PDA

View Full Version : Big gun rev box??

snakeman52646
06-25-2007, 04:54 PM
ok my buddy has a 300ex and got a big gun rev box for it. The old box had 2 plugs and a green wire with red stripe. the 2 plugs fit right into the big gun box but there is no place for the green/red wire to go into the new box. We tried it without hooking it up anywhere and it just blows fuses. Tried grounding it also nothing. So basically the big gun hooks right up to the 2 plugs but leaves this green/red wire coming out of the quad nowhere to hook up and just blows fuses when you turn it on?? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Billie

dirtrider77
06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
try tracing the red/green wire from where it went into the old box to where it ends, and then remove it (if u can, dont cut ne thing just see if its easily removed) and then try if that dont work look at the old rev box where the wire was plugged in, does the plug in cum off, or detach from stock box.....ive never tried ne of these 2 but they r jus sum ideas 2 get ya thinkin

snakeman52646
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
thanks for the suggestions dirtrider77. Ok with the old box on it and the wire unplugged the neutral light does not work. Plug it in and the neutral light lights. But with the old box the quad will start with or without the wire plugged in. As soon as I plug in the new box with the wire unplugged because it has now where to plug into. It shorts out and blows a fuse. The plugs fit perfectly into the new box, it's just well it's just I have no idea.:confused: Man makes me love my banshee even more!!!
Billie

dirtrider77
06-25-2007, 09:53 PM
looks like were both clueless...lol
good luck

300exguy125
06-28-2007, 12:52 PM
i have rev max big gun rev box abd i had no problems there should be a big connection and a smaler one that you need to plug into this box it should not be hard unless you removed wrong box there are two up in the front a small one and a bigger one ,say that you sat on the quad it is on your right underneath the plastics bolted on to the frame in a case or your freind got the wrong rev box for another model and not for a 300ex/250x