PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar rear axle ????

GIXXER1KR
06-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I have a Lonestar Excalibur racing rear axle and the rear sprocket carrier hub is starting to get back and forth play,the one that comes already mounted!!!Anyone have any ideas.The rear axle nut was very tight but now i also have a tiny hair of play on the brake rotor side now.I hade evrything torque very tight and i am 110% positive the locknut didnt loosen.Its like something wore a tiny bit...And the locknut was nice and tight b4 with 0 play in it and locktited..Now i cant break it loose.I am worried what will happen now.And anyone have any ideas what i should do???I was thinking of maybe cutting off the OEM locknut.I even tried heating it and using the proper axle wrenches and no luck!!!

4bidden
06-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Just sounds like the locknut is loose. Get an anti-fade and it won't happen again.

GIXXER1KR
06-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I was able to tighten the two locknuts together and tighten them mega tight.There kinda seized together but were able to tighten together.No more play but ill have to cut them off when its time to replace the bearings or tighten it up again.I am going to buy a LSR antifade assembly with the brake rotor attachment or the Radloc type.Any ifo on the Radlock.Looks decent for $50 or is the LSR worth the money???

4bidden
06-24-2007, 10:33 PM
My stock locknut seized also. Any type of aftermarket wil lbe better than stock....but I really like the Lonestar setup. It works great and is easy to tighten and also looks good.

hendershot106
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
i have used both locknuts------ and had the same thing happen to my stock lugnuts on both my 450rs---- the radlock works great for 50 or under bucks as long as u have the threaded sleeve still from your stock locknut-- if not i recommende the lsr antifade--- its a great product and comes with a tightening rod so you dont end up in the same boat again---