PDA

View Full Version : getting closer to 60hp

buck naked-r
06-24-2007, 09:58 PM
i opened up the head alittle more and got alittle somethin

im doing a 97mm/hot-rod stroker setup soon and wanted a base line so i redynoed it to see where im at before the rebuild

this will help me see if i gain or lose from the stroker crank
right now its a
97mm venom piston
stage-3
dasa pipe
43-FCR
self ported head
FCI-intake

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0208Image0003-2.jpg

pb_paulie_b
06-27-2007, 07:30 PM
How many cc's after the stroker goes in?

buck naked-r
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by pb_paulie_b
How many cc's after the stroker goes in?

501cc

97mm+3

pb_paulie_b
06-28-2007, 03:41 AM
damn that going to be a monster! I can't wait to see the results. I especially looking forward to the difference in torque.

chad502ex
07-02-2007, 06:38 AM
nothing special about getting 60hp when you go big bore stroker... :rolleyes:

250r4life
07-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
nothing special about getting 60hp when you go big bore stroker... :rolleyes:

yah, but doing it without grenading your engine on the dyno is a bit more special then going over 60 and blowing your motor... :rolleyes:

i mean its no blaster or anything, but... :devil:

pb_paulie_b
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
yah, but doing it without grenading your engine on the dyno is a bit more special then going over 60 and blowing your motor... :rolleyes:

:p HAAAA that's funny, look out for this guy.....(PB loads Blaster on a plane set out for Mesa, AZ :D )

chad502ex
07-02-2007, 11:08 AM

First of all, a motor is electrical, an engine is not- get it straight!

Second, R&D with strokers sometimes has catastrophic events that occur when you push the envelope as I have always done; especially, when your the first to do so.... The fact that I shared my one failure is true testimate of my character, unlike yours whom has nothing to offer but gobs of blabber and goo flying from your lips!

Regardless, getting over 60 is easy- I've been able to do it, as with many others over 500cc have too..... Big Deal!

250r4life
07-02-2007, 12:05 PM
First of all, a motor is electrical, an engine is not- get it straight!

Second, R&D with strokers sometimes has catastrophic events that occur when you push the envelope as I have always done; especially, when your the first to do so.... The fact that I shared my one failure is true testimate of my character, unlike yours whom has nothing to offer but gobs of blabber and goo flying from your lips!

Regardless, getting over 60 is easy- I've been able to do it, as with many others over 500cc have too..... Big Deal!

First of all- "when YOUR the first to do so" is spelled YOU'RE...
Second- what is testimate? I've never seen that word before in my life... Im thinking you've heard people say that phrase, but didnt exactly know what words they were using... I imagine you were looking for the word testament...

3rd- a dude is proud of his "accomplishment" and you down play it and clown on him... now I may be hypocritical in this, but that is extraordinary character!!! Like I said, I am not saying I may not have done this, but I am not the one boasting about my character...

chad502ex
07-02-2007, 12:17 PM
spelled YOU'RE...
agreed.

..I imagine you were looking for the word testament...

yup!

3rd- a dude is proud of his "accomplishment" and you down play it and clown on him... now I may be hypocritical in this, but that is extraordinary character!!! Like I said, I am not saying I may not have done this, but I am not the one boasting about my character... [/B]

clowning on him? I said that getting 60 on a big bore stroker is not an accomplishment, cause it isn't...

buck naked-r
07-02-2007, 08:46 PM
may not be a big deal but i don't see any other 480 with 59/40>>>>on a DYNO-JET-DYNO

maybe you could point me in the right direction

and it only cost me around $500 to do it

chad502ex
07-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by buck naked-r
may not be a big deal but i don't see any other 480 with 59/40>>>>on a DYNO-JET-DYNO

maybe you could point me in the right direction

and it only cost me around $500 to do it

I've said before the power your making is good for 480cc, but not special- just good for the larger displacement vs stock your running...

the trick is doing more with less not doing more with more...

anyway, good luck with your build,...

buck naked-r
07-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I've said before the power your making is good for 480cc, but not special- just good for the larger displacement vs stock your running...

the trick is doing more with less not doing more with more...

anyway, good luck with your build,...

if you believe this then why did your 550cc only pull 57hp/37 ?

chad502ex
07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
if you believe this then why did your 550cc only pull 57hp/37 ?

it pulled 57 when it floated the valve, cracked the cylinder walls from side loading and blew..

and it pulled 57+ one the first dyno pulls without it being jetted in... With Mobile Dyno as a witness, we could have easily gotten probally 3 more if we had a chance to tune it in,..

If your trying to discredit buck, I've already been over 60hp on pump gas with even less.... why havn't you?..

lets get back to your hand sanding cylinders, dremel porting, rod discolorations, cracked centercasing, dremel carb boring, camshaft degree guessing, compression questioning, and your hopefulness that you can achieve 60,.... that's is plenty entertainment right there,...some history of a build having mechanical failure isn't,...

havn't you seen Pro builds blown on the track with DNF's....? Don't you follow racing?

buck naked-r
07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I've already been over 60hp on pump gas with even less.... [/B] I've already been over 60hp on pump gas with even less....

lets see it:cool:

chad502ex
07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I've already been over 60hp on pump gas with even less....

lets see it:cool:

do a search,... you'll find a 530R I designed making 64 on pump gas,... did over 60 on pump gas with less.. the 550 would have been awesome too if it wasn't for mechanical failure before it got a chance to get tuned......

sandmanblue
07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, all this stuff and I missed it!

Hey Buck - I like the numbers and that stroker should make that motor pull harder for sure. There are a couple 501's on the org that are pulling 64+, so there's your target.

My 511 seems to pull pretty hard. You'll like the +3 stroker.

As another note, peak numbers are nothing more than single points on a dyno graph. People don't race dyno graphs, so remember, it's the width or the torque curve that wins races. That's what's nice about the stroker. It will add peak, but it will make the powerband wider for sure.

BTW - you still seem to be running lean up top. Any plans to deal with that? Oh, and dude, post better pics of the dyno runs, it ain't that hard......

SLEEPER B
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Why don't you bring your 5??? or 600 whatever down to South Carolina. We put them on the dyno, then you take the other lane. Then we can compare numbers.

XXXRACER165
10-04-2007, 05:15 PM
What Chad said is right. Like for example, my first quad a 1987 Kawasaki Mojave would blow the doors of a piped Z-400. How? I made more out of less. (11.5:1 Wiseco piston, very nice port work, oversized stainless valves, WEB Cam racing cams, custom made exhaust, Pro-flow intake, K&N power kit).