PDA

View Full Version : DISTRICT 6 Is a Joke

Over-land 450r
06-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Just like the title says. ive seen nicer BMX tracks and pit bike track then the crap they stick us on. wats the deal with this ****.

how many kids alone got hurt at sleepy? could it be its only made for mini bikes????

Dmx the biggest jump is for 1 quad wide and its first gear pinned.

E town and Atco are the only real tracks. and there small.

D-6 kisses dirtbikers asses and pisses me off

D-6 is a joke to me.

who agrees with me??

RaptorRacer45
06-26-2007, 05:41 AM
+1 on the Dirtbike Asskissers

Im trying some District 7 Races the rest of the year........I hold more organized Races in my Back yard than D6 does most the time:rolleyes:

05Z400rdr
06-29-2007, 08:17 PM
yeah i deff gotta agree with u about how they kiss dirtbikes @$$'s..its startin to piss me off how their makin quads get off of half-decent bigger tracks n ride on the same track that the minis do, quads only...

Landon

Over-land 450r
07-01-2007, 08:05 AM
for those of you who didnt want to waiste there time goin to Miles mountain. My friend called me and said that track sucks too.

i had a issue at 1 of the tracks and so i went to talk to the D-6 ppl. they didnt even kno the AMA rules.

THanks for everybody who has the guts to say something. Maybe D-6 will read this. but the wont do anything b.c. we have 4 wheels.

jerkyboy
07-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Over-land 450r
for those of you who didnt want to waiste there time goin to Miles mountain. My friend called me and said that track sucks too.

i had a issue at 1 of the tracks and so i went to talk to the D-6 ppl. they didnt even kno the AMA rules.

THanks for everybody who has the guts to say something. Maybe D-6 will read this. but the wont do anything b.c. we have 4 wheels.

I told my kids at the beginning if the season that there not going miles mountain. Didnt feel like the 4 hour ride would be worth it.
We went to ATCO last night and had a good time. 3rd in the 50 stock quad & 1st quad open C.

Over-land 450r
07-01-2007, 09:48 PM
my friends who went told me too many ppl came and they didnt have enough room. a kid broke his color bone and the EMT waited for the race to go 3 more laps to help them. WTF. Atco is a sweet track. congrats to your kids on the 1st and 3rd. atco is a tough track.

quadracer707
07-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Wade actually thought the track was above average. They addded a new section do there super cross track , there is room for improvement, but a good step in the right direction. There was room to pass though tight in alot of places. It was not a wreck fest. There was enough parking though cramped in some place certain people seem to hog alot of space. After race owner & grounds people were taking to riders who wanted to talk with sugestions, next d6 race will tell if they listen. Jumps were not huge, but wade really enjoyed the supercross part. If you just looked at the track with out walkin it or atleast praticing on it you would have thought wtf. I think it was one of the nicer tracks. Lap times were about 1min 30 sec. 6-8 laps racing. got your money worth. kids under 12 free if yoou raced 2 classes they took $5 off. cost me $75 2races 2 kids me & wade. By the way wade took overall 1st In B/C class & overall 1st in B class Iwould give the track an overall a step in the right direction. But that is just us..

Ken

racinlifeaway33
07-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I have to agree dirtbikes get what they want. By all means! HOWEVER.. sleepy's track could be dangerous but its fun and passable. I race A and when a track is one line its really bad in an A class race. As for dutchman, i will agree that track is a joke, and the owner could careless it seems. Atco is fun, e-town is a national caliber track I would HOPE its the best D6 track its probably one of the best tracks around. As for Miles Mt. All the people that knocked on it, when did you try to talk to the owner or GM to make changes. When did you build a track from NOTHING and further more only have a track for 4 yr's. I personally talked to the owner, he changed the practice order so the A rider's wouldnt be the lucky ones to clean the track, he made the track wider at request, he asked for suggestions and is making the track better for next time. So i feel maybe the D6 is a joke for quads but shouldn't everyone have a fair shake? And because the track is 4 hrs away, does by no means not mean its fun. I was at mapleshade for the cernics race you want to discuss one line tracks at a semi-national race, then lets sit and talk but knock on things you know not what you assume because the people at Miles Mt. are probably the MOST flexable gang of track owners i have ever met.

And I agree fully with the post above on the price's A class paid out well also. 2nd and 1st overall. I made a good bit on money, congrats wade... about time!!!!! haha

quadracer707
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey andy,
Congrats on your racing really rippen it up you were. this is wades dad ken writting, I have to agree with everything you posted. We made a track out of nothing out at my moms house, on almost an acre of land. It took 2 full weekends to build, & alot of dirt & it it just good for one lane practicing. Lots of work involved. I was wondering what you guys were discussing with track officials before race, i figuered it as about schedule. I think miles owner will try somethings different next time, it was a fun track to watch aleast from my spectator view. Hope to see you guys this weekend at englishtown, practice all day saturday I called & girl confirmed. Good luck
Ken

racinlifeaway33
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks,
They asked us how many laps and we requested that the hay bails be moved in further to open more options for passing. They agreed. AS WELL AS.... something im super pumped for, one weekend they are having quad only event and we all get to rip the big track! i personally cannot wait! looks like a lot of wide!!!! open area's there haha. but yes, they track workers/owners are super people and open to ANY suggestions and take them into consideration. They are making something out of nothing and actually going to try and make us a 1.8-2 mile track to race on, with natural step up's and fly off's, elevation changes sounds awesome to my ears haha. I wont be seeing you this weekend I dont think, I believe im racing the cernics race at roaring knob.. but tell wade good luck and he hope things stay safe.. cya

Hammer trx450r
07-06-2007, 01:59 PM
There should be a smiley that is crying, so i could use it in this post.

Robb why isnt Monster in your sig??????

mxdad
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Some of the tracks may have issues but I think D6 has made a huge effort to support quads lately. They now have seven mx tracks for quads to race...

Atco
Evansville
Hurricane Hills
Miles Mountain
Sleepy Hollow
DMX
Englishtown

You may not like all of the tracks and they may not be national tracks but they are better than nothing. And as far as I can tell all of the track owners are trying to work with the quad community to improve their tracks. You just need to talk to them and express your concerns in a civil manner instead of dogging them on these boards. It is a shame but quads racers seem to be their own worst enemies and that needs to change. Remember, it's hard for them to build a track that is safe enough for the mini quads but still challenging enough for the adults too. I suggest you adjust your riding to each track and in the long run it will make you a better racer.

mxdad
07-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Also you have a better chance of being heard by D6 if you post on the D6 Quad Message Board (http://www.takeforum.com/d6quadsrule)

Hammer trx450r
07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
Some of the tracks may have issues but I think D6 has made a huge effort to support quads lately. They now have seven mx tracks for quads to race...

Atco
Evansville
Hurricane Hills
Miles Mountain
Sleepy Hollow
DMX
Englishtown

You may not like all of the tracks and they may not be national tracks but they are better than nothing. And as far as I can tell all of the track owners are trying to work with the quad community to improve their tracks. You just need to talk to them and express your concerns in a civil manner instead of dogging them on these boards. It is a shame but quads racers seem to be their own worst enemies and that needs to change. Remember, it's hard for them to build a track that is safe enough for the mini quads but still challenging enough for the adults too. I suggest you adjust your riding to each track and in the long run it will make you a better racer.

Very well put.... especially about quad racers being there worst enemy

Race4Yamaha38
07-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Very well put.... especially about quad racers being there worst enemy

i totally agree, i mean at least we got some place to ride which is deff. better than nothin but at the same time, i do think some of the tracks need to be changed in some way to make them better.

Over-land 450r
07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
it would be nice to talk to the owners. but wen they have a nice huge dirtbike track and a small crappy quad track. they dont care they just want our money.

Wen it is a dirtbike D-6 race tracks only allow dirtbikes to enter No Quads. wen its a d-6 quad points race they let dirtbikers come too. it would be nice if they did care.

quadracer707
07-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Where were you last weekend Englishtown, ALL QUADS sunday nice track beautiful day

Ken

Over-land 450r
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
E-town is the nicest track. they only have 1 race track. Where were you at dutchmen and sleepy?

brutecowboy
07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
What i don't get is how can there be a PA State series haresrcamble race at tracks where they say no quads. I think thats B.S.

joedirt
07-17-2007, 10:56 PM
The reason for no quads at a Pa State HS is because the BIKE clubs putting on the race are just that "BIKE CLUBS".
I don't think they will have quads anytime soon. You will need to start a quad club and not schedule bikes.

I do agree that coming on these forums and bashing the track owners will get you absolutely no where. A couple of years ago Sleepy didn't have quads at all. The Dutchmen has a new owner that is willing to work with the riders but it won't happen overnight.

cz440
07-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I am a d-4 rider and to tell you all the truth you are all lucky. We have 4 tracks to race on. One track we race on is also Miles Mountain and I can tell you all that they have come along way in a short time and that by the next D-6 AND D-4 race the track is being changed alot. It was good that all voiced opinions because they listened and are now hustling to get the work done check it out on the website www.milesmountainmx.com

quadracer707
07-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I think that will be the best non national d 6 track the 1st race was pretty cool cant wait for next one hope they really lisened

cz440
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Was up at Miles today and let me tell ya all it is awesome. It has come a long ways since you all raced last. It is all wider a lot longer, nice new sections , and they say most likley a new gate in a new location by the time you all come back.

Over-land 450r
07-29-2007, 08:09 AM
if that is the case then i respect miles mountain. im glad hes willing to work with quaders.

poogi
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
+1 on the Dirtbike Asskissers

Im trying some District 7 Races the rest of the year........I hold more organized Races in my Back yard than D6 does most the time:rolleyes:

don't waste your time with district 7 bigger joke

xcnick38
07-31-2007, 02:01 PM
i've run d6 races for about 3 years now... since then, the only 2 tracks i like are foot and rausch creek (NOT THE GOOD SPRING LOCATION!) dutchmen is a joke, who wants to ride around in a field all day and turn? needless to say its ALWAYS MUDDY, or ALWAYS DUSTY! dutchmen sucks! evansville... well the awesome 1.5 miles of woods doesn't make up for the 5 miles of switchbaks in a field... that place sucks! its also a 3.5 hour drive for me... foot of the mountain, the reasners (people who own the track) are the nicest people ever, me and a few buddies and perene (track operator) layed out the first track for this year... he actually took the time to make a decent track... they might always run late and screw up the results but they know how to put on a race... but back to the topic...

D6 SUCKS!

joedirt
07-31-2007, 07:21 PM
You might as well go somewhere else to race.

Steven623
08-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Sleepy is going to be having a QUAD ONLY race on the BIKE TRACK in Oct. on I believe the 7th. I did here it right from Jere. I'm sure it should be a great day as long as everyone shows?

MMM450r
08-19-2007, 05:42 AM
The Miles Mountain Quadcross track is only going to get better! As with any time you break ground there will be rocks and rocks we have. We will have our weekly rock picking parties to get all we can.
From the first comments and suggestions after the first D6 quad race we were taking notes. We made every change with the exception of widening the whole Supercross section but we were able to widen the top row (the old finish line).
We hope that all the riders like our new track and don't think it is a joke. If you have a comment or concern let us know so that we might be able to fix a problem or add something new.
We are going to do something with the little double in the middle of the track. Maybe make it a triple. We may also add to the length of the overall track.
For next year we are already looking an all quad weekend of racing. Maybe a three moto format!
Send me your idea's! Let's bring the quads back to the top in D6 and the AMA/ATVA!! tswan@milesmountainmx.com

Over-land 450r
08-24-2007, 08:27 PM
i went to the miles mountain race with a couple of friends. i talk to the guy that runs the quad track and he was nice as could be. The track looked really good and i was impressed. i would go there. He really did do a good job preparing that track for the race. atco E-town and Miles mountain and hurrican hills is ok.. we have 4 nice tracks now. hopefully the others will follow.

MMM450r
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
We are already talking about the newest changes to the quad track! We are going to add 10 to 15 feet to the big table top. Also get rid of that little double that throws you and put in another nice table top. We may also add to the length of the overall track. Our biggest job each week is picking rocks.
The plan is to plant rye grass in the starting area to keep erosion down and to add to the organic mater that holds the moisture.
If you have any other suggestions just let me know.
Tim Swan
Director of Quad Operations
Miles Mountain MX

MMM450r
08-31-2007, 04:42 AM
The newest changes have started!
We have a new huge triple where that little double was in the middle. And we are extending the big table top before you get back on the supercross section. Go to www.milesmountainmx.com and I will get the pictures posted.
If quads want to practice this fall we need to have at least 12 riders to make it worth the discing and watering. E-mail me if you have a group that wants to practice. tswan@milesmountainmx.com