PDA

View Full Version : Help Tires not beading..

trueblue450
10-21-2002, 08:01 AM
I cant get the bead to seat on my ITP Holeshots... I got 20x11x9 I think my rims are 10x9 is that gonna hurt. My friend got his razors to bead and they arethe same dimensions as my itp. I got one to bead on the inside. But its just not workin ?>?? and help?

NTPRacing#19
10-21-2002, 08:15 AM
aight here is a tip my dad uses for big Mack truck tires, he takes some Ether starting fluid and sprays it around the the bead getting inside the tire. USE as little as possible while going around the bead. then light it with a match or something then the tire will inflate and set the bead very quickly. be careful doing it

Texan32
10-21-2002, 08:39 AM
ether is a GOOD way to hurt yourself. I've been working tires for 6 years now. Here's what you do. take the core out of the valve. make sure the bead is lubed up REALLY good (concentraed soapy water works well. Give 'r he!! with air. It sometimes takes like 30psi (though i wouldn't go much higher) to seat the beads on atv tires. If it won't seat, there's nothing you can do but keep giving it air. Also, the reason you take the core out of the valve is so that when the bead does finally seat, you can let the air out quickly....incase you have to really pump it up.

p.s. my buddy has holeshots that one of them is really hard to seat the back bead....

chavez
10-21-2002, 08:41 AM
be carefull!!!! it could leave a mark. i like to run a little trail to saftey then light it you will get a big bang

rcclark03
10-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Ether is scary shiznit. I would listen to texan.
I just put some razrs on, if the tire is to the point where it is holding air, just inflate it to 30 or 35psi max, sometimes a little more than the max recommened psi is necessary. Make sure it is lubed good with soapy water like texan said. If it won't seat, deflate, reinflate a little, bounce the tire around, and inflate to max again. Be patient, it will seat.
Also, you can try outting a ratcheting tie-down around the middle of the tire to concentrate the force of the pressure to the beads.

10-21-2002, 05:22 PM
yea to get my holeshots to bead i had to take a rachet tie down with the tire uninflated and tighten it up as much as possible then inflate the tire and it seated the bead pretty good. The true test is geting the fing things off! I have had such bad luck takig them off that i pay someone to do it. When i did do itmyself thought i would use a tractor bucket to break the bead lol
killer

trueblue450
10-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Yeah my friend works at a gas station/service station(mechanics wise) and he does tires all the time. His dad is also the tire man at the local tire shop. I tried all that shiznit besides ether but that subject was brought up. I tell you though it was **** breakin the stock beads. Damn it took us 30mins with the machine. But we lubed the sOb up and put her up to 36 (the maX psi) and it still didnt seat.. Then with the quad lifted i reved it full 5th gear praying it wouldnt come off the stand and still didnt seat. So i drove all around with the dang things at 36 psi, let me tell you its not a smooth ride. Just the left inside bead has seat. Did anyone else have this much freakin trouble or did i get a bad set of tires?

oynot400
10-23-2002, 08:56 PM
The sevice station the next town down will change ATV tires for $5 per tire. The best $10 I spent the last time. Honda wanted $25 per tire! :huh :eek: :grr

eldoexrider01
10-23-2002, 09:21 PM
we put some grease on my old ones cuz they did the same thing. and oh yeah that psi readin is BS. we take the valve stem outa of em and put a quick connect female end on the stem and blow em up real fast and sit there untill we either let off or they pop out. i had some mud busters seat on me around 40 somthin psi and i felt the tire flexin back and forth then it seated. russian roulette at the 4wheeler shop. haha i love it.

MOUSE
10-24-2002, 08:59 AM
one of my holeshots on the front has a slow leak around the bead in 2 places and i cant get it to stop, and to make matters worse all i hace for a air comp. is a tiny portable one that plugs into a cig. lighter in my truck :grr

toby400ex
10-24-2002, 12:52 PM
i just put my razors on and i used some f that gojo hand cleaner and like 40 psi and the thing popped right on and blew gojo all over my face, now that is scray when the tire pops on and it is he//a loud.