PDA

View Full Version : Twister Valley Sports Complex Ny

ZSNOW
06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
who here likes this track??

the reason i asked was, i hated the track to flat and to many doubles for my taste , so i just went balls to the wall and ended up in a wreck lol (black blaster #8x) if anyone here was there, i was in like last place cuz i couldn't get the doubles down...

Gray33
06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
ouch man what type of atvs were you up against

400exrider707
06-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Definitely not for those who dont like jumping.... I personally love the SX track, tight, technical, and some big jumps. Did you ride the MX track at all?

my88r
06-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
who here likes this track??

the reason i asked was, i hated the track to flat and to many doubles for my taste , so i just went balls to the wall and ended up in a wreck lol (black blaster #8x) if anyone here was there, i was in like last place cuz i couldn't get the doubles down...

where is this located in ny

400exrider707
06-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by my88r
where is this located in ny

Fort plain, its on rte 5.

www.twistervalley.com though the page hasn't been updated in a while, its a very fun track. The SX track is very tight technical with some doubles and tables and a rythym section, the MX track has apparently been updated substantially since the last time I've been but 4th and 5th gear runs are not uncommon and they are some big/small jumps on that as well. The only problem with the whole place is it is hardpack and gets dusty so watering is difficult, however its usually quite breezy there and it blows the dust away. They also have a minis track inside of the MX track, and I've heard they put a utility track in. Its also one of the few tracks in our area that runs an actualy stock and mod pit bike class. Def worth the trip to check it out sometime. They run open practices on tuesdays from 4:30 til 8:30ish and friday night SX under the lights.

ZSNOW
06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
im 13 it was all blasters and 300's but its my first year,i didn't get any practice in because it was so late by the time we got there, so i had to go balls out, i love to jump just not used to it, and its rough on a blaster with warn out suspention lol, we figured out i blew a shock thats the reason i ended up crashing, anyone have any tips for doubles? or anyone wanna give a novice some help? at mototown or something?

400exrider707
06-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
im 13 it was all blasters and 300's but its my first year,i didn't get any practice in because it was so late by the time we got there, so i had to go balls out, i love to jump just not used to it, and its rough on a blaster with warn out suspention lol, we figured out i blew a shock thats the reason i ended up crashing, anyone have any tips for doubles? or anyone wanna give a novice some help? at mototown or something?

Took me quite some time to get the doubles down there, its either make it or hurt.... no happy medium there, I went to a few open practices and got everything down, make it much easier running under the lights. Its much easier on you and the machine to overshoot than come up short keep that in mind, basically build as much corner speed as possible and hold it til you clear the jump hahaha

ZSNOW
06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
thanks, im not gonna be back there anytime soon but i will keep that in mind everywhere i go, thanks man

troyleepred719
06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
How did you like THE table top lol........ you should have gone to royal Mountain, SX track, i like it much better, but if your in to MX, Motomasters is the best IMO....

Where are all you guys from?

trxwannbe
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
i personally enjoyed that race and he was talking about the mx track our series had a points race there this past weekend i thought it was fun track but i somehow managed to warp a cam journal so i was done after the first moto

400exrider707
06-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
How did you like THE table top lol........ you should have gone to royal Mountain, SX track, i like it much better, but if your in to MX, Motomasters is the best IMO....

Where are all you guys from?

Really? Royal has been terrible this season so far... no upkeep what so ever, and motomasters is boring, no jumping at all hardly.... but thats a true MX track I guess, where in CNY are you, Im in manlius now... looking for some people to ride with...

my88r
06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
im looking for people to ride with to where in cny im i im in horseheads,ny

ZSNOW
06-25-2007, 09:51 PM
im from central nh...

ZSNOW
06-26-2007, 08:14 AM
i hate THE table top lol its the one i crashed on lol

400exrider707
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
What table are you talking about? They're all pretty fun.

ZSNOW
06-26-2007, 11:45 AM
the one in the facing south west towards the back of the track, just before a turn.. sorrry not mu ch help but i tryed

ZSNOW
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
we now call it back breaker because 3 guys last weekend crashed on the same one and hurt they're backs me, and some other guys crashed

smithn1683
06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Fort plain, its on rte 5S .

www.twistervalley.com though the page hasn't been updated in a while, its a very fun track. The SX track is very tight technical with some doubles and tables and a rythym section, the MX track has apparently been updated substantially since the last time I've been but 4th and 5th gear runs are not uncommon and they are some big/small jumps on that as well. The only problem with the whole place is it is hardpack and gets dusty so watering is difficult, however its usually quite breezy there and it blows the dust away. They also have a minis track inside of the MX track, and I've heard they put a utility track in. Its also one of the few tracks in our area that runs an actualy stock and mod pit bike class. Def worth the trip to check it out sometime. They run open practices on tuesdays from 4:30 til 8:30ish and friday night SX under the lights.

I road 400exriders707 450r around last years MX track, it was pretty fun! I liked rolled a lot of stuff but pretty easy track I think. just watch out for the boulders:macho

troyleepred719
06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
im from westmoreland, bout 13 miles from utica, and 30 from syr...

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
im from westmoreland, bout 13 miles from utica, and 30 from syr...

Why are you in district 4? You're right in CNY!