PDA

View Full Version : 400ex blowin fuses?

Exrider434
06-25-2007, 05:50 PM
With a new fuse it will start up and run, but you shut it off and it will not restart....i am checking throught the wires, but where would the most common place be?

hornetgod13
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Are the lights on or off? Check the wiring under the hood for chaffing and or bare wires.

81 clark racing
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
pull back the black rubber gouruments on the back of the head lights and check there

04TRX400EX
06-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Are the lights on or off? Check the wiring under the hood for chaffing and or bare wires.

He beat me to saying it. It's like clockwork - this question comes up routinely every couple of months. I had the same problem (along with numerous other 400EX owners). The cause is usually the wiring around the headlights, as has been said three times now. Check the wiring for exposed areas or kinks.

It happened to me right after I got mine. Anytime I flipped on the lights the fuse blew. Played around with the wiring and headlights and hasn't done it since.

Choppers
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I used to have the same proble. I would put a new fuse in and it would blow it once i started it. My problem ended up being a ignition wire was open and i taped it up and no blowy fuses anymore. Hope this helps ya. Godd luck.