PDA

View Full Version : Losing my job

Jake250ex
06-26-2007, 09:37 AM
It looks lie ill be unemployed this friday. I started at this place at the beginning of my senior year, just part now. Now im graduated and have been working full time... I dont get it. I did everything I was supposed to and have been replaced by an idiot. When I came in I was promised a raise and a promotion and to be transferred once I was out of school now Im just gettin fired! WTF

Oh yeah, and it couldnt have come at a better time, now that I have a payment on a new quad and 2 insurance payments.

54warrior
06-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, not to be a d!ck (because I do feel bad you lost your job) but moaning and b!tching about it on here isn't gonna do you any good. Maybe you should post the city where you live, the type of work your looking for, what kind work experience you have, etc... Someone on this site might know of something.

Also, it's summertime, there are plenty of yards to mow. You can start detailing cars perhaps. Work on a farm if there are any nearby--whatever it takes to pay the bills. Maybe there is a new housing development being built near you, you could see if one of the contractors needs help. Carpenter, electrical, plumber, etc...

Also, it sounds to me like they just wanted part time help and now your there full-time and what not. Were you busy? Did you have enough stuff to keep you busy? Apparently you hadn't worked there long enough to collect unemployment???

REDRIDDER
06-26-2007, 09:54 AM
www.monster.com youll find a job in no time or go to wal mart thats were i work in their warehouse pay is good i work 12hrs a day 3 days a week and 4 off you cant beat it, seriously walmart mart hires all the time or just check out monster. good luck bud.

54warrior
06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Yep, I've got my last two jobs through monster.

JJs450r
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
lowes is a great place to work id do it but im makin more now then if i was to start off at the bottom, they have great benefits a good retirement, one of my friends dads retired outta lowes when he was 45 and is set for life haha wish i woulda started there when i was in school but ya other then that wal mart is alright

honda8&3
06-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah I was thinking about quitting my job today. My boss was making pointless judgements on my work, and I kept saying to myself to just leave and tell him to go puck himself. But I kept my cool and got through it. He let me go home at 1:00 though.:( I need the hours since I am doing a lot of stuff to my quad and will have a car and insurance bills in less then a year. I really want to work cause I don't have school since it's summer. hE DOESN'T HAVE THE WORK RIGHT NOW, So I am thinking of getting another job just part time and going part time at my present job. It is really pissing me off since now he doesn't need me to work as much.

PS: Sorry about me *****ing for so long! LOL:devil: ;)

honda8&3
06-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah but you know what he is the boss and there is nothing that I can do about.

honda8&3
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
It looks lie ill be unemployed this friday. I started at this place at the beginning of my senior year, just part now. Now im graduated and have been working full time... I dont get it. I did everything I was supposed to and have been replaced by an idiot. When I came in I was promised a raise and a promotion and to be transferred once I was out of school now Im just gettin fired! WTF

Oh yeah, and it couldnt have come at a better time, now that I have a payment on a new quad and 2 insurance payments.

Man dude if this guy is an idiot then he'll prolly puck everything up, so then your boss at this place is gonna miss you. When you get a job go over there and laugh in his face.:devil:

honda8&3
06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
By the way what is the job?:confused:

Ghost-Rider
06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Lifes a beach. Sucks about you loosing your job but atleast you had one.I am trying to find one.Thinking qbout feed stores or farms.

Jake250ex
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I worked deatailing cars at a body shop. I helped out bodymen when I had no work and took out the trash... it was nothin fancy.

Ill try monster

MO-EX-RIDER
06-26-2007, 07:33 PM
so look to another body shop , detail shop, or high end car wash in your area...also dealerships need porters?? just some free ideas for ya:)

Ryan
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't not trying to put you down, but everyone makes it seem so easy to just go out and get a job. If you are willing to take ANYTHING just to pay a few bills, its the way to go. And keep looking until something nice comes along. Those good jobs that you are happy with, usually take time to find.

I had alot of trouble looking for work. Due to a felony and no liscenes. It really put me back. It toke me 6 months to find a job.... Constant looking, putting my resume everywhere. I got work doing farm work, and threw out my back the first day, lifting bags of onions all day.... ( I have 2 hurniated disks due to car/atv accident).

I finally got a call from an old boss doing tile and marble work. I've been working for him since. I love my job. I sometimes am happier at work than at home.

My advice, get anything temporary, anything, even if its stupid. Shoprite, Wallmart, Deli's, ect. And keep looking for a job that has an intrest to you.

Good luck! I know how it feels.

CRich[814]
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I worked deatailing cars at a body shop. I helped out bodymen when I had no work and took out the trash... it was nothin fancy.

Ill try monster

i do the same exact thing.

mephyst
06-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Go get a job at Nordstrom... I sell women's shoes and make bank. I just turned 19, still live at home and go to college full time. I made $260 last Thursday. I average about $200 a day right now 5 days a week. You do the math... ;) Put on a happy face and make people's days, and that's what its all about.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Well, not to be a d!ck (because I do feel bad you lost your job) but moaning and b!tching about it on here isn't gonna do you any good.

if people didnt post this kind of stuff we wouldnt have stuff to talk about so who cares

Jake250ex
06-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah, the dude that replaced me is 20, im 18. Everyone in the shop hates his guts - of course besides the manager who thinks hes the best employee ever. Hes backed up 3 cars into something and the paint shop had to fix where he hit it in his first week. And he is constatly hiding and dodging work, usually upstairs in the bathroom whacking off. And hes known to hide in cardboard boxes big enough for him and the metal dumpster :ermm:

I know this sounds bizare but its 100% true. And to let you know what kind of manager we have - the last body shop he worked at everyone despised him so much that the entire shop organized that everyone would call in and say they wouldnt work there for him anymore. 2 months later, they hired him and put him in my shop :confused:

SGA
06-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Well if thats the case youre better not working there anyway.