PDA

View Full Version : beware of ****-tech jacksonville il

bracey
06-24-2007, 11:37 AM
well where should i start i have a 400ex with a crf150r motor in it i took it to m-a-u-l-tech atv to have the shocks set up for the quad it has custom axis all the way around i wanted the rear to be coverted over to a comp. ajustable i pick it up and it is worst then it was before it went their and he did not install the the rear comp. adjustment the ride height look like a flatt track quad it was to stiff and i paid him 524.00 to do this i call him he said send them back he would fix them he sends them back the rear shock now has a comp. adjustment nob and clevis that is for a yfz 450 that will not fit my 400ex that he had for a month in his shop i call him he said bring it back and he would replace it i drive it all the way over their again he opens the box with the new clevis and it is a yfz450 clevis again so i come home again still my girl still cant ride the her quad a few days go by and he calls me and now tells me that custom axis does not even make comp. ajustment for a honda even though my other daughter has it on her HONDA 450r so i call axis they say what i all ready know that yes we make that for a honda so again a call m-a-u-l-TECH again he tells me the same line of crap so by this time the WPSA is in taylorville so i take the quad to them and after redoing everything that m-a-u-l-TECH did and 715.00 bill the quad is great and i mean perfect and m-a-u-l-TECH is their and he sees me go threw all of this and i show the bill and after giving him back all of the wrong stuff he put on the shocks he agrees that he has been miss informed from axis by now iam just glad she can ride the quad he tells me that he will refund my money i go to get it he offers me 27.00 and thinks that is going to be ok so here it is 6/23/07 and now he offers me 98.00 of course iam not ok with that so i guess i only have 1 thing that i can do iam going to take him to small claims court and all i want everyone to be carefull when dealing with m-a-u-l-TECH ATV i have spent well over 2500.00 with this guy and also sent him buisness and he treats me like this . I REALIZE THAT EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GOOD BUSINESS MAN AND A BAD BUSINESS MAN IS HOW THE PROBLEM IS CORRECTED.

Pappy
06-24-2007, 11:40 AM
now you know why his name is starred out on this site:scary:

400eXr1d3rZ
06-24-2007, 12:50 PM
That's one long sentence.

TYayo420
06-24-2007, 01:33 PM
yeah it is^^^

06-24-2007, 11:38 PM
i bought from andy many times...he is starred out because he is not right a site sponsor...

if you talked to him the way you typed, it is easy to see how he could get the set up wrong...my five year old daughter does better than that

bracey
06-25-2007, 12:43 AM
they way i type has nothing to do with anything and like i said i have bought from him a lot of times also with no problems. But when he had to set some shocks up for the ridder thats when the problem started i was without the quad 3 x the time he said it would be and still had to take the shocks back 3 more times and ship them 2 times at my cost and then tried to blame axis for all of the problems but he is the one who put a yfz450 clevis on a 400 ex axis rear shock they did not and then lie to me and said only after he tried 3 x to put it on their. That custom axis did not make it for a honda and if your so proud of his work this is the place to say it TRADER FEEDBACK not my post start your own AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TEACH ME TO TYPE BETTER I GO TO A LOT OF RACES ALL OVER MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP AND YOU CAN SHOW ME. LOVE TO MEET YOU SPEEDYQUAD

06-25-2007, 12:58 AM
i bought my wifes elka rec series off of him but never had him set up any other shocks.

my point is is that you don't make sense. you jump all over the place with no paragraph structure. maybe this is why the shocks were wrong in the first place...

if your are ever near oil city, pa, let me know..i'll meet ya for whatever you want.

since i don't have or need c.a. shocks...why won't the clevis work...

by the way, my prob. is not with the neg. toward the business, but the preschool grammar used.

bracey
06-25-2007, 01:14 AM
SO I SENT YOU MY PHONE NUMBER I GUESS ALL YOU LIKE TO DO IS TYPE ABOUT IT I DONT LIKE TO TYPE

if your are ever near oil city, pa, let me know..i'llmeet ya for whatever you want (well the easy part you got down pretty good)

bracey
06-25-2007, 01:53 AM
found some of your bad preschool grammar

i foud this in open forum in the Honda falling behind on page 7 (ivnventory) (lrger) (ahve) (honda) (newby) and this on open forum pa poker run page 2 (bewteen) (promotor)(whil)(littlw) so maybe you should spend a little more time prof reading your own post and less time on others and here is a little help with these words inventory, laeger, Honda ,between, promoter,while, little,

06-25-2007, 06:00 AM
typos and grammar are different things...like is said in the pm i sent you back, i'll call you tonight tough guy...i wasn't going to call someone at 3 am when i should have been in bed, like my wife and daughter were. i wasn't going to disturb them by talking to someone...or wake up your family...i am not that ignorant

the point i was hoping you would come to by yourself is that if you want someone to respect your opinion, you should sound intelligent when stating it. it should not be a mess of something that resembles english.

by allowing you to try to come to that conclusion, i was giving you the benefit of the doubt that your typing was just being lazy and not a true sign of your intelligence. i guess i was wrong.

when i call tonight, shortly after 11:00 pm eastern, who do i ask for?

06-25-2007, 06:07 AM
since you are picking out incorrect spellings...in the wanted sections, someone was looking for seat foam you said "i have a hole seat"
it should be "I have a whole seat".
"make a offer thanks" should be "make an offer, thanks
mini atv's section-"soory" should be "sorry"
in trx450r information section-all in one post-"they was bought for a 06", "spindels", "betwwen", "lable" should be "they were bought for an '06.", "spindle", "between", and "label"

see, picking out typos is kinda useless, as we all make typographical errors.

It don't have to be perfect, after all this is the internet, but it should have structure and be understandable. your 2 posts with one very long run-on sentence is beyond acceptable. as this is the internet, capitalization is not as necessary and some leeway with abbreviations is given.

bracey
06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
it seems to me that you like to point out peoples faults i guess so you can feel smart. My point is that if you cant understand my first post then maybe i am talking to a 5 year. its pretty easy to see that you have more time than i do all the shoot your talking about has nothing to do with what i am taliking about and as far as the tough guy anybody that hides beheind a key board to talk trash and will not even call someone is a punk anyway. Me pointing out your faults was so that maybe you would see that nobody cares but you CLEAN UP YOUR OWN YARD BEFORE YOU LOOK IN MINE THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I RESPOND TO YOUR COMENTS GOOD BYE

Gray33
06-25-2007, 09:32 AM
ya dude this isnt college or school or anything so it doesnt really matter if he spelt a couple of words wrong...sorry english manger if i have offened you.aslo if this site had spell check it would help

TYayo420
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
if you use Mozilla's Firefox it has a spell check built in. also who cares abt a run on sentance this is the ****ing internetr who gives a rats *** chill my grammar i hate ppl that ***** abt that **** damn

06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
calling you right now...

glad i didn't call you last night, the screaming from you would have def. got everybody in both households awake. i don't call people at 3 am unless there is an emergency...

06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
what a foul mouth angry person......i called him like he said...i was actully going to talk like an adult to him, but as soon as he found out who it was, the f-bomb dropped big time

he told me to come visit him and "talk" it over...i still don't know where he lives, but he knows where i live...

every other word was the f word, or something about a male chicken in my mouth or rear end...

i hope his kids weren't around when he was talking to me like that...

if you want someone to take your opinion as valid, then it has to make sense...not what he typed...

JOEX
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420
if you use Mozilla's Firefox it has a spell check built in. also who cares abt a run on sentance this is the ****ing internetr who gives a rats *** chill my grammar i hate ppl that ***** abt that **** damn
You need to 'chill' and learn to type with out using asteriks:grr:

Pappy
06-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i bought from andy many times...he is starred out because he is not right a site sponsor...

his name is starred out because he was asked to not spam this site, which he did repeatedly, under many different user names... a sign of someone lacking the ability to promote themselves properly. i know of several riders that have had huge issues with his work, someone finally posted about it. His name remains starred out due to his dealings with members on this site.

Mad B
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I feel that there a couple points that are being missed here. Although the discussion between ‘speedyquad’ and ‘bracey’ is indeed entertaining, I do not wish to add to or participate in the portions that are not dealing with / speaking to the matter at hand here. BUT, as a person in the legal profession, I feel that it would be in bracey’s best interest to take an even closer look at the situation in which he is unfortunately well immersed within at that time.

In today’s service oriented society, we (as buyers, customers, etc.) do have a leg to stand on when it comes to demanding and expecting proper and fair service. However, regardless of the time (whether it be driving back and forth, or on the phone, etc.) we spend dealing with business’ like this one, we can only demand they be liable for the parts and services in which they provide or perform. I’ve been following, over the past few days, bracey’s numerous posts (on many forums mind you) speaking negatively towards this particular business in question, and it’s made me attempt to think through this from his perspective (as these are, though on a much larger scales, the situations that I’ve made my living within). Without going into even greater detail and most likely boring or making even more anger those that are reading, I would summarize my take on this situation as follows (for what it’s worth of course):

‘bracey’ – I would most definitely demand fair service and treatment in your dealings with this business. You should request a refund for services received – based on your un-satisfaction. You should request a refund on parts received (as long as you haven’t burned them) – based on your un-satisfaction. Now this is where it gets tricky, from a legal perspective…. This business, unless they clearly publish a 100% satisfaction guarantee clause, are not legally subject to being a perfect / un-blemished / no problems guaranteed service provider. Actually, this would be very hard to do with being a service provider for such a subjective service (i.e., shocks). Although angry (which I can understand), you can only ask and hope to receive reimbursement for the parts and services that you received from this business. Your decision to go elsewhere (i.e., Custom Axis techs at Taylorville) and pay the money that you did to correct the problem that you felt was present, is completely outside of the realm of responsibility for the business in question. The simple fact of the matter is ~ if you were / are unhappy with the work that was done and the parts provided – you should request and should indeed receive a reimbursement for parts and service. Once again, it’s important that you can provide the parts back to the business in good shape though.

To conclude – let’s look at it like this. You pay business ‘A’ $1,000 for parts and services ($500 on each respectively) on your quad. You aren’t necessarily happy with it. And, after speaking with a presenting the work to others in the industry – you are really not happy and feel strongly that the parts and work are not what you should have gotten. You have all rights to go back to business ‘A’ and “request” a refund as you are un-satisfied. If the business ‘A’ is fair – they may be kind enough to work with you and provide a refund for the services rendered at least ($500, in this example). If you get this much – that’s great. Now, if business ‘A’ says that they will refund all of the money for parts as well ($500 more in this example) – you are back to square one, with only a salty feeling about the business in question. IF you choose to go to business ‘B’ in between / during the time that business ‘A’ is refunding your money for parts and services - then I am sorry, you cannot, nor while a court of law (in this situation) consider business ‘A’ liable for your extra expenses, due to this one very important fact – the shocks were built/repaired/re-valved (whatever) as a service. Business ‘A’ did perform this service, though not up to your satisfaction. SO, all that is on the table is your money, and the parts and services provided by the business ‘A’. In an unsatisfactory situation, the requested action can only be to to revert the dealings back to a zero status. In other words, you get your items (as best as possible) and money back to the status they were when the transaction was first initiated. Business ‘A’ eats the services rendered and gets back his parts used for the work done. Both go their own ways.

Now, I am sure that there are some that might find argument with this post, and that’s fine, but to be honest I really feel that only one point needs to be understood and taken away from this ~ if you are unhappy with a service provided, request a refund of your expenses and that your items be returned to their original state (as much as possible). If you opt to go elsewhere to get the items worked on by someone else (in situations like this, mind you) you cannot hold the original business liable. This whole topic is on a very subjective matter (i.e., shock work) and would be very hard to legally prove (without a doubt) that the services rendered were flat out wrong vs. simply not up to your expectations. ‘bracey’ get all your money back from what you paid on parts and services to this business in question and go elsewhere the next time. And, as an aside – “slander” towards a person and/or business can often be legally proven (without a doubt). So, be careful with your words.

bracey
06-26-2007, 07:36 PM
thank you for your outlook on this problem but as far as speeking the truth about a service or lack of service that i so dearly payed for i have no problem in telling the truth to others and if you call that slader i call it the truth so i will tell all who will listen. Now for the man. He admits his wrong doing and has got all his parts back in the same shape they was in because the quad could not be used and he watch custom axis replace all the parts and said that he would refund all my money only to try giving me 93.12 of the 524.22 that i payed. I dont want any money back for anything else but the 524.22 . BUT THANKS DAMON B. FOR YOUR HELP

Moto49X
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Well i was going to stay out of this but I just got a phone call accusing me of spreading bad word about M-AUL tech on Atvriders.com and District 18 forums. I even got threatened by one of M-aul's friends.

Let me first say M-aul is a nice guy, and he will try to help you out. But, he has no idea what he is doing when it comes to running a buisness.

My tranny went out in my honda, he was nice enough to tell me everything wrong with it and quoted me to fix it at $600. Once it was all said and done I believe he charged me double. It was well over $1000. Soon after, i had been running it maybe 3-4 months i had some pretty wicked noises from my tranny.

Second expierence with him I called him to see if he had hiper rings. He said he had them on the shelves, and i told him i was on my way to pick them up. Also, let me say i live 2 hours away from him. So i get there and to my surprise, he doesnt have the front rings. He told me he had just sold them, now i dont know if he meant a couple days ago or right before i got there but either way i was not happy. He then said oh, well i will drop ship them to your house. I figured that was fine untill he made me cover full shipping costs also, which i think he should correct his mistake and pay for shipping.

Another expierence. He serviced my Elka LT shocks. I ran them for a couple months, they were so stiff i could stand on my bumper and the front end would not move. SO i finally took them to Seth Fligge to get them fixed, when i found out there that M-aul put the rear bumpstops on the front causing me to lose 1/2" of travel. He also forgot to put some shims and o-rings back in.

Then at another point in time he included a couple videos and a calendar in one of my packages. I figured well thats ncie of him to give me a gift because i only asked for ONE DVD. So he eventually tried to charge me $90 for the DVD's he sent. I never paid untill he got Lawyer's on me trying to get me to court. He also called and said he would send a Sherriff To my home. So i decided i would just pay him and get it over with. One of his friends, like i said, called me in regards to this post. Andy told him i STILL have not payed him the $90 from nearly 2 years ago.

Like i said i didnt want to post in here but i was getting phone calls on my cell phone and house phone being accused of stating bad facts about his company. Plus i had threats coming from one of his friends.

Pappy
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
the correct term is "Liable" not slander, and it sounds like bracey has a pretty clear case of stating his side of the story.

as far as threats, maybe this further adds to the type of business being run. who supports you and the manner in which they support you reflects on YOU.

and if you think a court wont take into consideration the fact that he gave company a the chance to rectify the situation prior to going to company b then you are mistaken. and with evidence to support work preformed to correct company A's shortcomings, winning wouldnt take to much....wether its worth it is another story.

staakej
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone. I'm here putting my 2 cents

I have purchased parts from andy **** for several years now and never had any problem with any transactions. I purchased a set of Custom Axis long travel shocks off ebay. I wanted to put them on my 440ex with houser a arms. I took the shocks to **** and, after taking measurements on the shocks, **** informed me that my extended length was too long. After a call to Custom Axis, we found out the shocks were off a 250R with roll a-arms. Andy corrected the shocks and and sold me a GT thunder linkage and revalve. The bike handled great! After one more valving change it got even better. It was by far the best cornering quad I ever had. After I sold the bike, it was purchased by kyle and cody kropp who both went on to win several races on the bike.

My second story is when I had a my LSR CRF450. I was at a local race one sunday. During my second moto I had a problem with my rear shock. When I made it back to the pits I discovered the shock was stuck in the compressed position. **** helped me take the shock off at the track and took it home with him. **** disassembled the shock and saw that the rubber in the seal head came apart and all the chunks were in the valving stack. I wanted to run the following weekend but parts were not going to be in. **** got me going with some parts out of a spare 400ex shock he had to get me by until the parts came in.

I have bought parts from **** for a while now and with every purchase I have received a detailed invoice with all the parts purchased and a detailed description of labor. I spend a lot of time on the internet and other mail order catalogs looking for the best deals; sometimes **** is cheaper, sometimes not. If I find something cheaper somewhere else, **** has tried to look for a different dealer to find a better price or sometimes sold me parts at a discounted price. **** has also held checks for me so I could get the parts I needed but needed a week or 2 to pay for.

I have gone to andy ****'s since he first started. I've done business with and spent a lot of time with him at the track and now consider him a close friend. I think he is a good person and has no intentions of doing anything shady to anyone. I have been 100% satisfied with the business I've done with him. Now I understand when you own a business you are not going to make everone happy and some people cannot be made happy no matter what you do. I know my story doesn't really have any relevance to the matter at hand, but I just wanted to let people know about the experiences I've had with andy **** and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Thank You
Jerrod Staake
#713 Quad A

bracey
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
iam sure that their more good stories then bad. But as far as buying shocks from andy anybody can call any company and tell them what a-arms and what quad it is and all the other stuff that they will ask you and everthing will go smooth but the problem that i have is i takes a good man to keep his word and stand beheind his work be that good or bad i have had other small bad service from andy and have took it on the chin but i have to draw the line somewhere and thats what i have done enough is enough and iam not asking for all of the bad work that i have had in the past just the 400ex axis that i was without forever and went threw h#ll. I myself also own a small buisness that i have own and operated for over 10 years and if i wasnt a man of my word then i would not still be their. All i know that a buisness is built 1 customer at a time and can be destroyed 1 customer at a time. Sooner or later it will catch up will you sometimes you got to give a little bit to get a little bit

Metzroth
07-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Andy has never done me wrong. He sold me an HD cam chain and spent half an hour on the phone with me walking me through installing it. He offered to let me pay him payments on the work i wanted to have done. While I never did buy anything else from him, he was always straight forward and honest with me. With your particular deal, I can understand you being upset, but i would have NEVER taken it somewhere else without having him redo it again. As soon as I got the quad back and it wasnt right, i would have taken it straight back to him. I'm sure he would have fixed it at no charge, or atleast no labor costs.

Quadfather
07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Two fellers were pissin off a bridge. One says it cold, the other says it's deep.

Uhhh huhhhhhhhh

bracey
10-20-2009, 01:04 AM
by the way i took..andy . m a u l ...to small claims court he settled out of court and paid me what should of in the first place

derekhonda
10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Nicely done.

bracey
10-25-2009, 09:16 PM
thanks........ but i should'nt had to do it that way .....but somtimes people make things tough ...even when they are wrong