PDA

View Full Version : future 450r owner here....

trx400EXtreme
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
well, like the title says, im gonna be gettin a 450r pretty soon. wut years do u think i should look out for. i was kinda leaning toword the kicker for a couple reasons, mainly because they are cheaper than the er's. also if i get one thats piped and has nerfs wut is a good performance upgrade. maybe cam? HRC kit? thanx

billyboy
06-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Cheaper... Not here in Ohio they are not...
400 more since they are so hard to get ahold of. At least new they are...

I have heard starting issues with the 06-07's?
Mine is a 04 and starts on the second kick almost everytime. Even hot. Its got some motor mods though. :confused:

JRP
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
i have had my 05 for 3 years and not once has it broken down. Untill this past weekened nothing has happened to it, but this past weekend the crank went in it, and it might of messsed up the piston, valves, and cylinder, but im not 110% sure yet. 3 years on a quad riding it 3 days during the week and on the weekend for 3 years straight is alot. You should be fine with a 05, but ive herd the 07's are alot quicker.

trx400EXtreme
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
thanx.

450rJam
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
04/05 have crank issues but the front end turns alot better than the newer years, they only come in kick start, they are a little slower than the newer years but with some mods they are very capable.

the 06/07/08 are all the same, they changed the plastic/frame colors and a couple meaningless things, these years are the fastest out of the box and if you add the hrc kit they have more power than alot of people can handle, they beefed up the front end but in doing so made it turn like a bull dozer, the e starts have a poor design and require new gears about every year or so.

all years could use suspension upgrades