PDA

View Full Version : im thinking about getting one

kenjolly
06-23-2007, 02:20 PM
What are the pro's and con's of a 2007 cobra ecx 50,how much upkeep compared to my drx 50and 70. can i make my drx 50 run like a cobra for the same amount of money. any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks Ken

Bayman111
06-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Ive seen cobra 50's run against modded drx 50's and there is no comparasin, Cobra's are the dominant 50.

mxkids
06-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Ken,

If you can take care of a CVT clutch you shouldn't have any problem with a Cobra 50. (Anything that spins 16000 RPM should take a bit more maintance). If you have any questions or just want to hear the pros and cons give me a call. I will be glad to help you anyway I can.

Brandon
256-766-4789

howmuchnow
06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Ken are you comeing to lakeland next weekend if so your boy can run mine to see if he likes it, but be prepared to use your 50 for a paper weight because he wont want to get back on it. (lol)
Swede

kenjolly
06-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes we will be their sat for practice about 9:00 .

Thanks, i know he will want one for sure then.

seee ya Sat,

azextreme
06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Let us know how the review goes??

kenjolly
07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Well its been about 4hrs since he got of the cobra 50 and hasnt stopped smiling or talking about it.

there is a lerning curve to riding one but he got to feel some of the power.

Although i am not allowed to talk to swede anymore,she says i spend enough money without his help.

All kidding aside even she can see how good and safe the cobra is.

Their will be a cobra in the jolly garage later this year if we make the decision to start running some bigger races.

Thanks for the ride Swede

TEXWS6
07-17-2007, 06:14 AM
i too am thinking about getting a 70 with the auto tranny...is there any problems associated with this machine?

Local race organization won't let us use a manual clutch in the mini classes

Also, how would a 70 run against a built trx125?

thanks,

Kelly

Livin4Real
07-17-2007, 06:32 AM
The auto clutches hold up alot better with kids that can shift. If your kid doesn't know how to shift you'r better off going with the manual clutch. I would have a good talk with the local series and ask them why they won't allow a production quad to run and explain that it is a stock factory quad. As far as comparing to a built 125 with the same rider on both I think it would be close if not in favor of the Cobra a little.

TEXWS6
07-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
The auto clutches hold up alot better with kids that can shift. If your kid doesn't know how to shift you'r better off going with the manual clutch. I would have a good talk with the local series and ask them why they won't allow a production quad to run and explain that it is a stock factory quad. As far as comparing to a built 125 with the same rider on both I think it would be close if not in favor of the Cobra a little.

she know's how to shift, it's just local rules not to let any of the little guy's have manual clutches, why, i have no idea?!?!?

Performance-wise, i figured that the 70 would blow the 125 away

rookiewrench
07-17-2007, 07:57 AM
I would say that the cobra 70 will run about the same times as the honda trx 125 if not a little faster. If you look at the times of the last national race in Illinois the cobras were faster for the most part with the exception of Taylor Seale, that boy can flat out ride, he was about 2 seconds faster that the fastest cobra time of Brett Musik on a cobra 70.
Hope that helps !!

kenjolly
07-17-2007, 08:09 AM
You just need to make sure you get the right quad for the class you want to run. dont confuse CVT,auto clutch,single speed and so on. I like the cobra and planned on getting one because i didnt unerstand the class structure. I thought the cobra's ran in the 70 production cvt with our drx 70 but they dont. So we are now building a new nationals drx 70 for that class.

Hope this helps, once again thanks for the ride on the cobra.

see ya at ssqsa and some nationals.

Sorry swede if i get a cobra they will take away my drx card.

Drr has the best support of any quad i have seen yet and we are sticking with drr and Gary Fallon for that.