PDA

View Full Version : 450r a arms on 300ex? how does it ride?

maddmatt02
06-23-2007, 02:43 PM
ok, first things first, no matter what I am going to do this, am in the process of cutting the brackets off now. I am not asking if I should or why I shouldnt.
just asking if anyone has done this? if anyone has done it specifically this way? and if so the results?

I was first worried how Id have the arms in identical placement left to right, well mocking them up a little bit seemed I could keep one stock mounting point for each arm and only move one and front end will stay symmetrical. the caster angle of my solution looks like it will come out something like the LSR +2's on my boss's 400 put it, ball joints look somewhat vertical but maybe leaning back just a bit. camber is slightly negative at full droop, couldnt check what it does through the stroke because I couldnt mount anything permanent, all tied/held with rope/clamps/jackstands. also with no weight on the bike the front end looks like it should sit at a good height.

anyways I am gonna cut/relocate/reweld the upper front a arm mounts forward til the upper slips right in, and the lowere rear a arm mounts back til they slip right in.

I got 450 arms, brake lines all the way to the master, tie rods, all brake banjo bolts for 50 shipped so i just got em and they didnt bolt in like a 400ex arms would, but they are more over 400arms than 400's are over 300's.

hopefully Ill weld em on next weekend or the one after and Ill post pics, but has anyone done it?