PDA

View Full Version : wanted to ride but my wife took my truck keys...

quad2xtreme
06-23-2007, 04:42 PM
argh!!!

1st off, Rocky Mountain catalog shows stock 2006 sprockets as 14/38 so I ordered a 15. Of course I didn't know until I loosened the chain and took the front sprocket off and discovered it is actually a 13 front on the front. Big waste of time and now I need a 14. So, I adjusted chain and then went over all the bolts, gassed up, and checked tire pressure. Then, I couldn't find my truck keys. Turns out my wife used my keys to get to work today...and her set are in her purse. :mad: :mad: :ermm:

Big waste of time last week too. My quad was backfiring on deceleration. I had just switched to NoToil air filter oil 3 weeks earlier so I figured that was it. I took the air box off, cleaned the filter and switched back to Amsoil air filter oil. Also cleaned the carb even though I didn't note any dirt plugging anything. So, I checked the valves and they were within spec. Put everything together and it was still backfiring. Figured what the heck...and went to the track anyhow. Heard a rattle...turned out a bolt on my nerfs loosened. So, I tightened it. Soon after, heard another rattle...coming from the engine. Turned out to be the two nuts that hold the headpipe to the engine. Back fire problem solved. Of course, huge waste of time doing all that other work.

Looking forward to heading out tomorrow though.

krt400ex
06-23-2007, 07:14 PM
i here ya with the sprocket thing. not just rocky mtn though. the same thing happened in my buddies distributor catalog for his performance shop. i ended up needing to drop a tooth on the front like you..

JJs450r
06-23-2007, 08:20 PM
get out while you can :) haha jk im hoping to get back in by christmas if i get my bike on monday