PDA

View Full Version : snow is here!

flyin#5
10-21-2002, 08:23 AM
i woke up this morning and looked out side to see 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. it snowed all yesterday but only a little stayed on the ground and just enough to make everything white. the rest came last night. im sort of glad it snowed for snowboarding but for quading the best season is over. its too hard to try and jump my new 50 footer and my track is also too hard to ride on in the snow. looks like some roosting of snow for tonight and the rest of the winter. the worst part is i was just about to get my new wheel spacers and test them out. i guess we were just asking for it with the past couple of years of riding in 60 degree weather in november.:(

did it snow anywhere else? post something im bored here in computer aps.:devil

QuadJunkies
10-21-2002, 10:15 AM
no snow here yet, buy I did have a question on tiers for the snow..we like to go sledding with the quads at the dunes,but Im not sure which tires to use in snow?? do paddles work good for playing?? I have my stocks,paddles V and straights and I have my Razrs..I cant wait for snow!!:blah

redzoomer
10-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Have Fun dude... We won't see anything like that here for several months yet.... Then we will be lucky if we get and inch or 2....:(

exriderdude
10-21-2002, 10:57 AM
i think it will be a little while before it snows here

RideRed04
10-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Yup, got snow up here. My stock radials work awsome in the snow, if you can keep a little momentum, the 400 will go through alot. I have heard paddles work awsome if there is enugh snow, otherwise it just kinda wears them fast.

BornOnFire
10-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Snow?? What's that?

bigbadbrad
10-21-2002, 11:53 AM
we got 3 inches of snow on saturday some melted but it is still cold and i went for a ride on sunday and there is still snow today

nakomis0
10-21-2002, 12:15 PM
I used my stock tires and paddles in the snow. They seemed to work the same. I got lucky and got some stock Banshee tires with studs, but never got the chance to try it out yet.

Texan32
10-21-2002, 12:21 PM
hey quiadjunkies. I have been told that the GBC Paddle Master works quite well in the snow. The paddle scoops are a bit thicker and the tire weighs a little more. I guess tose two combined make them good. I was going to get a pair for up here, but i am getting re-assigned in february....not practicle to spend the money.

Blysster
10-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
we got 3 inches of snow on saturday some melted but it is still cold and i went for a ride on sunday and there is still snow today

I live just across the border from you and we only got rain here :grr

It'll snow soon I hope

2K1 300EX
10-21-2002, 01:02 PM
FLYIN_400EX- Ever try snowboarding behind a quad?

TC17
10-21-2002, 01:27 PM
my dad attached a rope to his old three wheeler and we were flying and i hit a bump and flew out of the sled, and the sled went under the tires. lucky me. i suck at snowboarding but it's fun.

GUESS WHAT! the snow is coming hard this year! i heard on the weather yesterday that we're getting el nino. that's when you get a lot of snow or something. i can wait to test it. last year i had the 90 and i had to get a path which took about an hour everytime i wanted to ride.

QuadJunkies
10-21-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks for all the ideas on tires . Texan32~~THanks..I have a set of thicker paddles too, they are Turbo paddles, most people dont know about them, they are hard to find,they hook up good in sand,and have a great reinforced center to the paddle for all wear.I have never pulled the kids on sand /snow to go sledding, but My ole man took them last year and said it was a blast,we may go play in some snow in the hills too,where it gets a ilttle deeper.Ill post a few pics when we go, cant wait to kick a roost or two
;) ...Tina

2K1 300EX
10-21-2002, 02:11 PM
In Mississippi we dont get snow, but I have been wakeboarding on the creek while being pulled behind a quad that was on the bank.

EvilJester400EX
10-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by redzoomer
Have Fun dude... We won't see anything like that here for several months yet.... Then we will be lucky if we get and inch or 2....:(

i hear they're calling for an el nino winter.. lotsa snow hopefully. like that time we had the 4 feet of snow.. only problem, school make up days, lol

DGR Designs
10-21-2002, 02:47 PM
bah! i hate snow! humbug! i am a WARM climate person! don't like this below zero crap! I can take like 6 to 8 inches but anymore than that and i get grumpy. i want to drive my EX all year round! and i don't want to have to worry about getting stuck:mad: I HATE SNOW! SAND AND HEAT ALL THE WAY! :blah :macho :cool:

Castor-426ex
10-21-2002, 02:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

EvilJester400EX
10-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Please step away from the crack tube.. thank you :huh

Castor-426ex
10-21-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by roost_maker
bah! i hate snow! humbug! i am a WARM climate person! don't like this below zero crap! I can take like 6 to 8 inches but anymore than that and i get grumpy. i want to drive my EX all year round! and i don't want to have to worry about getting stuck:mad: I HATE SNOW! SAND AND HEAT ALL THE WAY! :blah :macho :cool:

6 to 8 inches huh...thats sick....you need to be more specific kid...lol

Wired
10-21-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
6 to 8 inches huh...thats sick....you need to be more specific kid...lol

LMAO!!!! thats sick

Castor-426ex
10-21-2002, 02:59 PM
he said if he takes anymore he gets grumpy......that makes me want to hurl

flyin#5
10-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 2K1 300EX
FLYIN_400EX- Ever try snowboarding behind a quad?

all the time! we even build big jumps along the trails and pull some 180's and 360's. its hard but if you wake board youll be right at home.

10-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX
i woke up this morning and looked out side to see 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. it snowed all yesterday but only a little stayed on the ground and just enough to make everything white. the rest came last night. im sort of glad it snowed for snowboarding but for quading the best season is over. its too hard to try and jump my new 50 footer and my track is also too hard to ride on in the snow. looks like some roosting of snow for tonight and the rest of the winter. the worst part is i was just about to get my new wheel spacers and test them out. i guess we were just asking for it with the past couple of years of riding in 60 degree weather in november.:(

did it snow anywhere else? post something im bored here in computer aps.:devil

:huh

flyin#5
10-21-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Race Girl

QuadJunkies
10-21-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
he said if he takes anymore he gets grumpy......that makes me want to hurl OMG..LMAO!! only you Castor...LOL...only you;) :eek: :blah

DGR Designs
10-21-2002, 04:52 PM
AWWW! MAN THAT IS HORRIBLY WRONG LOL BUT IT WAS MY BAD TYPING SKILLS SO LAUGH IT UP I GUESS I WILL PUT UP WITH IT ONCE... but there wont be a next time. all you people with twisted minds lol I AM NOT GAY I AM A HAPPY GUY AND I LOVE MY G/F alot!

loganB
10-21-2002, 05:04 PM
We got snow about 8 inches it is fun Iv been riding in it for an hour now and me Razr's hooke up even in the snow.:)

Castor-426ex
10-21-2002, 05:20 PM
there wont be a next time? you slip up like that ...and youll get busted every time...lmao;)

bigbadbrad
10-21-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX

i hear they're calling for an el nino winter.. lotsa snow hopefully. like that time we had the 4 feet of snow.. only problem, school make up days, lol

four feet of snow in one storm or the whole winter?

cuz up here in maine it is not uncommon for us to get 3 feet of snow dumed in one storm

and did you know that one inch of rain + one foot of snow
so when you think about it during the sumer when we get 5" of rain at once we would be getting 5' of snow in the winter. now that would suck