PDA

View Full Version : heavy metal interpretation

Old Head
06-23-2007, 05:17 PM
thought this was pretty funny

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNLDLyeepVs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNLDLyeepVs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

N300exJ
06-23-2007, 05:57 PM
that was great!

honda8&3
06-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Repost but still think that its hilarious.:D

krt400ex
06-23-2007, 07:12 PM
never seen somethin like that b4...friggin great. the randomness is hularious

416exfreak
06-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I like trivium...that was gay....

06-23-2007, 07:52 PM
haha trashy rock music, hilarious....Sounds like most of that death metal "music"

416exfreak
06-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Haha....your funny Honda86...

Trivium is Thrash metal, just like Metallica and Anthrax....

If you want Death Metal, go listen to Job for a Cowboy....that'll be your Death Metal...

06-23-2007, 08:55 PM
what i heard in that video was 100% trash....if i didnt have the images to go along with the screaming, i wouldnt know what they were saying

Its just another rock band that sucks

07250ex
06-23-2007, 09:05 PM
whats the name of the song i wanna look up the lyrics lol

300EXrider356
06-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Haha....your funny Honda86...

Trivium is Thrash metal, just like Metallica and Anthrax....

If you want Death Metal, go listen to Job for a Cowboy....that'll be your Death Metal...

I think Metallicas different, at least you can understand what Metallicas saying. But I thought the video was hilarious:blah:

miller821
06-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex

Here: Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

The face and the lips tremble as it rips
Your breath quickening as heat rushes in

Pull harder strings martyr
Stop you cry that's a lie
Flush gasping white reddening
You smile and destroy it- it's time that we end this

It's our curse that makes this world so hopeless
Allowing our king to spread his genocidal wings

My hands grip your throat I need your end
Burned, staked, ripped apart- I avenge
For every life you have taken
I am here to repay
You ask me "oh God why"
You ask me "****ing why"
For every life you have taken
I am here to repay

(Guitar Solo)

Pull harder strings martyr
Stop you cry that's a lie
Flush gasping white reddening
You smile and destroy it- it's time that we end this

This band isn't to bad. This song and Dying In Your Arms are probably my faves from them.

Old Head
06-24-2007, 02:00 AM

as i lay dying

416exfreak
06-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Old Head
as i lay dying

No, Its Trivium- Pull harder on the strings of your martyr....

And it isnt trash, its pure talent, if you think its trash then you play some good music and show what its all about Honda86!

Triviums two older albums, Ember to Inferno and Ascendency are nothing like metallica, but its catagorized alike...THRASH!!!!!

Thier newest album, The Crusade sounds like old DIO and Metallica....

416exfreak
06-24-2007, 09:55 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oeZGGBLpbsM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oeZGGBLpbsM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lp8p5OPtEe0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lp8p5OPtEe0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2 Songs off of The Crusade...

Im Going to see them live on July 17th!!!!!
:macho

06-24-2007, 10:35 AM
And it isnt trash, its pure talent, if you think its trash then you play some good music and show what its all about Honda86!

That first video on this thread IS trash and is just pointless screaming....now you want to hear some good music?? Heres a vidoe like the 1st one (as far as a picture of what he is saying)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5IIXeR5OUI

Maybe this will bring a smile to your face :D

Saliva (sp?) metallica and all those guys have nothing on louis armstrong :)

Now that track is good music and it took talent to make that song...

Unlike screaming the words, "boat" and "lime" lmao

416exfreak
06-24-2007, 11:15 AM
They werent screaming "boat" and "lime"....

They were screaming "stop" and "lie" :rolleyes:

Lois Armstrong can swallow a knife....that is just.....gay.....

Id rather listen to Rap than that "music".....

Did you even bother to listen to the 2 other songs I posted????

WhiteZrider
06-24-2007, 11:20 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzH0np3NNX8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzH0np3NNX8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Yup i listened to those other freak rock songs. Not quality music IMO. but everyone has different taste. but for you to say louis armstrong can do this or that...people like him did so much for music its a shame you dont respect the true classics.

and as far as rap music goes, it takes some serious skill to be a true rapper. And i am not talking about the "chain hang low" type rap. Im talking about the well thought out rhymes from artists like canibus, talib kweli, mos def, nas, etc... Alot of rap is way more creative and meaningful then rock.

Dont get me wrong i love rock music, i like alot of different types of music and respect alot of different types. Everything from classical, to hip hop, to rock and roll. But there is trash in all types of music, and this thread is base on trashy rock music

06-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow, that band sucks. A lot. I understand that metal takes talent. Like guitars and ****. But god damn the lyrics are a straight up joke. I agree with Honda86.

banshee84
06-24-2007, 11:22 PM
the song kicks *** and the if you actually listen to it you can hear the "real lyrics" not the ones on the screen. I love metal and I am glad to see it in all the riding videos.

TGW_400ex
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
They werent screaming "boat" and "lime"....

They were screaming "stop" and "lie" :rolleyes:

Lois Armstrong can swallow a knife....that is just.....gay.....

Id rather listen to Rap than that "music".....

Did you even bother to listen to the 2 other songs I posted????

It obvious that they are saying lime. He is just trying to point out you can understand what there are saying.

csimp3
06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
hahahahahahaha, "im here to ride bike" thats hilarious, that and BOAT, RUDDER!

416exfreak
06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
You people are complete idiots.....

You have no understanding of metal and are a disgrace to metal if you listen to it....

Trivium is a very good group, arguably one of the best.
I realize that people like different styles of music, but when you come in here insulting it, then im goig to fire back.

And you can call me a hypocrite all day long, but Honda86 started this with his little "comments"....

This thread was made to show a funny interpretation of a Song, and if you cant tell that those arent the real lyrics, the you sir, are a complete dumbarse...;)

400exrider99
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
i thought the video was funny

coolex
06-25-2007, 11:16 PM
its common knowledge trivium sucks, its not good music at all, nonsense screaming, even if i could hear what they are sayign after reading the lyrics thye suck to, theres no theme to the song or anything. its like stated before "trash"

and if u think that band is arguably the greatest band. u sir need to be decapitated

416exfreak
06-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey coolex, if you think thats what i need, then i guess you can start sharpening your axe....

Trivium kicks the sh1t out of that pu55y EMO crap you probably listen to. If its such common knowledge, then why do they have fan clubs in every country in the world?

killerofcrows48
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Trivium is a very good group, arguably one of the best.

hmm, THAT'S why I've never heard of them!!

coolex
06-26-2007, 10:03 PM
u dnt consider that emo crap, its nonstop screaming, i actually like rock and counry, were every song tells a story and i can understand what there saying.

i dnt like music that makes me want to cut my wrists and hang myself

miller821
06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Saying that Trivium sucks is like saying As I Lay Dying sucks, and that just shouldn't happen. Saying that you dislike them, or that you think they are arguably one of the best is your personal opinions.

But saying Trivium's Emo, wow your so wrong. Download some Niki Fm or Ohio Is for Lovers from Hawthorne Heights then tell me if you still think this is Emo.

Honestly, IMO; country seems to be the most depressing out their.

bradley300
06-27-2007, 12:59 AM
99 percent of this new whatever they want to call it metal is horrible. it all sounds the same, every album sounds like 1 long track, and none of its worth listening to. lets face it, there hasnt been a good metal, (or rock in general) group for years. show me a band that can play more than 1 song and rythm with discernable lyrics that actually have a purpose and chances are, they were out before 1995.

the whole seattle scene was the last good thing to happen to music, but i still go further back. The Band is one of the greatest bands ever, theres a purpose to each song, most are totally different, 3 of the 5 sing, and all of them switch between multiple instruments for different songs and you cant pin the group to any genre. recieving praise from ( and influencing) people like eric clapton, niel young, bob dylan, ringo star and ronnie wood are show how immensly talented they are.

no new bands will ever come close to that kind of talent until someone tries thinking outside the box again

miller821
06-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
99 percent of this new whatever they want to call it metal is horrible. it all sounds the same, every album sounds like 1 long track, and none of its worth listening to. lets face it, there hasnt been a good metal, (or rock in general) group for years. show me a band that can play more than 1 song and rythm with discernable lyrics that actually have a purpose and chances are, they were out before 1995.

DragonForce. The lyrics may be weird, but they are arguably one of the best.

416exfreak
06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Saying that Trivium sucks is like saying As I Lay Dying sucks, and that just shouldn't happen. Saying that you dislike them, or that you think they are arguably one of the best is your personal opinions.

But saying Trivium's Emo, wow your so wrong. Download some Niki Fm or Ohio Is for Lovers from Hawthorne Heights then tell me if you still think this is Emo.

Honestly, IMO; country seems to be the most depressing out their.

Know what you call an EMO redneck?:confused:

Country singer!!!!!!!!!:blah: :devil:

416exfreak
06-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by coolex
u dnt consider that emo crap, its nonstop screaming, i actually like rock and counry, were every song tells a story and i can understand what there saying.

i dnt like music that makes me want to cut my wrists and hang myself

Trivium doesnt make me want to cut my wrists and hang myself...Country does though. Country makes me want to jump out of a moving vehicle, just to escape its odious filth.

Listen to Hawthorne heights, taking back sunday, or some other "rock" band that gets played on the radio. Im sure the music you like tells a story...probably of how much life sucks and how much the people want to die...:devil: :blah:

416exfreak
06-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by killerofcrows48
hmm, THAT'S why I've never heard of them!!

Thats just because you live under a rock....or either you just dont get out much....:p

killerofcrows48
06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Thats just because you live under a rock....or either you just dont get out much....:p

Could be! haha

416exfreak
06-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Yea....killerofcrows....

If your not into that kind of metal, then you wont hear about the bands....slipknot is pretty well mainstream, thats why everyone knows about them....TTrivium is very popular in the metal world.;)

jrspawn
06-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow. Ill start by saying that after reding this thread.

With that said, cant all of you see(like some have posted but dont realize theirselves) EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTE IN MUSIC!!! And what you think is the best band in the world and the worst is your opinion. Dont bash someone for liking or hating a certain type of music. Music is diverse for a reason, different people like different things. Myself i like from some of the hardest "death" metal, to some of the some of the most "gangster" rap with everything between the two mixed in. And always remember, if you dont like to hear a certain song or type of music, you dont have to listen to it. Change the station, change the channel, or dont click the link. Simple as that, now wasnt that easy:D

Thank you
Justin

416exfreak
06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Some people dont posses the will-power to just look the other way...and the only reason i argued with Honda86, is because he bashed my favprite band and style of music...;)

MillerTime4187
06-29-2007, 09:03 AM
These interpretations are hilarious. If you like the songs (I do) take the interps with a good sense of humor. If you don't like the songs heres an oppurtunity to laugh at something you find ridiculous in the first place. Anyone who gets all worked up for either side needs to poop on their fist and punch themselves in the mouth.

ps- The Crusade sucks... hard

SGA
06-29-2007, 01:03 PM
( Picture about 30 years ago a grouchy 80 year old timer speaking his mind)

" Dab nab it! It all went down hill with Elvis and all that sinful hip swaying stuff. Then that tree hugging hippie beatle group came along.
No sir, music just went to hell in a handbasket after that!
We need music again like they had in the big one, World War 2. Jimmy Dorsy, Glenn Miller, Bing Crosby, the Andrew sisters! Now that was music!"

Whats funny is when I was little I can remember old timers talking like that about music from the 50's and 60's , and then all my life Ive heard people gripe about new music styles from the 70's, 80's and 90's and now the 00's. In the early 70's ( i was about 10 or 11 then) you should have heard them talk about Hendrix, Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. I heard that all of our youth had gone to crap with all that screeching guitar music and it would never last. By the way it did last and the young people back then did just fine. Heard the same thing about rap in the late 80's, early 90's and heavymetal/hardcore in the early 90's/ early 2000's and noticed our young people were going strong, doing well and not looking back.

Same thing with our young people today here in 2007. I think todays young people are doing well and will go on to be the new movers and shakers of the world and I have no doubt the world will be a better place because of them.

Carry on young people! Think Ill sit over here on the sidelines and sip a cold one:o

parkers30
06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SGA
( Picture about 30 years ago a grouchy 80 year old timer speaking his mind)

" Dab nab it! It all went down hill with Elvis and all that sinful hip swaying stuff. Then that tree hugging hippie beatle group came along.
No sir, music just went to hell in a handbasket after that!
We need music again like they had in the big one, World War 2. Jimmy Dorsy, Glenn Miller, Bing Crosby, the Andrew sisters! Now that was music!"

Whats funny is when I was little I can remember old timers talking like that about music from the 50's and 60's , and then all my life Ive heard people gripe about new music styles from the 70's, 80's and 90's and now the 00's. In the early 70's ( i was about 10 or 11 then) you should have heard them talk about Hendrix, Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. I heard that all of our youth had gone to crap with all that screeching guitar music and it would never last. By the way it did last and the young people back then did just fine. Heard the same thing about rap in the late 80's, early 90's and heavymetal/hardcore in the early 90's/ early 2000's and noticed our young people were going strong, doing well and not looking back.

Same thing with our young people today here in 2007. I think todays young people are doing well and will go on to be the new movers and shakers of the world and I have no doubt the world will be a better place because of them.

Carry on young people! Think Ill sit over here on the sidelines and sip a cold one:o

we'll stop by an have a cold one or six with you occasionally too :D

07250ex
06-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I respect how everybody likes different music but that is utterly horrible music thats not even music its screaming just about anyone can scream, i like rock, i like rap, i like one country song and the good and older rap actully does have alot of meaning in it i hate to say it but that song is so horrible since when do the word boat and stop sound alike take a moment and read through their lyrics it makes no sence and the words talk about flesh and death

miller821
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I respect how everybody likes different music but that is utterly horrible music thats not even music its screaming just about anyone can scream, i like rock, i like rap, i like one country song and the good and older rap actully does have alot of meaning in it i hate to say it but that song is so horrible since when do the word boat and stop sound alike take a moment and read through their lyrics it makes no sence and the words talk about flesh and death

I don't see where your talking about Stop and Boat sounding the same....

But since when is screaming not a talent or music? If you can scream along to these two songs without your throat hurting, and doing just as good a job as Tim is doing, then i'll give you a pat on the back.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKXvtXQCU9U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKXvtXQCU9U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You gotta love their attitude in this one. Fans come up on stage and instead of throwing them off he just lets him sing with him!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B6aPKt2R2Bc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B6aPKt2R2Bc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

416exfreak
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZSTlrK1HmU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZSTlrK1HmU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I like this song too...

Its not an interpretation, but its a kick arse song...great to listen to right before you ride....

ZeroLogic
06-29-2007, 04:32 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZSTlrK1HmU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZSTlrK1HmU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I like this song too...

Its not an interpretation, but its a kick arse song...great to listen to right before you ride....

Chimaira is a good band.:o

416exfreak
06-30-2007, 10:46 AM

Tell ya what bud, you can go listen to some guy sing about how his wife is screwing the neighbor...while hes at the bar crying in his beer....im gonna keep head- bangin' and moshin'....

Metal has been around since the 60's (Blue cheer) and it will always be around....deal with it!:rolleyes:

madskrillz2
06-30-2007, 01:05 PM
i personally am not a fan of trivium but i AM a metal freak. i dont really have a favorite but i get hung up on a few for awhile. right now it would have to be CHIMAIRA. im in love with that new CD. Job For a Cowboy, Lamb of God, Sepultura, Fear Factory......i could go on for days; all kick *** IMO

TheIceMan
06-30-2007, 01:27 PM

Metal has been around since the 60's (Blue cheer) and it will always be around....deal with it!:rolleyes:

:devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chiVMrWMHko

416exfreak
06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
That had to be the dumbest thing ive ever seen....and it proved that not just everyone can go and be a metal artist....

07250ex
07-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Tell ya what bud, you can go listen to some guy sing about how his wife is screwing the neighbor...while hes at the bar crying in his beer....im gonna keep head- bangin' and moshin'....

i don't consider that head bang music

This is headbang music and its good to

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5525310388414440708&q=nickelback+because+of+you&total=272&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=259856296966035686&q=one+step+closer&total=3555&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8062428389026503085&q=lolitas+medicine&total=20&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5761882049235903910&q=down+with+the+sickness&total=2676&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=909662806492960392&q=rainbow+in+the+dark&total=440&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4969294535492175084&q=right+side+of+the+bed&total=686&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=74333545733574250&q=the+theft&total=11054&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

just to make sure you know they are all different songs even tho the url that shows are similar or the same

416exfreak
07-01-2007, 07:19 PM
You'll listen to Atreyu, but you wont listen to Trivium?

You are one strange cookie my friend....:eek2:

Hmmm, nothing on that list was worth of being called metal, except for the atreyu stuff....everythign else is just new rock...

Dio isnt, but thats the only one...;)

416exfreak
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
i personally am not a fan of trivium but i AM a metal freak. i dont really have a favorite but i get hung up on a few for awhile. right now it would have to be CHIMAIRA. im in love with that new CD. Job For a Cowboy, Lamb of God, Sepultura, Fear Factory......i could go on for days; all kick *** IMO

Chimaira= <3

Lamb of God= <33333

J.F.A.C....maybe if im pissed off...otherwise...idk...somethign about that Death Grind...i just dont like it...

07250ex
07-01-2007, 08:35 PM
maybe cuz i can actully understand what atreyu is saying

416exfreak
07-02-2007, 08:21 AM
You are dumb dude...you can understand maybe...30% of "right side of the bed"...Its no Different, they still scream!

Your such a hypocrite thats its not even funny. When you decide to stop soiling your huggies, then come back and we'll discuss this like humans ok?:p

07250ex
07-03-2007, 06:59 PM
well i just put on a clean huggie so now that that is settled i can understand all of right side of the bed lol

416exfreak
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Its still a screaming song bro...same thing as trivium, just way less hardcore....

Atreyu is like...a cross between Hawthorne heights and the dillinger escape plan....

07250ex
07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
never heard of em but ... ozzy owns all :devil:

416exfreak
07-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Maybe, say 20 years ago.....now he's just far to old...and his voice is going.....