PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale 440 Speed buying an FMF pipe and silencer need help...

Honda4ooEX
10-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,

My buddy has a new Cannondale Speed, I think its a 02, or 03 I don't know for sure. He wants to buy an FMF pipe and silencer for it or maybe the big gun slip on. Howver he has a couple questions and I don't know much about Cannondales. Which pipe would be better the FMF pipe and silencer or the Big Gun slip on? Or is the best exhaust for the Cannondales stock exhaust? Also he was told he has to have the quad re-mapped if he installs the exhaust. Can someone please explain the re-mapping and if it is nessecary for the exhaust? He basically wants the speed to go even faster, is anyone aware of any modifications that you can do to the Speed to make it faster? I think its plenty fast but he doesn't. Any help would be great thanks.

MILF_HUNTER
10-21-2002, 01:23 PM
go up a tooth or two on either sprocket if he wants more speed.

250rmike
10-21-2002, 03:46 PM
i think the best thing to do would be get the stock moto exhaust if you can and get the moto mapping or the same with the blaze stuff depending on what he wants to do. i beleive it is a titanium fmf. dont get the big gun yet they have been breaking at the mounts. they are fixing them but i would wait. also i do beleive that you have to get the motor remapped