PDA

View Full Version : quick questions about the 250r...

trx250r_ryder
06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Im looking at a 86 250r at a local dealer. Its a customers bike and it has been rebuilt from the ground up...its a sick looking bike. it has a lot....alot of goodies on it. My question is this...i rode the bike and its got some behind to it. im trading in my scrambler 500 for it. ive rode my buddies kfx400 and it felt nothing like that 250r. Is this too much bike for me? Im 27 yrs old 5ft 7 at 210 lbs and physically the bike felt good...im just worried it might be too much. ill be honest and say i dont have alot of riding experience under my belt. im just looking for a fun trail riding quad that i can eventually race. any help is greatly appreciated...just looking for some opinons from actual owners....thanx...aaron

chris46250r
06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I would like to say that everybody that rides should own one 250r (as I see that you do) so they will understand what the hype is all about. I dont think that it would be too much for you as long as you got some common sense tucked up under that helmet. But if you are planning on racing it one day check around your area and see if there is even a class left for it. Some of the tracks I've been to lately dont even have a "250r" class like the good ole days. Ive got two of them right now and through all the 300ex's, 400ex's and one 450r, thier still in my garage and they are gonna stay. I have yet to find anything that compairs. If you are serious about getting it and you dont know alot about them take someone with you that does to look at it. A 250r is the best and simplest fourwheeler I've ever owned, and with that being said any idiot can throw one together and make it look like something only to have it fall apart right out from under you on the first ride.

trx250r_ryder
06-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Thats exactly what I wanted to know. I guess my questions is simply this....is a stock 250r tameable? probably a dumb question. i know the bike that i am going to buy seems to have the power more in the mid and top end area. it has a curtis sparks silencer on lrd pipe and they said the top end of the motor was redone. Can I change the silencer and/or pipe to move the powerband down some? Just curious. Im still learning to ride, but I keep running out of power on all of the bikes I get on. Something tells me that I probably wont run out of power on a 250r. Thanks for the reply. I will post some pics when I bring it home tommorow.