PDA

View Full Version : Still in the Crate?

440ex2001
06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey guys I'm hoping to get another quad in a few months.
My question is, is there any way I can buy one from the dealership and get it still in the crate? I don't want to spend 7g's on a quad that one of the high school tech guys just took out and wheelied and god know what else after they set it up. I'd like to do it myself to be postitive that it was broken in correctley etc.

chris46250r
06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Good luck. I've tried that a few times and I always get told no they have to do it for some stupid reasons that I forget. But I have twice now I think had them put one together while I watched. They will tell you that you cant be in the shop or something like that for insurance reasons but if you persist and say you'll just go somewhere else, they will find a way to at least let you watch it being put together.

firefighterjosh
06-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
Hey guys I'm hoping to get another quad in a few months.
My question is, is there any way I can buy one from the dealership and get it still in the crate? I don't want to spend 7g's on a quad that one of the high school tech guys just took out and wheelied and god know what else after they set it up. I'd like to do it myself to be postitive that it was broken in correctley etc.

From what I have seen at the shops they put the quads together (not hard) and put it in the show room. Most the quads in the show room do not have gas, coolant or oil in them.

Then when you buy the quad they take the quad to the shop fill it with oil, connect the battery and make sure it runs ok and give it too you. It is not broke in from the factory. you still have to break it in

2004exrider
07-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Good luck. I've tried that a few times and I always get told no they have to do it for some stupid reasons that I forget. But I have twice now I think had them put one together while I watched. They will tell you that you cant be in the shop or something like that for insurance reasons but if you persist and say you'll just go somewhere else, they will find a way to at least let you watch it being put together.

It's for warranty reasons.

Jimmy

450rJam
07-15-2007, 09:24 AM
your local dealership has highschool kids riding wheelies on new atv's

the guy that assymbled my atv was like 40 years old and kept calling me "hot rod" because I was having him install the hrc kit also (06 450r)

07250ex
07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
they dont start the bikes before you buy them ... matter o fact they are empty

LT250_JOE
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
ALSO FOR LIABILITY REASONS. EXAMPLE: SOMEONE BUYS SAID QUAD IN CRATE, TAKES HOME, WHEEL FALLS OFF, BREAK ARM.......
LAWYER, LAWSUIT, BAD ATV PRESS...ETC.:chinese:

maggiesboy
06-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 07250ex
they dont start the bikes before you buy them ... matter o fact they are empty

not in this part of the US. Every machine at the dealership I worked at was heat cycled at least twice. The hit the showroom ready to run with a 1/4 tank of fuel in them.

440ex2001
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Bringing back my old post I know but, I worked at a yamaha dealership last summer for extra money putting bikes together etc. I know for a fact that 1 out of 2 sport quads get taken out and ran hard before sold. When they got a 700r in it was out of the crate wheels bolted on filled with fluids just to be taken out in the field next door to see how fast it was. As soon as the truck got there it was like a field day. The tech's were itching to jump on. Same with the dirt bikes. They all new which was the fastest because they actually raced most of them. Then they bring it back in blow it of with compressed air wash it dry it and wheel it out to the show room or the warehouse. Buyer beware. My advice it to make sure you watch them get it out of the crate.