PDA

View Full Version : fan problem>>>>>overheating

xcracer416
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
before i done my frame swap my 450 NEVER ran hot, the only time i ever seen the temp light on was the few seconds it was on right after i got the engine started. ever since i done my frame swap it will over heat due to my fan not coming on, espesially when im racing in really tight sections in the woods. after i get it into a straight and get the air through the radiatior the temp light will go out. i have two DNF's in a row due to not being able to cool it down right away in a straight. the fan is plugged up, and worked prior to the frame swap. the only thing that i done was take out the brake light wiring harness. is there some way i can test the fan or is there a ground that i didnt hook up maybe? i need some info on this please!! oh yeah its a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water.

clutt225
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
The wire that goes to the temp sensor in the head. Ground it to the frame. This wil tell if your fan is working. if you leave it grounded your fan will run all the time. If the fan works you have likely missed a ground wire.

Sjorge450R
06-26-2007, 04:24 AM
^^^ do what he said, but leave it running all the time. I do it, no problems here. I also know of about 10 others that do and have never had a problem.

JW450R1
06-26-2007, 05:52 AM
did u perform the bleed purcedure as per the shop manual

xcracer416
06-26-2007, 06:55 AM
i did not do a bleeding prcedure. i thought it was like most cars, so i didnt do nothing special. i filled it up, rode it around till it got warm shut it off and refilled it back up. i will check out the fan test tonight. where should the ground wire be in the harness that i might have forgot to hook up?

xcracer416
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
anymore info?

JW450R1
06-27-2007, 05:18 AM
i don't no where the ground wire in the harness is at.but if u ground out the sending unit wire on the front top side of the motor/t-stat.ground it out while the motor is running the fan should kick on.that will be the first start of the diag.then just trace back the wires.

xcracer416
06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
thanks everyone for the info. i fixed it last night. the ground wire for the fan is grounded through the temp sensor. but i found a rubbed wire on top of my radiator that would not let it come on. the wire was blue that was in my fan harness. might be a fluke thing, but if not you might want to check yalls next time you service it.

Sjorge450R
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by xcracer416
thanks everyone for the info. i fixed it last night. the ground wire for the fan is grounded through the temp sensor. but i found a rubbed wire on top of my radiator that would not let it come on. the wire was blue that was in my fan harness. might be a fluke thing, but if not you might want to check yalls next time you service it.

that is the acualy fan wire i believe. I think it was a blue wire that I grounded out :confused: