PDA

View Full Version : Is this Cylinder Ported??

hawk77
06-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I just bought this R about a month ago and have been cleaning it up and giving it some more pep. So far, I have been told that it has a Wiseco Piston that is .030 over and FMF pipe and silencer. I added a K&N Filter with outerwear and it did not come with an airbox lid. I also have a Boyesen Rad Valve and a 38mm PWK carb on its way. This R has been through a few owners and is really clean. My question is, does this cylinder look like its ever been ported? If so, what kind of porting does it look like. Any input is appreciated

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n95/hawk77_2006/cylinder-1.jpg

methyman
06-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Looks 100% stock to me. Looks like it hasn't been touched.

hawk77
06-24-2007, 10:40 AM
ok...I thought it was stock, but some of the edges do look like they have been cut or enlarged. I just bought a Boyesen Rad valve and a 38mm A/S carb...With the FMF Pipe and Silencer and the K&N Airfilter and no airbox lid, do you think the carb is going to be too much? Also, on the stock carb, How do the cap come off the cable? I have the entire carb off, but the cap is still on there... Will my stock thumb thottle cable work with my new carb?

bushwesl
06-24-2007, 10:57 AM
The carb will be fine and is a great upgrade from the stock PJ. As far as the cable goes, you'll have to buy a new one. You'll just have to remove the old cable from your thumb throttle and then install the new one.