PDA

View Full Version : Fan question??

Jason Smith
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I have a 2005 TRX 450R. I have not noticed the fan running on my Quad for a long time. Does anyone know how to test to see if the fan is functioning? Is there a fuse? Any help would be great.

06-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Pull the wire off of the fan switch that is in the thermostat housing and ground it to the frame. The fan should turn on. If you don't know where the thermostat housing is just follow the top hose from the radiator to the engine. It is the switch right there. It might be hard to pull off but the connector pulls right off.

Jason Smith
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info. If the fan does not function after grounding the fan switch what should I look at or replace?

06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I forgot to tell you to test the fan with the quad running.

The fan motor.

Jason Smith
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Okay fan works. But isn't weird that my fan never runs. I race XC in 90+ degree heat for two hours and I have not noticed it running. Is there something else that could be wrong? Should I be worried? Should I have it checked out? Do you think it would be a good idea to ground the switch so the fan runs all the time?

06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Let it sit and idle for a while with the wire hooked up to the fan switch. It should come on with the quad sitting at an idle in 90 degree weather. I live in HOT South Florida. I have my fan hooked up so it runs all the time.

Jason Smith
06-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Thank you for your help. I like your Quad. Do you run XC? what series? I run the Iowa and Missouri series. Thinking about running a few GNCCs next year.

06-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Your welcome. Did you get it figured out?

Thanks. I race XC. Check it out. www.floridatrailriders.org they have an XC series just for quads called Quad Scramble series with 10 races. A Hare scramble series for bikes and quads with 14 races. A MX series and and enduro series. I do the one GNCC that comes to Florida. I have 24 races to choose from. We race from September to May. It is too HOT in the summer to race for 2 hours.