PDA

View Full Version : front supension improvements

whc
06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
have had my ex400 three weeks and have rode two hare scrambles,this is the first time I have raced a quad and am enjoying it. quad runs good, but the suspension could use some help am thinking about starting with the front, wider arms and better shocks. it seems like there are plenty of companys making these parts, lets hear some recomendations. I am 57 years old weight 170lbs 5 feet 8inches, I am placing about 70 position out of 110 riders. do i need adjustable shocks? or would a set of elka recreationals shock do the job. what about 450r shocks? how wide in the front am thinking two inches. lets her your thoughts thanks mild Bill

Rip_Tear
06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
For hare scrambles I wouldn't go over +2 in the front. Elka rec shock's are alright, but I'd suggest getting something adjustable with resivors. I'd suggest either Elka or TCS, over getting 450R shocks, either way they should be adjusted to your weight and how you ride by the shock company. As far as a-arms I don't know who I'd suggest, but don't cheap out, you'll end up paying for it with warn out parts, or broken stuff.

gcart2
06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
go to www.lonestarracing.com thgey have sport a arms and axle for 1grand. plkus 2. since u r doing hairscrambled get 450r shocks..

04TRX400EX
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Elka Recs would be a huge improvement over stock but you will be much better off with rezzies and some adjustability. I tried to save some money when I got mine and have since realized that you get what you pay for. Now I get to re-do my suspension setup front and rear at the end of summer.

For you, I'd recommend some Elka Sports/Racing series or even better TCS. For a-arms, check out Houser +1 or +2 standard travel a-arms. They are priced right and very good. Depending on the width of the areas that you ride, it depends whether you should go +1 with the stock axle or +2 with an extended.

zrpilot
06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by whc
have had my ex400 three weeks and have rode two hare scrambles,this is the first time I have raced a quad and am enjoying it. I am 57 years old weight 170lbs 5 feet 8inches, I am placing about 70 position out of 110 riders.

Dude your my HERO!! :macho I want to be just like you when I grow-up.
Rock ON!!!
Keep racing and more importantly, keep the shiny side up! ;)

ZRpilot