06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
new riding place for us.

http://www.syracusesandpark.com/

Scott-300ex
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Sadly, thats the closet dune place to me but its 11 hours away. :(

atvmxr
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
sweet!! too bad for me I'll probably never go becuase I will drive past Kermit, Lake Altus, and Waynoka on the way up there from Houston and would probably stop at one of them instead. :D

its fantastic to see a community stand behind something like this, most cities are trying to eliminate off road parks in stead of building them up. I saw the city has allowed use of atvs on the public roads, very cool. Thumbs up to the city of Syracuse, KA

I hope this turns out better for them than the imperial dunes in LA, at first it was open 24/7 but for reasons unknown to me (probably either someone got hurt or something) now the park is only open during the day, which sucks. The state parks seem to be better at keeping people mostly legal and keeping their gates open.....

Its mighty tempting to quite my 8-5 engineering job in Houston to move up to Kansas to be a full time Ranger or gateman at the park.... :macho

Scott, what about Silver Lake dunes in Michigan, those are kinda close,.right?

Scott-300ex
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeh, I might have to look into that, me and my buddy went up to the border of Michigan/Ohio, pretty much into Michigan, took like 6 hours goin 80-100mph. But thats A LOT closer than 11 right? LoL.

Thanks man, I'll have to check that out.

mxduner
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
silver lake sucks don't waste your time thier