PDA

View Full Version : NEw Crank?

YFZ#426
06-26-2007, 04:21 AM
After i installed my athena 480 kit the quad ran great for about a week. Then i ended up bending 3 intake valve due to a bad timing chain. THe quad never ran the same the jetting is all different and it has a bog off idle. In the last race the motor siezed up. WHen i tore it apart i found that the crank bearings pretty much blew apart. What are your guys suggestions on this problem and on a new crank?

jshtex
06-26-2007, 09:38 AM
When you repaired the bent valves did you pull the crank and check it and the crank bearings? I would think that the piston hitting valves (thats what bent them right?) would put a lot of stress / load on the crank and bearings.

YELLOW RR
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
More answers at www.yfzcentral.com

nicker71
06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
was it a stock crank?? I going to rebuild my soon and was thinking about the WR setup. And a 07 oiler update to the case.
But a big bore would be nice.

dr.dyfz
06-26-2007, 04:35 PM
redid my baby and put hot rods crank and jt oil upgrade. CANT WAIT TO GET IT DONE THIS WEEKEND:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YFZ#426
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
yes the piston hit the valves due to the timing chain jumping. That problem i fixed by putting on a new timing chain. I just inspected the crank bearings today and they are very worn so they will be replaced. My other prob is that after i fixed the vavles the jetting was never the same. It would have a bog off idle and not have 100% power. Can that be from worn crank bearings? I will be putting all new bearing and a complete new crank.