PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Compound

PolarisRider06
06-25-2007, 11:10 PM
well i plan to get some equipment out to my place sometime soon to work on my jumps, i've got an area about 75 feet wide and 175 feet long or so with room for run ins/outs off of the ends. right now there are 2 doubles aprox 60 feet long going down the middle the second landing is right where the far end is and they are about 10 feet wide.

now that i got that out i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i should do out there for jumps? how big, positioning and all that good stuff. idk if anyone wants to do a paint drawing or something that would be cool to, i'm just trying to come up with some good ideas.

PolarisRider06
06-26-2007, 08:26 PM
well i went out today and did some measuring of what i have for room and theres more space than i though, i'm drawing it up on graph paper and i'll scan it and post it up to see what kind of ideas everyone can come up with.

Rootar
06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
i know youve seen my setup before but thats pretty close to the size of my area, i have my ramp setup in the middle and a arenacross style section of my track around it (in order has whoops, 25 foot double, 45 foot ski style tripple, single, nice pretty good size berm, then a 45 foot camelback style tripple, then the big catapult style 45 foot double) all that and my ramp setup in a 215 foot long by 50 foot wide section, i still got plenty of runway for my ramp at 55 foot gap too.

Rootar
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
the camel back style tripple, i learned the hard way that i couldnt clear this jump on my lil bros 400ex (what i always test my jumps with lol) my hybrids can barely get over this one= very much fun keeps ya on your toes.

btw if anyone remembers there used to be a stepon step off thing here.

PolarisRider06
06-30-2007, 06:00 PM
well i finally got a full graph diagram of what i have for area to use out in the field so here it is, i have 4 double out there that aren't finished yet but i only put the 2 big ones on there, the third one jumps over the top of the gap between the landing of the first and launch of the second double about 38 foot gap (its a big hole about 2-3 feet deep i dug for dirt in between the landing of the first and the launch of the second double with drainage/escape on the right of the second double launch) and the 4th double is an uphill about 50 feet long over the launch of the 3rd double....

i dont know if that explanation of where the other two jumps are makes sense but heres the layout with the 2 big doubles drawn in and i marked all of the areas where there could be a run in or run out from a jump and where there are trees that cant be cut down

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/PolarisRider06/Fieldjumparealayoutinternetcopy-1.jpg