PDA

View Full Version : Has any one used these shocks before??

pdxbigfoot
06-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Ive got the option to buy these tommorrow and i was wondering if anybody has used them and had any luck with the Works pro series triple rate coil overs with reseviors.They are coming off a 88R and im running stock arms....once again thank you for any input...JMO

methyman
06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I had the same ones set for my weight. I used these shocks for about a year to mx with +2 a arms and worked great. Then ran them for 2 more years trail riding with out any problems.

mfr422
06-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I have that exact setup on my R and they work great. They are good shocks for the money and easier to adjust and valve than the high end units. They aren't as good as the more expensive units but are a great upgrade from stock. I just upgraded to axis on one of my machines and there is a difference in how well they work. :D Roost on!!

pdxbigfoot
06-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Thats pretty much all i needed to hear...im getting them...thanx again...JMO

redrooster310r
06-24-2007, 05:04 PM
be careful .... works raises the front end ride height about an inch or so . youll never bottom ....just gets body roll in turns. ooop s i think im talking about the at steelers .

fastR
06-24-2007, 05:06 PM
get pep, there a lot nicer:D

pdxbigfoot
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
So we will see. It (the sale) got postponed till tomorrow so im going to keep doing some more digging on these...thank you and if anybody else knows anything that would be great....JMO

bushwesl
06-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Like everyone else has said, they will be a huge improvement over the stock ones. The Pro Series are much better than the AT Steelers, as far as I'm concerned the AT's are a waste of money. You'll get the 5/8" diameter shafts, and I think they have added adjustability over the AT's as well. If the sale is still pending, and you're still looking, I'd check around for some PEP, Axis, or Elka shocks, as they are far more superior to Works, IMO. Just my $0.02