PDA

View Full Version : Question abt the white bros e series slip on

TYayo420
06-23-2007, 10:45 PM
i just baught a white bros e series slip on from a member here, got it friday, put it on my quad after i took the little plate that said usfc or something its a spark arrester plate im guessing just a plate, and now its louder then hell, idc abt noise, im just wondering if this pipe is suppose to be loud as hell, its louder then my fmf power core 4 was lol ****s gotta be 108db's

my88r
06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
yea mine without the sparky was loud to. but i bought the quiet insert from motosport and its not so bad any more.

miller821
06-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420
i just baught a white bros e series slip on from a member here, got it friday, put it on my quad after i took the little plate that said usfc or something its a spark arrester plate im guessing just a plate, and now its louder then hell, idc abt noise, im just wondering if this pipe is suppose to be loud as hell, its louder then my fmf power core 4 was lol ****s gotta be 108db's

With running it straight open it will be loud. Put the discs in it and you will see a fairly drastic decrease in sound.

GPracer2500
06-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Put the sparky back in and run 10+ disks. They flow fine with that many disks, sound good, but aren't crazy loud.

TYayo420
06-24-2007, 01:23 PM
i dont mind the nopise, i like loud quads, but this is super loud never heard a quad so loud, maybe ill check the packing, i didnt wanna run it like this but sence none of you said anything bad, im going riding in 20 mins to try it out.

GPracer2500
06-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420
...this is super loud never heard a quad so loud.... but sence none of you said anything bad...

I think that is bad. As long as you're jetted correctly it won't hurt your engine. But stupid-loud engines piss people off.

Plus, I didn't wise-up and start wearing ear plugs until my late twenties--but damage has already been done. Hopefully I've learned how to take care of my ears early enough that I'll still have "normal" hearing when I'm 50. Extra-loud may not bother you when you're young. But the damage is cumulative and you don't realize what you've done to yourself until it's too late. Just something to think about.

If you don't want to run it with it being obnoxiously loud then don't.

TYayo420
06-24-2007, 10:17 PM
well the noise doesnt bother me, id rather have a quad with a grumble, then some panzy sounding stock sound. i was just wondering if there this loud, but once i re-tightened the clamp that secures the slip on to the head pipe it got better sounding, musta had a little leak, sounds more healthy now.