PDA

View Full Version : shifter/riding boot problem

Gasman
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
My daughter would practically have to drag her toe on the ground to get the toe of her MX boot under her shifter, but to raise it even one spline causes it to hit the bottom of the recoil housing/case area. What to do? Surely with all the racers on here, someone must have a solution for this. A pre-fab aftermarket shifter would be fine, or let me see some pics of homegrown fixes. Thanks!

#22blaster240
06-26-2007, 05:16 PM
My dad and I made a custom heal/toe shifter by welding another shifter onto the stock one, it worked really good.

double d 1
06-29-2007, 05:18 AM
i'd have to go look at my sons but cant you bend it out a little bit? be sure to take it off first before you do this, you could bend the shaft. and make sure when you put the shifter back on that it is on correctly. i put mine back on and the screw that keeps it tight was going in kind of hard, but i kept cranking it and the screw broke. the shifter is tight but i cant remove it now. i'll have to tap it out i'm guessing.

koh0001
06-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Someone on here posted a pic of this mod. Maybe Hendrirk racing...I can't remember. Could someone post a pic of this. My son has the same problem.

FASTDAD-77
06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
My son had this problem on his motorcycle a couple years ago and most of the problem was the motorcycle boots he was wearing. He couldn't hardly change gears and when he jumped, he would sometimes hit the gear shift and knock it down a gear. I bought him a cheaper set of boots made by O'Neal and these boots would never break in enough to allow him to move his feet and ankles. I bought him a good set of Alpinestars and cured the problem. Two years ago I switched him over to racing a TRX90 with another pair of Alpines and he hasn't had any problems. This is just a thought, but it may be the boots are to stiff for your kid to change gears.

07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
on my son's trx we cut and welded the shifter at dif points to get a sharper turn up. also i know robb's racing was making some heal/toe shifters for the quads he builds. you could give him a call..