blasterandy
06-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Stock the 250r is a low geometry atv. Stock the 450r is a higher geometry atv. See my point, the 400ex being a higher atv the 450r shocks work fairly well with it because it doesn't change much about the atv's stance adjustablity. With the 250r the long shocks will raise the atv that was meant in the first place to be low.

blb515
06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
To answer your question...there are no modifications, they just bolt right up. I have some on my 250r and FOR THE PRICE, I like them. (i paid $200 for mine about a year ago). Sure there are better shocks out there but like I said for the price I think they are pretty good.

blasterandy
06-28-2007, 07:06 PM
i hear that alot. I guess you really can't beat shocks like that for 200$ "/ though. Can you get a picture of your quad with em on it. :) I have seen em on 250rs before just haven't paid any attention to them.
"/

MossboysRacing
06-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I currently run 450r shocks on my 250r. They bolt up with no problems, and like you said they are too stiff. 450r's have a narrower frame and wider a-arms so the leverage ratio is different. Also due to having aluminum spindles they have less unsprung weigt. My shocks have been revalved, and resprung triplerated w/zps for XC. I run 400ex stock a-arms with these shocks. There are many companies that do conversions like the set i use, Check our site sponsor C@D racing, Derisi Racing, GT Thunder. Call and talk to these guys and let them know what type of riding, weight, and that it's for a 400ex/250r. Like you said i got mine for a killer deal off of theifbay, and actually they are set up for a 450r still. Even then, since they have been worked over, i like them better for racing then my works triple rates that these replaced. AFter this season is over, im probably going to have derisi rebuild them. He did my brother's 450r shocks and they handle great, he does top notch work.