PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres Oct 27

absrio
10-21-2002, 11:30 AM
I will be heading there to break in my new Z400 since i am used to riding there on my Honda rancher 4x4 do you have any tips for someone that hardly knows how to ride a sport quad on really steep hills

jesshamner
10-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Get some momentum and slip your clutch to keep your rpm's up. You have to keep a balance between the front and the back. Lean towards the back for traction but try to keep the front wheel on the ground.

Braff1
10-23-2002, 06:54 AM
I have wondered if anyone from this big metoropolis of Charlestown was ever on here. Welcome!

jesshamner
10-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Yeah there a few riders from charley town that check exriders everynow and then. Who do you normally ride with? Maybe I know some people. Hey where is this Haspin Acres place?

Zuki
10-23-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by absrio
I will be heading there to break in my new Z400 since i am used to riding there on my Honda rancher 4x4 do you have any tips for someone that hardly knows how to ride a sport quad on really steep hills

I suggest you come to LBL/Turkey Bay with a group from ZCentral and a group of 15-18 right now:cool:

Braff1
10-24-2002, 06:13 AM
My name is Dan Brafford, my brother Chris. I usually ride with James Miller, Dewayne Corn, Timmy Adams. You know any of them?

Haspin is about 1hr and 45 min north east of c-town. You follow hwy 3 to you cross hwy 55 and then you follow it into Laurel Ind. It has a nice track for quads with big table top jumps, a smaller mx track for the bikes and trails in the woods (becareful they tend to criss-cross on another), also has a drag strip. My kids and I like to go up and play on the biq track.

Dan

jesshamner
10-24-2002, 12:41 PM
I know who Timmy Adams is. I was at New Washington while he was there. I heard that he got a 250 ex. I ride with a lot of people. I guess it just depends on who wants to ride. Here they are: Jeremy Brading, Ryan Hobbs, Travis Clapp, Doc Nash, Keith Vissing, Clayton Burchel, Derek Bower, Brian Haulk, Josh Woods, Matt McCutcheon, Devin Fellows, Kyle Harbin, Roger Curtis, Eugene Brison, Mike Callis, Mike Hopwood (until his junk polaris messed up), and Nick Hedge. Know any of them. I have rode with Cameron Fields once too. We have been going to Lynnville, Indiana. We were trying to find some new places to ride around here. Our local trail have been cut off. We were thinking of going to Mountain Parkway sometime. And we thought about LBL/Turkey Bay. Have you been to those places?

Braff1
10-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Timmy has since sold the 250 and bought a 300 EX and sold it and is now the proud owner of a 400 EX. I have rode once with Cameron Fields. Do you by chance know of Jerry Duvall? He has that loud big gun on his DS 650.

Mountain Parkway is a good place to ride. We go there quite often. It has a lot of fun trails, challaging technical trails, hills (some will make your butt pucker).

I have been to LBL. It has a lot of nice trails that you can haul booty on. They also have some nice trails with nice jumps along some of the fire roads. Some people from z400 central have a ride going on this weekend down there. I was thinking about making a run down there but right now all my riding buddies are busy this weekend.

There is also Badlands. It is 3 hours away from here. It is nice place to ride on the dunes. My kids love this place.

Zuki
10-24-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Braff1

I have been to LBL. It has a lot of nice trails that you can haul booty on. They also have some nice trails with nice jumps along some of the fire roads. Some people from z400 central have a ride going on this weekend down there. I was thinking about making a run down there but right now all my riding buddies are busy this weekend.

Forget the buddies, you got damn near 20 of us going. Is that not enuff people to ride with?!;) Stryker might be going as well (think he said only sunday or saturday) Never hurts to meet new people to ride with eh. Come on and join us.

jesshamner
10-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Yeah i know who Jerry is. He lives right down the road from my grandpa. I am not for sure if he knows who am though. He has that Baja DS 650 that he was trying to sell. The Badlands are in Attica right? Do you have to have sand tires to ride there or will stockers work? I have never rode anything but trails and hills. I haven't been to any tracks or dunes. Lately I have just been trying to freestyle. I was working on a superman and a couple weeks ago, I started working on a rodeo. Do you know anyplace or anyone close that has a big enough jump that I can really do my magic?

Braff1
10-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Zuki= I have been thinking about coming down Sat. morning. I might stay the night or come back that night. Are you coming down I-71 from Cincinnati? If so I might be able to meet with you in Louisville and follow you guys down.

Jesshamner= The Badlands is more of a peagravel than actual sand. The stocktires work good. You think You might be interested in maybe going to LBL? let me know.

Zuki
10-24-2002, 09:29 PM
We're leaving tomorrow (fri) around 3:00 heading down I-75 S to lexington and hitting the BG parkway i guess. That's the directions on lbl.org for driving from Cinci, so i would imagine that's the best way to go, unless you have another suggestion. Lemme know!

Braff1
10-25-2002, 08:17 AM
I am almost certain that I am heading down to LBL. I will be there early Sat. morning. What kind of vehicles will you be in and who should I be asking for?

Zuki
10-25-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
I am almost certain that I am heading down to LBL. I will be there early Sat. morning. What kind of vehicles will you be in and who should I be asking for?

Well, i'm waiting on last minute details now. For sure we arent leaving until at least 6:30 pm now. Some of the group is whining about the weather:rolleyes: There's seems to be a contingency plan rolling around about heading to Livingston ( i hope not ). I'll know something more concrete in a couple hours. There will be a black extended cab F150, me in my white two-tone 03 Z-71, I'll give ya my cell and you can call if need be.

Braff1
10-25-2002, 12:48 PM
I have been checking in frequently with the weather channel and watching the map. It looks like most of the rain pushed up into Ill. before heading east. I don't think they got hardly any rain today just some scattered stuff.

Braff1
10-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Check out this out.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/sports/map/47111?from=LAPmaps&name=index_large_animated&day=1

Zuki
10-25-2002, 02:14 PM
We are there for sure. Leaving at 6:00 tonight. Anyone else interested come on out.

honda250xrider
10-25-2002, 03:28 PM
you will probly have to slip the clucth going up the hills and watch for the signs that have x's on them that means danger i found that out the hard way and keep on the gas while climbing the hills and from what i heard they took alot of there big jumps out at haspin

worm
10-25-2002, 08:12 PM
blast the trrails w/ x's.... there is a XC race sunday for dirtbikes at 1 PM it is a 3 hour race...